300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ladyta18 View Post
    I have news people! Remember how I've been just waiting and waiting for the adjudicator to make my final decision for the last couple of weeks ( Since July 29th to be exact)? After the lady that suppose to go over my files has been telling me since then that she made her determination and that she turned my files over to her superior to make his/her final determination and that it has not been an update with it since she turned it over? Comes to find out today after I ask to speak with her supervisor, she told me that she never did make her final determination and she never told me she did. She still had my files there and that she sent me a letter of response about my credit and that I RELIED back to it. I told her I never received such a thing and she pulled out my files and we went over my debt. She told me you cannot pass $5,000 in old debt (meaning closed accounts). I was close by the mark. She told me she will pull up my credit report again to see the progress and give me a call back. She told me that my debt was cut in half from the amount she got before, which is good. She said now she has to review the notes from the BI and go from there. Funny enough I have credit monitoring and I receive alerts with changes on my report and I have not received an alert about my credit being pulled but im going to give it 24 hours to see if i receive it. So basically my files has been sitting up there since June. It sat there for a month before I have to call her and then she went and got my files. Now she gave me the run around and she still has it. IF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING MORE THAN TWO MONTHS FOR YOUR BI TO CLEAR AND ITS AT INTERNAL AFFAIRS, YOU GUYS NEED TO GET ON THE BALL AND HANDLE IT! SOME OF THE ADJUDICATORS ARE SLACKERS! STAY ON TOP OF THINGS! THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HAVE TO KEEP CALLING IA BUGGING THEM CAUSE SITUATIONS LIKE THIS! AT THE RATE HOW THE PROCESS IS GOING, IT SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN THE MAX TWO MONTHS, IF THAT MUCH!
    Calm down, take a deep breath and...........welcome to the government hiring process!!!!

HOW DO YOU GET A HOLD OF IA??

Most applicants do not have that option unless there was something that IA felt was issue for suitability and they were issued a NOPA.

"AT THE RATE HOW THE PROCESS IS GOING, IT SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN THE MAX TWO MONTHS, IF THAT MUCH!"

How do you know it shouldn't take longer than two months? People have been in this process for a lot longer. You have to remember that this is the government, which operates slowly. I do understand your frustration, I have been waiting A LOT longer. Just for FYI my first BI with the government took 9 months just to meet with the Investigator.

You hear several applicants backgrounds clearing quickly. The answer for that is an "interim clearance", which means they look good on paper only. As a result, they background is marked "complete" in CASS and they are sent on their way through the process.

I know it sucks, but honestly what's is the rush!!! It will happen if it is going to happen. One last note, if everyone was to take your advice and bug IA then all that does is slow them down even more. I am not trying to be insensitive, but realistic you are 1 applicant out of 1000's, what makes you special???
    Last edited by fedpolice; 09-03-2008, 11:38 PM. Reason: personal preference

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gabbanelli911;1394505]
      Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      OT= base pay x 2
      Eve.diff.= base pay x 1.15
      Night diff.= base pay x 1.20
      Sun. diff.= base pay x 1.50
      Holiday pay= 8 hours of base pay

What's the hours for evening diffential and for night differential?

Let's say that I'm a GS-7 making $17.64 per hour and I'm working the night shift (12am to 8am), does that mean that I'll be making $21.16 per hour (17.64 x 1.20)?

How much will I'll make then if I work on a Sunday night? What about if I work overtime on Sunday night or any day on the night shift?
      I'm wondering the same thing

Comment

• For those beginning the waiting game...

OK,
        First for those who just started the whole process last month......
        YOU GUYS NEED TO CHILL!... Check out my timeline then complaint if you have been waiting longer....
        My last post I told you guys about my file apparently being in the pile since January, the lady told me they had sent me a NOPA recently, meaning maybe the week before....., I gave it a week since I spoke with her and nothing came in the mail. I called again today and I got the run around from her, telling me that sometimes they mark a letter sent days before they actually send it....lol...then she tells me that the system that had that information was down at the moment... bureaucracy is great gotta love it!

So in my case me calling IA began the ball rolling for me once again, but for you guys that have just met with your investigator, if six months go by with nothing from them then you need to worry...

Good luck to all of the new guys and gals in the process...
        welcome to the waiting game
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by fedpolice View Post
          Calm down, take a deep breath and...........welcome to the government hiring process!!!!

HOW DO YOU GET A HOLD OF IA??

Most applicants do not have that option unless there was something that IA felt was issue for suitability and they were issued a NOPA.

"AT THE RATE HOW THE PROCESS IS GOING, IT SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN THE MAX TWO MONTHS, IF THAT MUCH!"

How do you know it shouldn't take longer than two months? People have been in this process for a lot longer. You have to remember that this is the government, which operates slowly. I do understand your frustration, I have been waiting A LOT longer. Just for FYI my first BI with the government took 9 months just to meet with the Investigator.

You hear several applicants backgrounds clearing quickly. The answer for that is an "interim clearance", which means they look good on paper only. As a result, they background is marked "complete" in CASS and they are sent on their way through the process.

I know it sucks, but honestly what's is the rush!!! It will happen if it is going to happen. One last note, if everyone was to take your advice and bug IA then all that does is slow them down even more. I am not trying to be insensitive, but realistic you are 1 applicant out of 1000's, what makes you special???
          Since you want to put me out on blast, let me answer your questions. For your information, the people im talkin about DID NOT get an interim clearance. Down hear in Miami, we are in the expedited process. These people went thru their background investigation with their BI and their files was turned into internal affairs and received responses if anything was wrong and got there offer all within two months. And I did my BI before some of them. If you havent read what I posted that the lady gave me false information and gave me the run around. I didnt know that was apart of the GOVERNMENT HIRING PROCESS! And if you have been waiting that long they probably holding you up too. Any I have cowokers that did exceed the two months with their BI and found out either their papers was lost or they was being hold up due something in IA that has nothing to do with them. I guess you havent read the previous message about the guy who took the test when I did and when his BI was in IA he waited for 9 months and when he got ahold of them they told him that his files was just sitting in IA and was not touched because the person who was assigned to it was not there anymore. If you havent realized, the process is shorter now. So I'm not going to sit and wait for nothing and I know other members on this forum feel the same way. IM not saying Im special, Im bein realistic. So does that answer your inquiry?

Tested: 08/07
          TO: 03/08
          Medical: 04/08 (Cleared)
          Fitness: 04/08 (Cleared)
          Qualifications: 05/08 GS-7 (Cleared)
          Drug: 04/08 (Cleared)
          Pre-employment Forms: 05/08 (Cleared)
          VBT: 05/08 (Cleared)
          BI: Met with BI 6/08 (Pending)

Comment

• I got the call also! I start On Sep 15 at Lax port..then its off to FLETC on OCT 13. Im so happy.

Comment

• ladyta18:

The BI takes 3 to 6 months to go through, and that's from your meeting date with the investigator. I myself went through the expedited version of the process (actually we were the first group) and they told us that from test date to hire it would be 6 months, here I am a year later still waiting. Those that have been cleared in no time at all, some are interim and some are actually cleared because of who knows what.... Now we are all on the same boat, and we don't need to start a flaming war within the thread, I know this whole thing is very frustrating, especially when you've been waiting for as long as I have and you see people go from application to hire in 4 months!, but we all get different investigators and have very different backgrounds so the process is different for everyone. At this point after so long all you want is a YES or NO, and be done with the waiting game!...but alas it is what it is

I have let other opportunities slip by while waiting, and really need the job ASAP, if you are currently employed you should just chill IMO, the call will come in time unless like I said before, more than 6 months go by since your meeting and you have no word. The other thing I have read here that when you reply to a NOPA they take 3 to 6 weeks to make a determination... so I am waiting for my NOPA to arrive and then I'll have to wait for it go through to see if it's accepted awesome right???

good luck to all of you guys once again
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                ladyta18:

The BI takes 3 to 6 months to go through, and that's from your meeting date with the investigator. I myself went through the expedited version of the process (actually we were the first group) and they told us that from test date to hire it would be 6 months, here I am a year later still waiting. Those that have been cleared in no time at all, some are interim and some are actually cleared because of who knows what.... Now we are all on the same boat, and we don't need to start a flaming war within the thread, I know this whole thing is very frustrating, especially when you've been waiting for as long as I have and you see people go from application to hire in 4 months!, but we all get different investigators and have very different backgrounds so the process is different for everyone. At this point after so long all you want is a YES or NO, and be done with the waiting game!...but alas it is what it is

I have let other opportunities slip by while waiting, and really need the job ASAP, if you are currently employed you should just chill IMO, the call will come in time unless like I said before, more than 6 months go by since your meeting and you have no word. The other thing I have read here that when you reply to a NOPA they take 3 to 6 weeks to make a determination... so I am waiting for my NOPA to arrive and then I'll have to wait for it go through to see if it's accepted awesome right???

good luck to all of you guys once again

Hi Yoda,

I agree I am not going to debate the process with lady18. I want this job just as bad as anyone else. I agree each applicant's process is different. I did not have the opportunity of an expedited hiring process. Yoda, If you don't mind me asking, it has been around 7 months since I met with my BI. How did you make contact with IA? I hope my file did not get lost or set aside, but after reading what lady18 posted she might be right.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedpolice View Post
                  Hi Yoda,

I agree I am not going to debate the process with lady18. I want this job just as bad as anyone else. I agree each applicant's process is different. I did not have the opportunity of an expedited hiring process. Yoda, If you don't mind me asking, it has been around 7 months since I met with my BI. How did you make contact with IA? I hope my file did not get lost or set aside, but after reading what lady18 posted she might be right.
                  Fed police I was in your shoes.. I called my background investigator and asked him if there was anything I could do to expedite my BI? or where there any questions to my BI that I could help with? He told me everything looked good and he had sent my BI to the security office this was back in the beginning of march. IT took 7 months for them to call me. I had just been hired to an awesome job..who I just gave my two week notice to. They WILL CALL YOU...unless theres something really bad in your background or you have horrible credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by tori View Post
                    I got the call also! I start On Sep 15 at Lax port..then its off to FLETC on OCT 13. Im so happy.
                    congrats........ do you start fletc on oct 13th or is that when you are traveling?? Because for me Oct. 16th is the day i start FLETC. I think she said i was class 905 or something i think we will probably be in the same class

Comment

• Hello everyone! I am new to the process from Los Angeles, CA. Anyone else from LA?

Here's my timeline:
                      CBPO
                      TESTED: 07/21/08
                      NOR: Score 82 (no vet points) 07/29/08
                      TO: 08/04/08
                      PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS - Pending, but sent them out 08/13/08
                      MEDICAL - Results Pending, but took it on 09/02/08 (going to get TB read 09/04/08)
                      FITNESS - Results Pending, but took it on 09/02/08
                      VBT - going to attend 09/04/08 at LAX
                      QUALS - pending
                      DRUG TEST - pending
                      BI - pending

Anyone else on the same boat as me?

Comment

• Originally posted by tori View Post
                        Fed police I was in your shoes.. I called my background investigator and asked him if there was anything I could do to expedite my BI? or where there any questions to my BI that I could help with? He told me everything looked good and he had sent my BI to the security office this was back in the beginning of march. IT took 7 months for them to call me. I had just been hired to an awesome job..who I just gave my two week notice to. They WILL CALL YOU...unless theres something really bad in your background or you have horrible credit.
                        Thanks tori. Hopefully, the same will happen to me : )

Comment

• Hello all,

I recently just joined the forums here, and everyone’s information has been quiet helpful! As per CBP officer, I was referred to the scheduling unit on July 14th, 2008. My selected location was Newark, NJ. I took my test back in November of 2007...went through the process since than, not sure the exact dates of all my tests and background check. The scheduling unit informed me there are no current openings at this moment? Has anyone else applied to this location, or is currently training for it?

Thanks!
                          CBP Officer
                          Newark, NJ

Comment

• So can some one confirm, Miami needs people badly? If so, is it because of the Spanish course requirement?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gabbanelli911;1394505]
                              Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              OT= base pay x 2
                              Eve.diff.= base pay x 1.15
                              Night diff.= base pay x 1.20
                              Sun. diff.= base pay x 1.50
                              Holiday pay= 8 hours of base pay

What's the hours for evening diffential and for night differential?

Evening diff. = majority of work hours between 1500 and 2300

Night diff. = majority of work hours between 2300 and 0800

It's a bit more complicated than that in real life, but that covers about 95% of it.

Let's say that I'm a GS-7 making $17.64 per hour and I'm working the night shift (12am to 8am), does that mean that I'll be making $21.16 per hour (17.64 x 1.20)?

Yes.

How much will I'll make then if I work on a Sunday night? 1.5X base pay What about if I work overtime on Sunday night(2X base pay) or any day on the night shift?2X base pay
                              If you work a shift that has 2 or more possible premium pay differentials you'll only receive the largest possible applicable differential.(Exceptions apply here too)
                              Last edited by merlin436; 09-04-2008, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitthelights View Post
                                Hello all,

I recently just joined the forums here, and everyone’s information has been quiet helpful! As per CBP officer, I was referred to the scheduling unit on July 14th, 2008. My selected location was Newark, NJ. I took my test back in November of 2007...went through the process since than, not sure the exact dates of all my tests and background check. The scheduling unit informed me there are no current openings at this moment? Has anyone else applied to this location, or is currently training for it?

Thanks!
                                I'm waiting for EWR as well. Damn the date I was sent to scheduling was two weeks after you. Way to put a damper on my day, hah.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7487 users online. 414 members and 7073 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X