Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
    I have received mixed answers for this question. But, I thought I would ask again.

    Does shift differentials and holiday pay calculate into the OT cap?
    Get used to getting mixed answers. There are few absolutes in this job and things change often.

    My understanding is that all premium pay is included in the 35K cap. That's what I've been told, at least.

    However, since neither I nor anyone I personally know of has ever came close enough to capping out that this would come into play, it's more or less an academic question in my CBP circles.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
      Barnaj (or anyone else),

      How long after your credit was pulled did you meet with the Background Investigator?
      Well, i didnt check into it before i met with my investigator. When we met she pulled it out and asked me to verify it. Did you get a notice that yours had been pulled?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Well, i didnt check into it before i met with my investigator. When we met she pulled it out and asked me to verify it. Did you get a notice that yours had been pulled?
        I use True Credit to monitor my credit. It emails me whenever there is a change to my Credit Report. US Customs pulled my credit twice once on the 13 and once on the 20. I wonder if they loss the first one they pulled. Which isn't a good sign at all.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
          I use True Credit to monitor my credit. It emails me whenever there is a change to my Credit Report. US Customs pulled my credit twice once on the 13 and once on the 20. I wonder if they loss the first one they pulled. Which isn't a good sign at all.
          Well, it's always a good sign that they are doing anything with your file. You never know when it could be sitting in a pile on some overworked ex-fbi agents desk. I cant imagine that if you never defaulted on a govt loan or filed bankruptcy, that credit will be an issue or a long process during the overall b.i.

          Comment


          • I have no credit problems. When I saw Customs pulled my credit I was so excited. But after the time of no other movement my excitement deflated.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Get used to getting mixed answers. There are few absolutes in this job and things change often.

              My understanding is that all premium pay is included in the 35K cap. That's what I've been told, at least.

              However, since neither I nor anyone I personally know of has ever came close enough to capping out that this would come into play, it's more or less an academic question in my CBP circles.
              So are we still getting double time for OT?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                I have no credit problems. When I saw Customs pulled my credit I was so excited. But after the time of no other movement my excitement deflated.
                I see by looking at my credit report that they pulled it about a month before my personal interview.

                Comment


                • The way I see it...

                  Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
                  So are we still getting double time for OT?

                  Yes you do. But not for the month of September That's the way it's looking here @ SFO anyways. "No Money"

                  All the Officers are working "Shifts" recently.

                  I can't wait till October to start earning that extra change again.

                  Comment


                  • question.. for the guys that stated a couple pages back about knowing the amount of passing people that tested with them.. how did you guys find that information out?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                      question.. for the guys that stated a couple pages back about knowing the amount of passing people that tested with them.. how did you guys find that information out?
                      They gave us the results the same day of the test. People that didn't pass had to leave. All of us others stayed and they gave us our TO.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
                        They gave us the results the same day of the test. People that didn't pass had to leave. All of us others stayed and they gave us our TO.
                        man i wish they did that on my test day.. i hate not knowing how many people passed on my day..

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                          man i wish they did that on my test day.. i hate not knowing how many people passed on my day..
                          I've done the compressed testing for a PA spot and done a normal testing routine for the CBPO gig. One should much prefer the compressed testing because it cuts out a decent amount of time from taking the test, getting your NOR, and then eventually getting the TO. Take all of that time in between and condense it to a day.

                          Did CBPO ever do compressed testing? I'm curious, I think I've heard of it happening before but I dunno.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                          "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sap123 View Post

                            Did CBPO ever do compressed testing? I'm curious, I think I've heard of it happening before but I dunno.
                            I heard they experimented with it in Cali.

                            Comment


                            • Can someone answer this question? Could a BI take longer to clear due to the fact that I'm the only member of my family who is an American Citizen? The rest of my family are all legal with green cards and they haven't become citizens mostly because of financial reasons or stupidity like they'll do it whenever they get to it. I don't have a large family in USA it's about 15 family members, Also I'm petitioning for my mother to come and live with me to the states. The reason I ask is because I'm going on 10 months since I tested on NOV 2007 and I still haven't clear BI. I have a clean record, my credit is good, and I've been living in my house since 1996. So I was wondering if some of those factors come into play when it comes to Federal BI.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                                Barnaj (or anyone else),

                                How long after your credit was pulled did you meet with the Background Investigator?
                                My credit was pulled about 2 weeks before I met with my investigator. She contacted me, I met with her and a week later I had passed the BI in CASS. Then a few days after that I got the call.

                                Im really surprised the process went this fast, I had kind of figured I would start in Nov. or Dec. I had no idea I would be starting in Sept. I'm not complaining though

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 14291 users online. 270 members and 14021 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X