Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meathead question for those that have been to the academy, I am an avid workout nut and I am wondering if there is a weight room on academy that we can use during FLETC or is there a 24-hour fitness close by?

Comment

• Does anyone know if PTSD is a disqualifying condition if it's non-combat related & is no longer an issue? Thanks.

Comment

• I'm 2010 test taker. Did the whole process and was EOD'd in 12/2011 for SWB Nogales, AZ, turned CBPO down for another government gig local to me (unfortunately...CBP is sooo much better). So....I reapplied early 2012 (used my 2010 score), got my NOR 4/2/2012 and now I am waiting and hoping to get a second chance at this. Whats my chance to get my heart pumpin again? My buddy at FLETC has one more week left at the academy and this is something I should have done ages ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          Congratulations Harry and Cowboys rule(even though you're way off with your screen name cowboy...BIG BLUE ALL DAY!! haha)! I know you two will be busy, but if you could post your timeline? Thanks!
          Geo: Laredo, Texas
          Cbpo exam:12/10 score 95 no vet points
          TSI: ?
          Qual: GS 7
          Medical: 07/20/11
          VBT/SI: 08/10/11
          Poly: 03/26/12
          Drug test: 06/13/12
          Pft1: 07/20/11
          Background: cleared 06/26/12
          The Call: 07/18/12

Pft2: ?
          EOD: 08/27/12
          Academy: 09/26/12-02/08/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
            Rms16, are you planning to call IA again? I see people receiving call w/o PFT2 or w/o Poly and we are still in the waiting room . If you get any additional info, please let me know since we almost have the same timeline
            Thank you.
            Last time I called they suggested I call the following week, which I did and couldn't reach them. I then went on vacation, I called when I got back and I think I missed the call. I did send an email to MHC trying to find out when my medical and fitness cleared, when they responded they also informed me of an email for the MHC equip department. They may request that and inquiry be sent to IA. So I emailed them and they basically said its still open and being worked on. I will be contacted if IA needs anything else. I did all that and am non the wiser. So I suggest just leave it be. It's frustrating, but out of our hands. Just got to sit wait and be patient our time will come. Hopefully sooner rather then later.
            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
            Score:9X.XX%
            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry View Post
              Geo: Laredo, Texas
              Cbpo exam:12/10 score 95 no vet points
              TSI: ?
              Qual: GS 7
              Medical: 07/20/11
              VBT/SI: 08/10/11
              Poly: 03/26/12
              Drug test: 06/13/12
              Pft1: 07/20/11
              Background: cleared 06/26/12
              The Call: 07/18/12

Pft2: ?
              EOD: 08/27/12
              Academy: 09/26/12-02/08/13
              Thanks Harry and Cowboy for posting your time lines. Wow Harry our time lines are kind of similar. I wish that signaled something for me, but I'm sure it doesn't haha. I can hope though haha.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                samething happened to me when i went to that run-down clinic and their eye chart was a bunch of post-it notes and i told the guy to hold it so it wouldn't waive in the hallway cross breeze. I paid top dollar for my LASIK and when he told me i was 20/25 i laughed and said i think you read it wrong, he ended up writing 20/20 although i am 20/15 & partially 20/10 (because i can read some letters) not to mention i was at the eye doctor the day before for my follow-up.
                Haha.. Yeah just had my medical today and the nurse lost my chart temporarily.... she ended up finding it but man... I am definitely going to ask to look at my chart when i go back in to get my Mantoux (TB) test read on Friday
                Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Hello everyone... just wondering what the PEB requirements are for CBPO to pass the academy? Thank you....

Comment

• Drug Test cleared today in CASS

Comment

• Originally posted by Angie25 View Post
                      Does anyone know if PTSD is a disqualifying condition if it's non-combat related & is no longer an issue? Thanks.
                      I don't think anyone on here knows. I asked a similar question as was made fun of. Just give it a shot. If your ok now I see no reason to disquailify you. Sorry you had ptsd..glad you ok now. Good luck!

Comment

• Has anyone ever taken their poly after their drug test?
                        Geo:SWB
                        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                        TSU: 3/28/13
                        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                          Shark,

you don't get scheduled for PFT2 until after you receive "the call" with your EOD date and academy dates. The email you with the date for PFT2. If you do not pass, you do not go to your port for EOD. Thats why you dont see any PFT2 dates for anyone.
                          Thank you, I though that I will receive separate calls. sorry for the question.
                          CBPO Exam:12/10
                          TSl: 5/11
                          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                          Met BI:1/12
                          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                          Qual:cleared 3/12
                          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Last time I called they suggested I call the following week, which I did and couldn't reach them. I then went on vacation, I called when I got back and I think I missed the call. I did send an email to MHC trying to find out when my medical and fitness cleared, when they responded they also informed me of an email for the MHC equip department. They may request that and inquiry be sent to IA. So I emailed them and they basically said its still open and being worked on. I will be contacted if IA needs anything else. I did all that and am non the wiser. So I suggest just leave it be. It's frustrating, but out of our hands. Just got to sit wait and be patient our time will come. Hopefully sooner rather then later.
                            Thank you RMS16! I'll wait
                            CBPO Exam:12/10
                            TSl: 5/11
                            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                            Met BI:1/12
                            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                            Qual:cleared 3/12
                            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• Thanks. I do take wellbutrin still but it is mainly because I have been on it for so long & I enjoy the weight gain suppression side effects. I was not sure if I needed to stop taking it to be medically qualified either or if it would look bad with my history of PTSD. I just took the test & I don't want to get my hopes up too high for the job if it's going to be a deal-breaker or be taking off too much time from my current job to complete the application process for nothing. But that being said I really hope it is evaluated on a case by case basis or that at least they can give a current psych eval to clear applicants, because I really do want to do this.

Comment

• received the email for my pft2. August 10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2773 users online. 125 members and 2648 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X