Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called IA and asked if my BI would transfer over since I had one completed in Nov 2011. He said it should but it stated I am pending a poly. He does not know when they will call me for one. Sure wish they would hurry.

Comment

• Anyone get an NOR for the West Coast Region?

Comment

• FYI someone was hired for JFK this monday and was a DEC 2010 tester. I believe he scored 100 on the test and was a current Fed employee.
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
          FYI someone was hired for JFK this monday and was a DEC 2010 tester. I believe he scored 100 on the test and was a current Fed employee.
          Uggh, must have had a simple background investigation or already had one cleared for border patrol. Seems like I'll be waiting forever, I have yet to be contacted by a background investigator which is a shame. When I had my VBT/SI down in Boston, one of the CBP employees there told me that they are severely short staffed and are bleeding officers at a rapid rate due to deferred retirements.

Comment

• Good luck guys, if you have any questions about the job, I will be happy to answer.

Comment

• Lol I went today to get my second eye test since they told me that the nurse that did mine for the medical put that I failed the qualifications. The nurse didn't have a clue about what she was doing and you could tell that she was new and never did it before because she kept asking others for help. Anyway, I went to an Optometrist today and I actually have 20/15 vision, which he said is rare to have better than 20/20, and he did the hardest test he could for the depth perception and I scored perfect. Moral of the story, you should check what the nurses write on your medical before they send it in for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                Lol I went today to get my second eye test since they told me that the nurse that did mine for the medical put that I failed the qualifications. The nurse didn't have a clue about what she was doing and you could tell that she was new and never did it before because she kept asking others for help. Anyway, I went to an Optometrist today and I actually have 20/15 vision, which he said is rare to have better than 20/20, and he did the hardest test he could for the depth perception and I scored perfect. Moral of the story, you should check what the nurses write on your medical before they send it in for you!
                samething happened to me when i went to that run-down clinic and their eye chart was a bunch of post-it notes and i told the guy to hold it so it wouldn't waive in the hallway cross breeze. I paid top dollar for my LASIK and when he told me i was 20/25 i laughed and said i think you read it wrong, he ended up writing 20/20 although i am 20/15 & partially 20/10 (because i can read some letters) not to mention i was at the eye doctor the day before for my follow-up.
                CBPO
                App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                  Congratulations Harry and Cowboys rule(even though you're way off with your screen name cowboy...BIG BLUE ALL DAY!! haha)! I know you two will be busy, but if you could post your timeline? Thanks!
                  Geo: west texas /new mexico
                  Cbpo exam:12/10 score 89
                  TSI: 04/01/11
                  Qual: gs5
                  Medical: 05/13/11
                  VBT/SI: 06/01/11
                  Poly: 08/01/11
                  Drug test: 08/04/11
                  Pft1: 08/16/11
                  Background: cleared 06/26/12
                  TSU: 07/13/12
                  The Call: 07/18/12

Pft2: ?
                  EOD: 08/27/12
                  Academy: 09/26/12-02/08/13
                  Last edited by cowboys rule; 07-18-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• if you go in as a gs5, at what step do you start in within that gs5 grade level? Does my question make sense? I had a hard time wording it. can anyone help?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                      if you go in as a gs5, at what step do you start in within that gs5 grade level? Does my question make sense? I had a hard time wording it. can anyone help?
                      GS 5 Step 1.
                      Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                        GS 5 Step 1.
                        ok and that is about $31,200 a year right?

Comment

• Medical 07/31/12
                          BPA
                          Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                          TSU: 01/03/13
                          The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                          Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                          Written Test: 04/19/12
                          NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                          TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                          Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                          PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                          Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                          VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                          Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                          Background Investigation: Completed
                          Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                          BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                          TSU: 12/27/12
                          The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                            ok and that is about $31,200 a year right?
                            that is correct. i leave monday for FLETC as a gs5-1 little over $32,000 but we will move up a pay grade every year.
                            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                              that is correct. i leave monday for FLETC as a gs5-1 little over $32,000 but we will move up a pay grade every year.
                              so what do you do during pre academy at your station?
                              Last edited by cowboys rule; 07-18-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know what you do during pre-academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13500 users online. 465 members and 13035 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X