300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
    As close to your location as they can make it. So far the furthest I've had to travel is 2 hours by car for the video based test and structured interview. Medical and PFT1 were both within a half hour of me.
    Everything for me was done about 15 minutes distance driving thank God for NYC and JFK

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
      As close to your location as they can make it. So far the furthest I've had to travel is 2 hours by car for the video based test and structured interview. Medical and PFT1 were both within a half hour of me.

Thanks 180! I'm driving 10 hours to take the written.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
        no i haven't been contacted to take one. I didnt have to take it last time. Rules have changed now. I wish i had accepted my EOD back in November...oh well ya live and learn
        Mnewsom, why didnt you take the first EOD?
        CBPO
        Geo Pref:Georgia
        NOR:3/07
        T.O:10/08
        1st TSU:6/09
        2nd Fitness test:11/09
        Credit pulled:4/10
        2nd TSU:5/10
        2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
        2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
        2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
        All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
          Everything for me was done about 15 minutes distance driving thank God for NYC and JFK
          I am hoping to get JFK. Were you able to apply when they allowed you to select ports? I wonder how many people are being selected for JFK these days. I'd hate to go through the entire process and if hired be offered a port that I would not accept.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
            I am hoping to get JFK. Were you able to apply when they allowed you to select ports? I wonder how many people are being selected for JFK these days. I'd hate to go through the entire process and if hired be offered a port that I would not accept.
            you select a region, the original announcement when i applied to cbp in march allowed me to select the Central East Coast (jfk, newark, philly, etc..) I was anxious to start so i switched to the southwest. If you just applied i believe it is only for the southwest, northwest, and southeast. i would check and see what you applied for if you do not know ()

as far as jfk and hiring i believe they hired some, someone else here can probably provide more details. I spoke with a CBPO recruiter at a job fair one day in town and they said all hiring is focused for SWB but they were taking only 16-20 new hires for the newark, jfk, area. so the wait is probably long since many people tested a few years back (again not 100% sure)
            CBPO
            App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
            Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
            ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
            APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
            PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
            Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
            Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
              Mnewsom, why didnt you take the first EOD?
              I had just taken a job in Tennessee and was in the process of buying a new home when i got the call. I thought it would be a good job, but it turned out to be a dud of a job and the home purchase fell through. I reapplied in the march 2012 announcement

Comment

going to newark tomorrow for VBT, did medical in Newark too, its only 30mins away if that, and i tested in NYC which was like 40mins. Medical was 5 mins away almost around the block lol. process has been pretty short distance for me atleast!
                CBPO
                App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• I took the exam this morning and although I did not find the exam difficult, I left the exam perplexed how many people showed up looking like they rolled right out of bed and went to the exam (PJ pants, gym shorts and t-shirts).

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                    you select a region, the original announcement when i applied to cbp in march allowed me to select the Central East Coast (jfk, newark, philly, etc..) I was anxious to start so i switched to the southwest. If you just applied i believe it is only for the southwest, northwest, and southeast. i would check and see what you applied for if you do not know ()
                    Is there a way to check which region I applied to? I don't recall. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                      I took the exam this morning and although I did not find the exam difficult, I left the exam perplexed how many people showed up looking like they rolled right out of bed and went to the exam (PJ pants, gym shorts and t-shirts).
                      Check your inbox Firefox.

Comment

Same here 30 min drive tops for me. The farthest I had to go was Brooklyn for the drug test. Thats only bc medicals system was down and couldn't get any locations but brookly to pop up. Everything else was by JFK.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Thanks 180! I'm driving 10 hours to take the written.
                          I had to take a train to Philly for the exam, I feel your pain lol.
                          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

I have a friend that works in JFK. He said they picked up a few new hires recently and they are down officers. That does not mean they will be hiring many more though. If I remember correctly some guys in fletc on this forum said they picked up a few for JFK, but they tested 2008 or 2009. That could be a very long wait. Back when I originally tested I had JFK as my poe (12/2010 was the last test you could choose a specific port I think) I changed also to SWB after the second email to get in quicker. Still waiting for the BI to clear, but I know that once I have that cleared I should get picked up very quickly. I can't say the same for JFK. I don't mean to bring you down, but it's a crap shoot if your hoping for JFK. I would seriously think about accepting what ever poe they offer, If you want the job bad enough. I would give my left arm for a green check and a call tomorrow lol.
                            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                              I took the exam this morning and although I did not find the exam difficult, I left the exam perplexed how many people showed up looking like they rolled right out of bed and went to the exam (PJ pants, gym shorts and t-shirts).
                              Firefox, when I tested I thought the same thing. I mean sure a suit and tie is a bit much, but come on show a little bit of respect you're taking an exam for a federal Leo job. I thought it was just completely disrespectful.
                              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Thanks Rms! I am already a police officer so if lucky enough to be hired I'd be willing to wait as long as necessary to get JFK. Hopefully, the tide for hiring there will change if/when I get to the latter stages of the process like the rest of you guys/gals.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11354 users online. 397 members and 10957 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X