300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
    Drifting, care to share a few details about your BI, it seems to be taking quite a while..........I played soccer in college with two foreign nationals, have lived in over 10 places in the last ten years and have had over 10 jobs in the last ten years plus I've traveled quite a bit outside the country so I'm expecting mine to take at least a year to clear. Wondering if those of you who have a SWB geo and have been waiting quite a long time are in a similar situation.
    I've traveled foreign quite a bit, lived in a few states, am a former CBP employee, have ties with a church in Latin America, had an alien (from a VWP EU country) girlfriend prior to and at the beginning of my investigation, and to top it off, the Marine Corps does not have my service record even close to correct. See why I'm "drifting"?
    Gek.

Comment

Drifting, care to share a few details about your BI, it seems to be taking quite a while..........I played soccer in college with two foreign nationals, have lived in over 10 places in the last ten years and have had over 10 jobs in the last ten years plus I've traveled quite a bit outside the country so I'm expecting mine to take at least a year to clear. Wondering if those of you who have a SWB geo and have been waiting quite a long time are in a similar situation.
      Not only the bi but the fact that you picked the northeast geo is also going to dictate how long it takes for you to receive "the call". Typically, if you dont pick the southwest geo, your gonna be waiting quite a while. I picked the southwest geo and from the time I took my written test to the time I got "the call" it took 1 year and 7 months.
      Last edited by cowboys rule; 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
        Not only the bi but the fact that you picked the northeast geo is also going to dictate how long it takes for you to receive "the call". Typically, if you didnt pick the southwest geo, your gonna be waiting a while more. I picked the southwest geo and from the time I took my written test to the time I got "the call" it took 1 year and 7 months.
        How long did it take from your TO to the call? I was reading up on some CBP info and they say that if there are no "issues" that arise then your BI (from the time of sending the Eqip to the green check in CASS) should take 4-6 months. If issues arise then it will take up to a year. If my calculations are right I should get the call by August. Then again I don't wanna get my hopes up.
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
          How long did it take from your TO to the call? I was reading up on some CBP info and they say that if there are no "issues" that arise then your BI (from the time of sending the Eqip to the green check in CASS) should take 4-6 months. If issues arise then it will take up to a year. If my calculations are right I should get the call by August. Then again I don't wanna get my hopes up.
          From my TO to the call, it took 1 year and 3 months. I dont remember exactly when I sent in my eqip. I do know that I received my eqip forms on june 1, 2011 and they were due on june 11, 2011.

Comment

Did you already met with your investigator

Comment

Did you already met with your investigator

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                Do I have the senior TO for SWBesque types here? May something or other 2011 or how many ever it says below. I'm actually glad to be enjoying this summer at home. G-d is good to me for some reason.
                Ya drifting you got me beat. I think I may be the closest to you. Last year I had these crazy ideas that by last December I'd be in what was I thinking? Haha it's nice to have the summer it is, but I'd love to get the call next week.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                  Aren't we all...lol. my tuesday and thursday mornings are now disappointing
                  Ya i always say that Monday and Wednesday night are filled with hope only to wake up to Tuesday and Thursday morning disappointment.
                  List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                    That would be awesome!
                    Weekend warrior and pointman8 that definetly would be awesome!
                    List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Well dang, I guess I've been spoiled by how quickly the process has been moving. I'm about to hit the BI delay apparently.
                      Geo: SWB
                      Test: 6/23/12
                      NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
                      TSL1: 7/13/12
                      TSL2: 7/17/12
                      E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
                      Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
                      VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
                      Drug Test:
                      B.I.:
                      Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
                      Polygraph: 10/30/2012
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                        You go up a grade level 1 year after your EOD. So let's say you do your month at your port, then your academy which is around 3.5 months long, and then if you don't know Spanish you will go learn it in South Carolina which is another 1.5 months. That being said, by the time you actually get to your station after your academy training you will already have about 6 months of seniority, so in another 6 months you will go up a grade.

Hope that makes sense!
                        preacademy is usually 4 weeks, some shorter some little longer, and academy is 20 weeks long(not 3.5 mo.), without the additional 6 weeks of spanish.
                        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                          preacademy is usually 4 weeks, some shorter some little longer, and academy is 20 weeks long(not 3.5 mo.), without the additional 6 weeks of spanish.
                          What have you been doing in pre academy so far?

Comment

• Still nada on my BI :cry:

Comment

180degrees, I can tell you my BI hold up is probably from my wife being born in Columbia(adopted and raised in NY as an infant), the small army of family that I have in Argentina and the fact that I have traveled to several different countries. I met my investigator sometime at the end of July last year. I was also told that around the time my BI was sent to IA (late 8/2011 to early 09/2011)an order came down stating that certain backgrounds be worked/completed first and mine was not one of them. So to me that sounds like mine was set aside for an undisclosed amount of time. Those BI's being fast tracked were probably applicants that were given interim clearances. When I called IA in 10/2011 they stated I had at least been assigned to an adjudicator and that not many have even gotten that far. Again though that hasn't done much for me since almost 10 months after that I'm still here.
                              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
                                Well dang, I guess I've been spoiled by how quickly the process has been moving. I'm about to hit the BI delay apparently.
                                Ya sorry man, but it usually moves real quick until you hit the BI. If your lucky and have an easy background it could go quick. Most likely though it will take a few months at least. Just keep working out and try not to drive yourself crazy checking CASS lol.
                                List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9507 users online. 476 members and 9031 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X