300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sust0501 View Post
    Nice! No...I am guessing they will tell me more after I take and pass the pft2. Speaking of the pft2: I run quite a bit ( I recently ran a half marathon) but I have never tested myself on the 220 yard run. I think I should just to see what my time will be. Do you know off hand how I could measure the distance? I use the nike running app on my iphone to run but it doesn't measure in yards! haha
    Oh ok hopefully you get freedom bridge cause thats the busiest and biggest one in el paso. It might not be the biggest one for long because they are currently constructing a bridge in fabens and its supposed to be one of the biggest in the nation**and it should be completed in the summer of 2013. So i expect there to be a lot of fabens job offers haha. 220 yards is only half a lap on a track. So go to a local high school and just run half a lap.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
      Oh ok hopefully you get freedom bridge cause thats the busiest and biggest one in el paso. It might not be the biggest one for long because they are currently constructing a bridge in fabens and its supposed to be one of the biggest in the nation**and it should be completed in the summer of 2013. So i expect there to be a lot of fabens job offers haha. 220 yards is only half a lap on a track. So go to a local high school and just run half a lap.
      I read about that... that will be nice working at a newly constructed POE. Thanks for the advice! I will have to check out my time! I just got the email saying my pft2 is Aug 15 in Minneapolis.

Comment

• Is it true that you go up a grade level shortly after graduating the academy, ex: gs5 to gs7?

Comment

I read about that... that will be nice working at a newly constructed POE. Thanks for the advice! I will have to check out my time! I just got the email saying my pft2 is Aug 15 in Minneapolis.
          Are you planning on staying in Fabens or El Paso? Do you know where other CBPO Trainees have stayed? I found a pretty cheap ticket ($160 with 2 checked bags)... I imagine hotels give you a discount if you stay for a month!

Comment

Are you planning on staying in Fabens or El Paso? Do you know where other CBPO Trainees have stayed? I found a pretty cheap ticket ($160 with 2 checked bags)... I imagine hotels give you a discount if you stay for a month!
            Well i live in el paso so ill be staying at home lol until i leave to the academy on sept 26.

Comment

Well i live in el paso so ill be staying at home lol until i leave to the academy on sept 26.
              Ah - that will be nice for you all around! You probably don't even have to move.

Comment

Ah - that will be nice for you all around! You probably don't even have to move.
                Not at all. If i move it will be to buy a house. But not for a few years. Thats why i jumped on the fabens offer.

Comment

Is it true that you go up a grade level shortly after graduating the academy, ex: gs5 to gs7?
                  You go up a grade level 1 year after your EOD. So let's say you do your month at your port, then your academy which is around 3.5 months long, and then if you don't know Spanish you will go learn it in South Carolina which is another 1.5 months. That being said, by the time you actually get to your station after your academy training you will already have about 6 months of seniority, so in another 6 months you will go up a grade.

Hope that makes sense!

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                    You go up a grade level 1 year after your EOD. So let's say you do your month at your port, then your academy which is around 3.5 months long, and then if you don't know Spanish you will go learn it in South Carolina which is another 1.5 months. That being said, by the time you actually get to your station after your academy training you will already have about 6 months of seniority, so in another 6 months you will go up a grade.

Hope that makes sense!
                    Thanks thats what I thought also but a friend of mine had told me that after graduating you moved up a grade level. I dont know where he heard that.

Comment

Thanks! I chose El Paso because it is a larger city than the others that were offered. I am a 29 year old single female... I wouldn't fare so well in a town like Columbus or Presidio. Also, I have family in Mission,Texas so being 10 hours away is better than where I am now (the Midwest). And, I have read that there is a nice amount of overtime available at the POE in El Paso, which will be nice because I like to stay busy and active. I also feel that there could be more opportunity to learn a variety of duties at a larger POE too.

Oh, I see. It makes sense. I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Lucky you! Good luck with everything :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                          Still waiting on that little green check next to BI here. I got my TO 6/14/11
                          Aren't we all...lol. my tuesday and thursday mornings are now disappointing

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                            Me too!!! It'll be nice to meet guys like Iamwolf, Rms16 and CTM.
                            Honestly it would be pretty kickass if all of us from the forum went to FLETC the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
                              Honestly it would be pretty kickass if all of us from the forum went to FLETC the same time.
                              That would be awesome!
                              Geo:SWB
                              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                              TSU: 3/28/13
                              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                                Do I have the senior TO for SWBesque types here? May something or other 2011 or how many ever it says below. I'm actually glad to be enjoying this summer at home. G-d is good to me for some reason.
                                Drifting, care to share a few details about your BI, it seems to be taking quite a while..........I played soccer in college with two foreign nationals, have lived in over 10 places in the last ten years and have had over 10 jobs in the last ten years plus I've traveled quite a bit outside the country so I'm expecting mine to take at least a year to clear. Wondering if those of you who have a SWB geo and have been waiting quite a long time are in a similar situation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4509 users online. 289 members and 4220 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X