300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NavCop22
    Aint going to happen. They are sending all the new hires to the Southwest. I couldnt care less where they sent me. This is a job where I will stay in FOREVER until I either retire or get killed. I would say just keep applying to your local agencies then or to the states LE agencies. You should really consider it because this is a good job and a great way to kick start your career. However, if you are not willing to relocate then I guess just keep looking at your local agencies. Sorry I couldnt help with the CBP site link.
    there are two places I'd rather not relocate to, the south, and the southwest. I think I could deal with the southwest, but the south's humidity just isn't for me. I also would rather not relocate for a fairly low paying position, but I'm starting to think I might have to change my mind about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by igneous
      there are two places I'd rather not relocate to, the south, and the southwest. I think I could deal with the southwest, but the south's humidity just isn't for me. I also would rather not relocate for a fairly low paying position, but I'm starting to think I might have to change my mind about that.

Dont want to sound rude but what in the hell do you mean by low paying???. Dude how much are you making now that you can say CBP pay is low???. If you are a G5 you start making in the upper 30s. I'm confused as hell???.
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Dont want to sound rude but what in the hell do you mean by low paying???. Dude how much are you making now that you can say CBP pay is low???. If you are a G5 you start making in the upper 30s. I'm confused as hell???.
        I can make money in the 30's anywhere with my degree, so its hard to justify moving across the country for that much. It would probably be worth it for the experience though.

Comment

• Originally posted by igneous
          I can make money in the 30's anywhere with my degree, so its hard to justify moving across the country for that much. It would probably be worth it for the experience though.

HA just with a degree and a year of work experience they will start you off at G7 which you start making in the low 40s. You really need to reconsider because this is a great job and it would kick start your career in full drive. With Federal Law Enforcement in your background you would be a good contender for any LE agency you might want to consider applying. Plus with all the OT you get you will probably get a little over what you are suppose to get in the 40s.
          Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

HA just with a degree and a year of work experience they will start you off at G7 which you start making in the low 40s. You really need to reconsider because this is a great job and it would kick start your career in full drive. With Federal Law Enforcement in your background you would be a good contender for any LE agency you might want to consider applying. Plus with all the OT you get you will probably get a little over what you are suppose to get in the 40s.
            Cool, I'll definitely consider it the next time the an announcement comes out. Hopefully that will be pretty soon.

Comment

They are sending all the new hires to the Southwest.
              Im in New York City and I know tons of other people who are being offered positions here as well as New Jersey. For CBPO they hire pretty much everywhere. For Border Patrol you will be looking to stay in the southwest.

I have a question for those who are already in the CBPO position. When you have to stay for OT, must you stay an entire shift, or can you stay for 6 hours or so?

Thank you.

-Dave
              Last edited by karn101; 04-08-2007, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by karn101
                Im in New York City and I know tons of other people who are being offered positions here as well as New Jersey. For CBPO they hire pretty much everywhere. For Border Patrol you will be looking to stay in the southwest.

I have a question for those who are already in the CBPO position. When you have to stay for OT, must you stay an entire shift, or can you stay for 6 hours or so?

Thank you.

-Dave

I'm really confused here???. Isnt CBPO the same thing as Border Patrol??. Customs Border Patrol Officer = CBPO??? I thought it was the samething??. I'm sorry if I sound like a retard about the subject I just thought they were the samething. That would explain why I see some people getting picked for other places other than the SW. I guess that would explain it.

Comment

• No CBPO and BP are not the same. If you are in BP you're a Border patrol Agent. There is a big difference between the two.
                  Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

I'm really confused here???. Isnt CBPO the same thing as Border Patrol??. Customs Border Patrol Officer = CBPO??? I thought it was the samething??. I'm sorry if I sound like a retard about the subject I just thought they were the samething. That would explain why I see some people getting picked for other places other than the SW. I guess that would explain it.
                    CBPO = Customs and Border Protection Officer = works at ports of entry such as land borders, airports and seaports.

BPA = Border Patrol Agent = works along the border, literally. Not at POE's generally, they work "in between" each POE along the land borders.

CBPO's go to FLETC at Glynco, GA. BPA's go to FLETC at Artesia, NM. Both positions are within CBP, but they are two totally different positions, but they have the same goals.

More here: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/home.xml

Comment

• Originally posted by karn101

Thank you.

-Dave
                      I used to date a girl who works for customs and normally if you work o.t. its a double shift so youre lookin at 16 hrs.

Comment

• ice

hey millertime, you work for ICE? was wondering if that is a position you can shoot for out of fletc or do you already have to be a cbpo for a while and then apply? i leave or fletc on may 24th and was curious if you get an opportunity to apply while at the academy.
                        thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj
                          hey millertime, you work for ICE? was wondering if that is a position you can shoot for out of fletc or do you already have to be a cbpo for a while and then apply? i leave or fletc on may 24th and was curious if you get an opportunity to apply while at the academy.
                          thanks
                          Yes I work for ICE. As of now ICE is only hiring entry level GS-5/7 1811's. You must contact your local OI recruiter. DO's are only hired internally within DHS, and the last IEA announcement/testing was last December 2006 I believe. However I hear rumors of another announcement coming soon for IEA. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Miller Time
                            CBPO = Customs and Border Protection Officer = works at ports of entry such as land borders, airports and seaports.

BPA = Border Patrol Agent = works along the border, literally. Not at POE's generally, they work "in between" each POE along the land borders.

CBPO's go to FLETC at Glynco, GA. BPA's go to FLETC at Artesia, NM. Both positions are within CBP, but they are two totally different positions, but they have the same goals.

More here: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/home.xml

Thanks for the clarification on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj
                              I used to date a girl who works for customs and normally if you work o.t. its a double shift so youre lookin at 16 hrs.
                              Thanks for the info, its appreciated.

Well, tomorrow I take my VBT and that will be it for everything. It will just be a waiting game from then on. Drug test, medical, fitness, and all pre-employment forms are done/sent in and pending.

Comment

• I found out that cbp is going to be at a job fair around here in a week, but I can't find out if its women only. I'd feel like a fool walking in as the only male
                                http://www.womenforhire.com/career_e...der_protection

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7446 users online. 402 members and 7044 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X