300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
    Yuuup, I've been running about 3 miles 3-5 times a week and I went in thinking that it wouldn't be a big deal but it was still a challenge. I'm sure I'll do well on the VBT and that I'll pass, but still, it's nerve recking knowing your future hangs in the balance and determined by one single event. Thanks for the advice.
    No problem, I run a lot also and was definetly surprised with the step test. Ya just be yourself during the VBT/SI and you will do just fine. The whole process at times can be nerve racking lol. Waiting for my BI to clear is KILLING me!! haha
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Does anyone have any study guides that they want to sell?

Comment

• Eagle Pass is my home town. It is a decent size small city with access to pretty much anything you need. Housing should not be too much of a problem. San Antonio is about 2 hours away. Laredo is about 2 1/2 hours away as well. They are much larger cities. Eagle Pass would be a good port to work at. If you have any other questions, just ask.
        Posting my application timeline below-

CBPO Applicant
        Geographic Location: Southwest (Hoping for the McAllen area)
        Pre Employment Forms 8/2011 (Complete)
        Qualifications 2/2012 (Complete)
        Written Test: 8/2011 (Complete)
        Fitness Test 1 11/2011 (Complete)
        Medical Test 11/2011 (Complete)
        Video Based Test & Structured Interview: 11/2011 (Complete)
        Drug Test: Pending : 05/22/2012 (Complete)
        Background Investigation: Pending Still waiting!

Comment

• MHC Medical Unit sent me a self assessment form just to update my Medical. Basic questions regarding any sort of injury from the last test. Did not have to see a doctor or take a test. Faxed it back to them and recieved the call the following week.
          CBPO
          Test Location (Philadelphia)
          Geo Preference (Laredo, TX)
          Exam -12/2010
          Results -01/2011-90-
          Tentative Offer-04/2011-Passed
          Forms Recieved-04/2011 Passed (Step 7)
          Medical-04/2011-Passed
          PFT1-05/2011-Passed
          Background In-05/23/2011(pending in security office)
          Interview (VBT)-07/2011-Passed
          Drug Test-08/2011-Passed
          Background Out-05/14/2012-Passed
          Cass All Green-05/15/2012
          TSU -05/17/2012
          Currently a Police Officer in Southern New Jersey (5 years)

Comment

• Did the drug test on Thursday and it updated as "completed" today. 6 down, 1 more to go!
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Maybe.

Are you thinking of 'permanent' moves...or temporary assignments?

Short-term TDYs are not that hard to pick-up...after a couple or so years on. More permanent moves are less easy to obtain...but a lot of that depends on what you bring to the table and how selective you are as to where you might go.

If you bring a lot of KASOs into the agency and/or obtain a lot of KASOs during your first few years working for CBP, then things like a placement in CSI might be within reach. If you're willing to go anywhere, such as the CNMIs, Whitlash, MT or Skagway, AK...the likelihood of moving about also might be within reach.

You might have to wait until you've earned your GS-12 though.

Mer.
              What are KASOs?
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by east2west View Post
                MHC Medical Unit sent me a self assessment form just to update my Medical. Basic questions regarding any sort of injury from the last test. Did not have to see a doctor or take a test. Faxed it back to them and recieved the call the following week.
                Hey thats the exact same thing that i had to do. I faxed it in last thursdsy

Comment

• Did my drug test on Thursday and it's says drug test has been scheduled and awaiting results

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    Makes two of us. You still haven't met with him?
                    No man. I am hoping, just hoping that they will not need to meet up with me again. I had a BI for BPA clear less than a year ago. I hope it's just updating and actualizing info. I also don't want to go through a poly again, that was a horrible experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                      Congrats. Im waiting for the call as well. everything went all green for me on june 27. Then my medical went pending again cause they wanted additional medical info. Then my medical went green again on july 12 so now im waiting for the call. I also took my exam on 12/10
                      How long did it take your medical to go green once you faxed your medical update in?
                      CBPO
                      Geo Pref:Georgia
                      NOR:3/07
                      T.O:10/08
                      1st TSU:6/09
                      2nd Fitness test:11/09
                      Credit pulled:4/10
                      2nd TSU:5/10
                      2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                      2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                      2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                      All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
                        How long did it take your medical to go green once you faxed your medical update in?
                        I faxed in the paper workon july 12. Today i checked cass and it says "reffered to scheduling unit on 07/13/12". So apperently the medical cleared the day after i faxed it in. Now im waiting for the call

Comment

• For any March 2012 SWB testers... Here is my timeline as of this morning in Cass:
                          App (SWB): 3/14/12
                          Test: 3/27/12
                          NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
                          TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
                          Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
                          Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
                          PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
                          Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
                          sent medical update form 6/21/13
                          VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
                          Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
                          Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
                          Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
                          Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
                          EOD: 9/3/13
                          FLETC: 10/2/13

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                            just had a quick question for those attempting to get picked up as a GS-7 with college credits/degree, when did you send your OFFICIAL transcripts? I spoke to someone at MHC a while back when i did the E-quip and she instructed me to wait until I met with the BI, so i have not been any rush to send them and i am just waiting (which is fine, as we all know there is a lot of waiting) but just wanted to see where everyone stood as far as that goes.
                            I received an email from MHC about a month ago giving me a week to submit official transcripts and properly fill out the GS5/GS7 forms. I believe I initially filled them out incorrectly when I first submitted them.
                            App (SWB): 3/14/12
                            Test: 3/27/12
                            NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
                            TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
                            Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
                            Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
                            PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
                            Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
                            sent medical update form 6/21/13
                            VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
                            Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
                            Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
                            Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
                            Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
                            EOD: 9/3/13
                            FLETC: 10/2/13

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                              just had a quick question for those attempting to get picked up as a GS-7 with college credits/degree, when did you send your OFFICIAL transcripts? I spoke to someone at MHC a while back when i did the E-quip and she instructed me to wait until I met with the BI, so i have not been any rush to send them and i am just waiting (which is fine, as we all know there is a lot of waiting) but just wanted to see where everyone stood as far as that goes.

I initially sent off my transcripts and documents supporting my work experience with with the first package we had to submit to MHC then
                              I received a letter about 2 months later saying I qualified at the GS7 grade, and I have yet to meet my BI with that said I don't think your BI rates your qualifications it's done by someone @ MHC this is base on my understanding if I am wrong on this someone can comment on it

Comment

• March 2012 Tester

Hi everyone. I tested in March 2012 and I have been in TSU as of July 10, 2012. The background and medical transferred over from my BPA application. I have been in TSU for BPA since Sept 27, 2011. I have not taken the polygraph. Are there any other March testers that are in TSU? I am wondering how long it will be until I get a final offer. (My geo pref is SW Border)

Test: March 27, 2012 Score = 100
                                TSL: May 6, 2012
                                PFT1: May 25, 2012
                                VBT/SI: June 25, 2012
                                TSU: July 10, 2012
                                The Call?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4675 users online. 267 members and 4408 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X