Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost my job a few years ago, so my credit score right now is below 600 , bad credit. As of today i am a stay at home mom living of child support, section 8 and food stamps. So my question is this situation of mine could be disqualifyng?

Comment

• Originally posted by Svelez View Post
      I lost my job a few years ago, so my credit score right now is below 600 , bad credit. As of today i am a stay at home mom living of child support, section 8 and food stamps. So my question is this situation of mine could be disqualifyng?
      i dont think so as long as u are making payment to ur credit cards and bills
      all they see is do u always have late payments..

i own over $10k on credit cards and i make all my payments on time and passed the BI

Comment

• Originally posted by wmu2003 View Post
        They will send you to FLETC from pre-academy. However, you can try to make arrangements with your port, depending on what day your academy starts, to take leave before you go. If you are new to federal service you won't have much accumulated by then, but you may be able to convince them to give you some advance leave. I would reach out to the point of contact that you are given for your port and try to find out something before you head out so that you take what you need with you to CA if necessary (especially if you are coming from somewhere that is nowhere near where you are going to be stationed). Same deal for post-academy, the plan is to send you directly from FLETC to your port but you can request to take leave in between and it will be up to your port to decide if they will approve it.
        Thank you for that information. I am moving from NY to Calexico, CA and it will be a huge change in my life.

If there are anyone out there who knows any places to stay for the pre-academy periods from July 30-August 30... please PM me or reply. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          180degrees, I can tell you my BI hold up is probably from my wife being born in Columbia(adopted and raised in NY as an infant), the small army of family that I have in Argentina and the fact that I have traveled to several different countries. I met my investigator sometime at the end of July last year. I was also told that around the time my BI was sent to IA (late 8/2011 to early 09/2011)an order came down stating that certain backgrounds be worked/completed first and mine was not one of them. So to me that sounds like mine was set aside for an undisclosed amount of time. Those BI's being fast tracked were probably applicants that were given interim clearances. When I called IA in 10/2011 they stated I had at least been assigned to an adjudicator and that not many have even gotten that far. Again though that hasn't done much for me since almost 10 months after that I'm still here.

Wow, this does not give me much hope to see any BI cleared in less than a 100 years despite a spotless record and currently being employed as a LEO. I was BORN outside the U.S., I was married to a foreign national for 11.5 years, I have close family in at least five countries, I lived in Mexico and in Europe...(more than 10 yrs ago).

Did I mention my GF is a foreign national? I guess international experience and actually intimately knowing the places entrants to the U.S. come from don't weigh much in the CBP hiring balance if having family abroad, traveling and living outside of the U.S. is such a concern.

Oh well, CBP is not the only game in town.
          CBPO Timeline

Test – 5/31/2012
          NOR – 6/14/2012 (89 w/out vet pref)
          TSL1 - 6/18/2012
          Pre-Employment Forms - 6/28/2012
          PFT1 - 7/16/2012
          Medical - 8/3/2012
          VBT/Structured Interview - 8/6/2012

MPD Timeline

Application-11/3/2011
          Test-12/05/2011
          PHS-12/13/2011
          Mass Processing/PAT-3/10/2012
          Medical-4/21/2012
          Poly- 5/23/2012
          Psych- 5/29/2012
          Final Review - 8/5/12
          Academy: November-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
            Thanks yoda
            not everything transfers. you will resubmit eqip, fingerprints, all the forms you had to sign. in a nutshell, your medical, pft1, vbt/si and drug screen transfers, they will take into consideration that you had a BI done already if that is the case.
            CBPO
            Geo - West Coast
            Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
            NOR - 4/2/12
            TSL - 6/12/12
            PFT1 - green
            BI -
            Quals -
            VBT/SI - green
            Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Originally posted by jjjustice007 View Post
              Wow, this does not give me much hope to see any BI cleared in less than a 100 years despite a spotless record and currently being employed as a LEO. I was BORN outside the U.S., I was married to a foreign national for 11.5 years, I have close family in at least five countries, I lived in Mexico and in Europe...(more than 10 yrs ago).

Did I mention my GF is a foreign national? I guess international experience and actually intimately knowing the places entrants to the U.S. come from don't weigh much in the CBP hiring balance if having family abroad, traveling and living outside of the U.S. is such a concern.

What you have listed here is going to be an issue you will have to thoroughly explain when going through any federal hiring process. With all of the international family, travel and residential situations you are going to blow up the E-QIP when it comes time to submit it for a security clearance. I'm not saying this will keep you from getting a clearance, I have heard of people with dual citizenship get a TS, but it will significantly increase the amount of time it takes to complete your BI! I see you are in the MPD process as well. This is a squared away agency that pays well and should not focus as much on your past in regards to international ties.

Goodluck!

Comment

• Okay, Gang, I need some help.

I've been in process a while now. THought I was all done, until I received a new letter via certified mail. Bare in mind, I already received confirmation that I passed my Polygraph, this past December. Also, bare in mind that I have been working in federal L/E for many years and am currently a 083 federal police officer. However, this letter states that I have been found ineligible and the CBP is recinding their tentative offer, due to concerns that arose in my background investigation.

The said concerns are due to my admittance of using illegal narcotics in my past, in addition to me recently missing 3 mortgage payments on my east coast property:

As far as the narcotics, I used them twice. I was even able to supply the dates, and it was more than 13 years ago. Since, I've completed many years of active duty military, earned 2 college degrees, earned an ordination as a minister/clergy, worked in federal l/e to complete numerous solid narco cases in addition to much more.

The property was recently trashed by my renters and we are not able to pump funds into it to repair and/or able to sell. Therefroe, before we even fell into default with the bank, we contacted and arranged a short sale plan with that very bank. We even depleted our entire savings account in an attempt to keep up the mortgage until the bank was on board with this plan. Other than that, my credit is amazing.

Here is the help that I need from you folks. I fully plan to contest this recent decision. But before I do so, I am attempting to better understand some things. I was under the understanding that minimal prior drug use was not necessarily grounds for dismisal. It appeared to be this way, especially since they knew about it from my admittance in my polygraph AND in meeting my BI when I clearly explained it all to him. The BI expained to me (back in Dec/Jan) that this is usually not a reason for dismisal.

In your experience and/or knowledge, did I recently recieve this dismisal letter merely because of my rental property (it only recently went into default...May-Jul) in cinjuction with my drug use of years ago? Or is it standard to dismis an applicant due to ANY drug use? What are your thoughts on this issue?

And to thwart any replies of condemnation...yes, I obviously regret having made those poor choices in my past. I am obviously ashamed of it, and have never had any plans of doing it again (13 years ago). I also have worked dilligently with troubled teens to combat this issue in our local area as well. So if you feel the need to tell me about how I shouldn't minimalize my mistakes, and need to own them, thanks...but I've already got that message under full advisement. As for anyone else, able to offer guidance...PLEASE and THANK YOU.
                CBPO
                Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by jjjustice007 View Post

I was born outside of the country as well and have family outside of the country, so it takes forever with me too. That being said, I've held multiple federal clearances in the past. I understand why they must look so closely at everyone, and it's a little more difficult and time consuming to clear someone who lived in another country. However, as long as you are clean, you will be good to go, it will just take a little bit longer than most.

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                    I was born outside of the country as well and have family outside of the country, so it takes forever with me too. That being said, I've held multiple federal clearances in the past. I understand why they must look so closely at everyone, and it's a little more difficult and time consuming to clear someone who lived in another country. However, as long as you are clean, you will be good to go, it will just take a little bit longer than most.
                    Why did I have to be born in Brazil lol My grandfather was in the military there and my grandma worked for the Brazilian federal government. Should that make my BI take even longer? Man, I'm hoping this will go by as quick as possible.
                    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                      Okay, Gang, I need some help.

I've been in process a while now. THought I was all done, until I received a new letter via certified mail. Bare in mind, I already received confirmation that I passed my Polygraph, this past December. Also, bare in mind that I have been working in federal L/E for many years and am currently a 083 federal police officer. However, this letter states that I have been found ineligible and the CBP is recinding their tentative offer, due to concerns that arose in my background investigation.

The said concerns are due to my admittance of using illegal narcotics in my past, in addition to me recently missing 3 mortgage payments on my east coast property:

As far as the narcotics, I used them twice. I was even able to supply the dates, and it was more than 13 years ago. Since, I've completed many years of active duty military, earned 2 college degrees, earned an ordination as a minister/clergy, worked in federal l/e to complete numerous solid narco cases in addition to much more.

The property was recently trashed by my renters and we are not able to pump funds into it to repair and/or able to sell. Therefroe, before we even fell into default with the bank, we contacted and arranged a short sale plan with that very bank. We even depleted our entire savings account in an attempt to keep up the mortgage until the bank was on board with this plan. Other than that, my credit is amazing.

Here is the help that I need from you folks. I fully plan to contest this recent decision. But before I do so, I am attempting to better understand some things. I was under the understanding that minimal prior drug use was not necessarily grounds for dismisal. It appeared to be this way, especially since they knew about it from my admittance in my polygraph AND in meeting my BI when I clearly explained it all to him. The BI expained to me (back in Dec/Jan) that this is usually not a reason for dismisal.

In your experience and/or knowledge, did I recently recieve this dismisal letter merely because of my rental property (it only recently went into default...May-Jul) in cinjuction with my drug use of years ago? Or is it standard to dismis an applicant due to ANY drug use? What are your thoughts on this issue?

And to thwart any replies of condemnation...yes, I obviously regret having made those poor choices in my past. I am obviously ashamed of it, and have never had any plans of doing it again (13 years ago). I also have worked dilligently with troubled teens to combat this issue in our local area as well. So if you feel the need to tell me about how I shouldn't minimalize my mistakes, and need to own them, thanks...but I've already got that message under full advisement. As for anyone else, able to offer guidance...PLEASE and THANK YOU.
                      I believe that if your drug use was anything harder than MJ it would be a DQ factor, a few missed payments not so sure...
                      Are you sure it's a letter rescinding your application, or a letter stating that you can contest these factors? Usually a NOPA (Notice Of Proposed Action) is served giving you the opportunity to state the facts and fight back. I'd say go ahead and fight it, call IA and make your case.

Best of Luck!
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Beau405 View Post
                        What you have listed here is going to be an issue you will have to thoroughly explain when going through any federal hiring process. With all of the international family, travel and residential situations you are going to blow up the E-QIP when it comes time to submit it for a security clearance. I'm not saying this will keep you from getting a clearance, I have heard of people with dual citizenship get a TS, but it will significantly increase the amount of time it takes to complete your BI! I see you are in the MPD process as well. This is a squared away agency that pays well and should not focus as much on your past in regards to international ties.

Goodluck!
                        Thank you for your answer. I've completed the process for MPD, I'm just waiting for the final review of my jacket and "the call". I have gone through three BIs. there for internal reasons outisde of my control, the last of which got assigned my file Friday.

I understand why CBP has to do thorough investigations on new hires given the numerous issues that have arisen with with officer corruption. I will take it one day at a time.

Thank you again
                        CBPO Timeline

Test – 5/31/2012
                        NOR – 6/14/2012 (89 w/out vet pref)
                        TSL1 - 6/18/2012
                        Pre-Employment Forms - 6/28/2012
                        PFT1 - 7/16/2012
                        Medical - 8/3/2012
                        VBT/Structured Interview - 8/6/2012

MPD Timeline

Application-11/3/2011
                        Test-12/05/2011
                        PHS-12/13/2011
                        Mass Processing/PAT-3/10/2012
                        Medical-4/21/2012
                        Poly- 5/23/2012
                        Psych- 5/29/2012
                        Final Review - 8/5/12
                        Academy: November-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                          Why did I have to be born in Brazil lol My grandfather was in the military there and my grandma worked for the Brazilian federal government. Should that make my BI take even longer? Man, I'm hoping this will go by as quick as possible.
                          Haha I know man, but I think you should still be able to be hired before it clears, since everyone is talking about if you pass your poly you can get hired before.

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                            Haha I know man, but I think you should still be able to be hired before it clears, since everyone is talking about if you pass your poly you can get hired before.
                            haha..i am like the opposite. I had a background cleared and IA says they see it cleared back in November but it states that i am pending a poly...lol

Comment

• If my background was "fowarded to IA" does that mean background is finished?
                              tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                              NOR-11/11
                              TSL- 11/17/11
                              pft1- 12/8/11
                              Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                              Qual- completed 3/12
                              Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                              S I-completed 3/12
                              Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                              Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                              Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                              Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                              new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                                If my background was "fowarded to IA" does that mean background is finished?
                                Don't think so, I emailed someone from MHC when some of my forms had a black line through them, when they were resent, MHC confirmed that they were okay and then told me that they were forwarded to Internal Affairs, so I think that means that it's either being started, or is in a holding pattern sitting in a pile on a desk somewhere. For what it's worth, back in May IA told me to basically expect at least a year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9892 users online. 509 members and 9383 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X