300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you first hear that acronym?
    I have no idea.

Years back I used to work within the special education field. I'm guessing I picked it up then.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      I have no idea.

Years back I used to work within the special education field. I'm guessing I picked it up then.
      lol ok. I thought it was a CBP thing.
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
        Yea i just went into tsu on 07/13/12. So we will see how long it takes to get the call. I dont think it will take long since i choose the southwest geo
        I don't think it will take long for you to get the call either! I hope I get the call soon after!

Comment

You must meet with an investigator in order to get your background going. Ive never heard of anyone completing their background without meeting with a BI.
          I'm pretty sure I read about someone that had a completed BI without meeting with an investigator. I just checked my free credit report and it says that they pulled my credit back in may of this year. Woohoo!! At least now I know its started.
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read about someone that had a completed BI without meeting with an investigator. I just checked my free credit report and it says that they pulled my credit back in may of this year. Woohoo!! At least now I know its started.
            I did the same thing. Mine was on Jan 2012' and still here
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:12/10
            TSl: 5/11
            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
            Met BI:1/12
            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 3/12
            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• A week or so ago I received a call scheduling my VBT for September 12th. They also said I would receive a confirmation letter in the mail. Well on Saturday I got the letter, but it has me scheduled for August 21st. I called the 952 number on the paper and left a message on Saturday as well, but I haven't heard anything back. I guess I can try emailing them too. Anyone know what they usually respond faster to?
              CBPO
              Geo: West Coast
              Written Test: 4/19/12
              NOR: 5/25/12 (100 no vet pts)
              TSL1: 6/12/12
              TSL2: 6/13/12
              PFT1: 7/12/12
              Medical: 7/24/12
              VBT & SI: 8/21/12
              Poly: 3/28/13
              BI: In security office
              Drug Test:
              PFT2:
              EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Valross View Post
                A week or so ago I received a call scheduling my VBT for September 12th. They also said I would receive a confirmation letter in the mail. Well on Saturday I got the letter, but it has me scheduled for August 21st. I called the 952 number on the paper and left a message on Saturday as well, but I haven't heard anything back. I guess I can try emailing them too. Anyone know what they usually respond faster to?
                It more than likely is in August, makes sense too since we are both on the same timeline practically. Mine is the 24th.... by the way, what did you think of the PFT1? Shows green on CASS now
                BPA
                Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                TSU: 01/03/13
                The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                Written Test: 04/19/12
                NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                Background Investigation: Completed
                Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  I have no idea.

I have heard KSA's (knowlegde, skills and abilities) used in Government service. This is the first I heard KASO's. You learn something new everyday.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                    It more than likely is in August, makes sense too since we are both on the same timeline practically. Mine is the 24th.... by the way, what did you think of the PFT1? Shows green on CASS now
                    Well that was quick. CASS hasn't updated for me yet, and now that I've read your post I'll probably be checking every 10 minutes for the rest of the day, lol.

The PFT was good. Much more informal than I thought it would be. I did the side step test in a small narrow hallway and everything else in a tiny room that was full of stuff; I barely had enough room to do the push ups, but it all turned out fine. I think I scored about 135 on the first section. I had practiced the step test at home, but only with an 8" step, so it was definitely a bit harder. But I switched my up leg a few times which made it not too difficult. The worst part for me was listening to that dang metronome for 5 minutes.

Glad to hear you officially passed on CASS. Let me know when you get scheduled for your medical.
                    CBPO
                    Geo: West Coast
                    Written Test: 4/19/12
                    NOR: 5/25/12 (100 no vet pts)
                    TSL1: 6/12/12
                    TSL2: 6/13/12
                    PFT1: 7/12/12
                    Medical: 7/24/12
                    VBT & SI: 8/21/12
                    Poly: 3/28/13
                    BI: In security office
                    Drug Test:
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Valross View Post
                      Well that was quick. CASS hasn't updated for me yet, and now that I've read your post I'll probably be checking every 10 minutes for the rest of the day, lol.

The PFT was good. Much more informal than I thought it would be. I did the side step test in a small narrow hallway and everything else in a tiny room that was full of stuff; I barely had enough room to do the push ups, but it all turned out fine. I think I scored about 135 on the first section. I had practiced the step test at home, but only with an 8" step, so it was definitely a bit harder. But I switched my up leg a few times which made it not too difficult. The worst part for me was listening to that dang metronome for 5 minutes.

Glad to hear you officially passed on CASS. Let me know when you get scheduled for your medical.
                      lol yeah for sure yours will show green on Thursday, I guess they sent the results of the PFT to Minneapolis right away, maybe the place where you did your test delayed a little to send them. Yeah, I totally agree, the hardest part of the test was listening to the boring guy on the cd go, "Up, up, down, down, Up, up, down, down...for the entire 5 minutes! I kept shouting in my mind, "shut up!!!"

I'll let you know when I get scheduled for the medical.
                      BPA
                      Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                      TSU: 01/03/13

CBPO
                      Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                      Written Test: 04/19/12
                      NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                      TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                      Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                      Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                      PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                      Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                      VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                      Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                      Background Investigation: Completed
                      Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                      BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                      TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

Good call, I didn't think of that. Checked mine and they pulled it the first week of June, so at least they have gone that far. I also just got a letter saying that I have to go to an eye doctor, which is funny because I have never had worse than 20/20 vision but I could have swore the nurse wrote 20/40 on my paper in mistake, since I read all the letters correctly for 20/20 vision. Oh well, I'll go get cleared at an eye doctor, just a slight inconvenience.

Comment

• Did my drug test today! Now all I have is the polygraph according to MCH, which they said is going to happen but they just don't know when.

Comment

You must meet with an investigator in order to get your background going. Ive never heard of anyone completing their background without meeting with a BI.
                            There are some that clear after the poly to get a fast ticket to FLETC, it's an "interim" clearance, they still have to meet an investigator in order to fully clear.If it's not done b the end of the academy your credentials will be taken away after graduation. Once it clears then you'll have your creds and gun... or you could end up being sent home from the academy for something they found out during he investigation.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              There are some that clear after the poly to get a fast ticket to FLETC, it's an "interim" clearance, they still have to meet an investigator in order to fully clear.If it's not done b the end of the academy your credentials will be taken away after graduation. Once it clears then you'll have your creds and gun... or you could end up being sent home from the academy for something they found out during he investigation.
                              Thanks for making that clear, once again. I'll be hoping to meet my investigator soon.

Comment

• Do they randomly select applicants for poly's? I didn't notice poly's included in the timelines of other applicants.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11770 users online. 447 members and 11323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X