Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a feeling i will be with Nashville pd before i get anymore green checks. Its too bad because my bi was cleared in november and now i have to wait for a polygraph. I just passed the police departments poly by the way. They do the cvsa.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
      Thanks thats what I thought also but a friend of mine had told me that after graduating you moved up a grade level. I dont know where he heard that.
      Border Patrol?

They have an accelerated promotion plan that promotes roughly after the first 6 months.

Comment

• Pay scale progression...

Assuming no future changes , the normal progression each year would be...

05/01
        07/01
        09/01
        11/01
        12/01
        12/02
        12/03
        12/04
        12/04
        12/05
        12/05
        12/06
        12/06
        12/07
        12/07
        12/07
        12/08
        12/08
        12/08
        12/09
        12/09
        12/09
        12/10

With 12/10 being the salary for each year additional.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
          Did you already met with your investigator
          Nope, you?
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• I got all green but my BI, met investigator in march, how long u guys think I still have to wait?

Got my TO in 9/11

Comment

• lots of powerpoints and computer courses. shadowing other officers in primary,secondary,cargo and immigration. all done now off to the big show in glenco,ga!
              CBPO

Comment

• Ok I have a question. On usa jobs.gov it says that they they are accepting applications for cbpo up until august 15. Now my question is, once august 15 comes around, does that mean that they will not hire anymore people for cbpo? Will people who are already in the process have to wait even longer to get hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                  Ok I have a question. On usa jobs.gov it says that they they are accepting applications for cbpo up until august 15. Now my question is, once august 15 comes around, does that mean that they will not hire anymore people for cbpo? Will people who are already in the process have to wait even longer to get hired?
                  Unless they extend it after August 15th they will no longer be an opening to take the exam. Closing of the offer on 8/15 does not mean that hiring stops. People in the process keep moving and people waiting in tsu will continue to wait until a spot opens up for them. That could be tomorrow or 12 months from now. One has nothing to do with the other

Edited: That sounded a little more harsh then I expected sorry.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I EOD to Calexico, CA on July 30. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can stay for the month at pre-academy? Also, I need to rent a car. I'm thinking it would be cheaper for me to fly into Yuma, AZ and rent the car and drive to Calexico.

Also, does anyone know after pre-academy, if they would allow you to fly/go back home in order to pack for what is ahead in FLETC, GA? Or do they send you to GA right after pre-academy?

I'm confused. Any help, thank you.

Comment

• Hey guys so i was wondering, lets say you get a good ways through the hiring process and you have a some sort of a life event that requires you to change your geo preference, what happens? Do you start all over with the hiring process or does it all carry over?

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
                        Hey guys so i was wondering, lets say you get a good ways through the hiring process and you have a some sort of a life event that requires you to change your geo preference, what happens? Do you start all over with the hiring process or does it all carry over?
                        You will have to re-apply when there's an open period, as there's one now, that has the geo pref you want. Then you'll wait for that TO/TSL to get to you... once you get your TO/TSL everything transfers over to that one, although you will lose your certificate date to the new one placing further down the line.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          You will have to re-apply when there's an open period, as there's one now, that has the geo pref you want. Then you'll wait for that TO/TSL to get to you... once you get your TO/TSL everything transfers over to that one, although you will lose your certificate date to the new one placing further down the line.
                          Thanks yoda

Comment

• Originally posted by GettingFED View Post
                            I EOD to Calexico, CA on July 30. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can stay for the month at pre-academy? Also, I need to rent a car. I'm thinking it would be cheaper for me to fly into Yuma, AZ and rent the car and drive to Calexico.

Also, does anyone know after pre-academy, if they would allow you to fly/go back home in order to pack for what is ahead in FLETC, GA? Or do they send you to GA right after pre-academy?

I'm confused. Any help, thank you.
                            They will send you to FLETC from pre-academy. However, you can try to make arrangements with your port, depending on what day your academy starts, to take leave before you go. If you are new to federal service you won't have much accumulated by then, but you may be able to convince them to give you some advance leave. I would reach out to the point of contact that you are given for your port and try to find out something before you head out so that you take what you need with you to CA if necessary (especially if you are coming from somewhere that is nowhere near where you are going to be stationed). Same deal for post-academy, the plan is to send you directly from FLETC to your port but you can request to take leave in between and it will be up to your port to decide if they will approve it.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                              preacademy is usually 4 weeks, some shorter some little longer, and academy is 20 weeks long(not 3.5 mo.), without the additional 6 weeks of spanish.
                              My apologies, I thought the academy was 16 weeks.

Comment

• This is for you urbancommando....
                                "meathead question for those that have been to the academy, I am an avid workout nut and I am wondering if there is a weight room on academy that we can use during FLETC or is there a 24-hour fitness close by?"

There is a physical techniques building (a gym, if you will) with some adjoining trailers with weight equipment (both free weights and machines) cardio equipment, and there is also a swimming pool. However they are not open 24 hours. The gym is open until 9 (if I remember right) during the week, closes earlier on weekends and holidays. There is an Anytime Fitness not too far from FLETC if you have a vehicle to drive there. I would recommend making use of what they give you for free and use the gym on base. You will need some of your after-class time to study and I recommend taking some free time to hang out with your classmates and just relax. There is also an outdoor running track and some running trails that you can use anytime if you are a runner, some even have workout stations where you can do pullups and dips. Hope that helps.
                                Last edited by wmu2003; 07-21-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5162 users online. 318 members and 4844 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X