Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just about anything can influence your BI, including having aliens in you family.
    Friends, jobs, residencies, family, etc. all come into play, along with your criminal record and credit.

10 months is chicken feed compared to some who've gone through the process. You well might be hanging in there for upwards of 3 years...or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
      Can someone answer this question? Could a BI take longer to clear due to the fact that I'm the only member of my family who is an American Citizen? The rest of my family are all legal with green cards and they haven't become citizens mostly because of financial reasons or stupidity like they'll do it whenever they get to it. I don't have a large family in USA it's about 15 family members, Also I'm petitioning for my mother to come and live with me to the states. The reason I ask is because I'm going on 10 months since I tested on NOV 2007 and I still haven't clear BI. I have a clean record, my credit is good, and I've been living in my house since 1996. So I was wondering if some of those factors come into play when it comes to Federal BI.
      I would think that would be a major factor. When my BI talked with me, my references, and my family one of the questions she asked the most was if I knew anyone that lived in another country or if I had ties with anyone in another country. From my understanding they want to know if anyone (in a different country) can hold ransom against you,threaten you,etc. So I would imagine if most of your family/friends live in Mexico they would have to check everyone out with a fine toothed comb.

Comment

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
        So are we still getting double time for OT?
        OT= base pay x 2
        Eve.diff.= base pay x 1.15
        Night diff.= base pay x 1.20
        Sun. diff.= base pay x 1.50
        Holiday pay= 8 hours of base pay

To revisit your OT cap question, most ports and most officers do not have the opportunity to cap out. That's not to say YOU won't, but don't count on it.

Comment

• I was told the background check can take 6 months to 1 yr from the time the security office recieves the paperwork. My paperwork has been in the security office for 2 months and I have not heard from an investigator.

I cleared all the other criteria. I just recieved a letter that I qualified as a GS 7 after they reviewed my work history and experience.

I am concerned about the background check because my home went into foreclosure and my wife and I are in the process of filing chapter 7 bankruptsy.

Does anyone know if this will prevent me from obtaining a a position as a CBP officer?

Comment

• Finally got approved on here. I tested back in late July, got my score in early August, which was 104 with 10pts veterans preference. My geo preference is for Maine (even though I am from Florida), but I have yet to hear anything from them. I am hoping that when the new fiscal year starts in October that some positions will be funded up there.

The only thing I am worried about taking a while is my BI. I lived in Germany for two years while in the Air Force, so I am thinking that will take some time to get in touch with people over there. Oh, and I will probably have to get Lasik but we will see how things go with the medical. I am used to this waiting game though, hurry up and wait is all it is!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              OT= base pay x 2

To revisit your OT cap question, most ports and most officers do not have the opportunity to cap out. That's not to say YOU won't, but don't count on it.
              Do you get paid every two weeks or every week. Also if anyone knows, what are the normal pay checks for a first year gs 5?? (based off my base pay it will be about 600 a week before taxes, but i imagine it is higher than that with the ot, eve,night, sun diff.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                Do you get paid every two weeks or every week. Also if anyone knows, what are the normal pay checks for a first year gs 5?? (based off my base pay it will be about 600 a week before taxes, but i imagine it is higher than that with the ot, eve,night, sun diff.)
                Paychecks come every two weeks. As far a gs-05 net pay goes, that'll all depend on your location, your deductions, and what you'll see for diffs and OT.

Comment

• I have news people! Remember how I've been just waiting and waiting for the adjudicator to make my final decision for the last couple of weeks ( Since July 29th to be exact)? After the lady that suppose to go over my files has been telling me since then that she made her determination and that she turned my files over to her superior to make his/her final determination and that it has not been an update with it since she turned it over? Comes to find out today after I ask to speak with her supervisor, she told me that she never did make her final determination and she never told me she did. She still had my files there and that she sent me a letter of response about my credit and that I RELIED back to it. I told her I never received such a thing and she pulled out my files and we went over my debt. She told me you cannot pass $5,000 in old debt (meaning closed accounts). I was close by the mark. She told me she will pull up my credit report again to see the progress and give me a call back. She told me that my debt was cut in half from the amount she got before, which is good. She said now she has to review the notes from the BI and go from there. Funny enough I have credit monitoring and I receive alerts with changes on my report and I have not received an alert about my credit being pulled but im going to give it 24 hours to see if i receive it. So basically my files has been sitting up there since June. It sat there for a month before I have to call her and then she went and got my files. Now she gave me the run around and she still has it. IF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING MORE THAN TWO MONTHS FOR YOUR BI TO CLEAR AND ITS AT INTERNAL AFFAIRS, YOU GUYS NEED TO GET ON THE BALL AND HANDLE IT! SOME OF THE ADJUDICATORS ARE SLACKERS! STAY ON TOP OF THINGS! THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HAVE TO KEEP CALLING IA BUGGING THEM CAUSE SITUATIONS LIKE THIS! AT THE RATE HOW THE PROCESS IS GOING, IT SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN THE MAX TWO MONTHS, IF THAT MUCH!

Comment

• Hey everyone I'm new to the post and I just have a couple questions. I applied for a CBPO position on 8/4/08. I got my NOR about two weeks later and received an 88 (no vet) on my test. I was wondering if this score is high enough to receive a TO my GEO is NJ. And if anyone else is any further along in the process that also has a GEO in NJ. Thanks for any info this forum is extremely helpful.

Comment

• A bit off topic but utterly important, well to me anyways. Does anyone know anything medical waivers for the hearing portion of the medical test? I have a hearing loss and want to have my ducks in a row if I need a waiver or qualify for one. Any info on where to find information on waivers, what qualifies and so forth is much appreciated.

Comment

• I'm curious as well. Seeing as they're not accepting applicants anymore, and the extended announcement were for other GEO's, I wonder if my GEO is even hiring or if it's going to wait until sometime next year.
                        Tested 08/01/08
                        NOR: 08/07/08 - Scored: 93 (no vet)
                        GEO Mn. all.
                        Anyone else apply for same GEO and heard anything?
                        CBPO
                        Tested 08/01/08
                        NOR: 08/07/08 - Scored: 93 (no vet)
                        GEO Mn. all.

Comment

• [QUOTE=merlin436;1394198]OT= base pay x 2

What's the hours for evening diffential and for night differential?

Let's say that I'm a GS-7 making $17.64 per hour and I'm working the night shift (12am to 8am), does that mean that I'll be making $21.16 per hour (17.64 x 1.20)?

How much will I'll make then if I work on a Sunday night? What about if I work overtime on Sunday night or any day on the night shift?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                            Here is a link to the Office of Personnel Management website. It has all of the pay grades broken down by area...

http://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/indexGS.asp
                            Three's the charm, right?

Comment

• Hey all, I just wanted to finally post and say thanks to all the posters for answering questions. I've been lurking for most of the year but never had to post b/c most of the questions I had were already asked.

I took the test in Jan 07, scored like 93 or there abouts, but backed out of the process in summer 07 due to life events. I reapplied when they opened the position back up in the last quarter of 07.

Since then it went like this.

TO: January
                              Medical/PT: Early Feb
                              Drug test: Laste Feb
                              Started BI: March
                              Got flagged for a bs problem with my depth perception (their machine said I had almost none, my eye doc's exam said it was perfectly normal.)
                              Medical finally cleared: July
                              BI: Late August
                              GS-7 Application: Late August.

I've since been told that my file is in the scheduling office and I'll be getting a EOD within 30-60 days. It's been 35 days since I got that (give or take a minute). I keep trying to put it out of my mind, but ugh I just want this process to be over already.

So my first question is, do they inform you of your start date via phone or mail? I thought it was via phone but I see someone mentioned about getting a letter.

Just curious, thanks again to all the great info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                                Hey all, I just wanted to finally post and say thanks to all the posters for answering questions. I've been lurking for most of the year but never had to post b/c most of the questions I had were already asked.

I took the test in Jan 07, scored like 93 or there abouts, but backed out of the process in summer 07 due to life events. I reapplied when they opened the position back up in the last quarter of 07.

Since then it went like this.

TO: January
                                Medical/PT: Early Feb
                                Drug test: Laste Feb
                                Started BI: March
                                Got flagged for a bs problem with my depth perception (their machine said I had almost none, my eye doc's exam said it was perfectly normal.)
                                Medical finally cleared: July
                                BI: Late August
                                GS-7 Application: Late August.

I've since been told that my file is in the scheduling office and I'll be getting a EOD within 30-60 days. It's been 35 days since I got that (give or take a minute). I keep trying to put it out of my mind, but ugh I just want this process to be over already.

So my first question is, do they inform you of your start date via phone or mail? I thought it was via phone but I see someone mentioned about getting a letter.

Just curious, thanks again to all the great info.
                                First you get your call and then you get your letter.
                                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4838 users online. 299 members and 4539 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X