300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    Makes two of us. You still haven't met with him?
    Makes three of us, the way mine has been going you guys will meet your investigator, get through it all and be in fletc while I'm still waiting haha.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
      I had my PFT1 on 07/12/12, I had never practiced the step test much less done it in my life and it was harder than I thought it would be, but none the less I kicked the test's ***! I accumulated 138 points out of the 80 required I'm so nervous about the VBT next month.

Tip to those that haven't done it: Practice the step test!!
      User don't sweat the VBT/SI, just be relaxed and you will be fine. Ya the step test sneaks up on you right? I went in thinking ok I got this, half way through I was like wow if your not in half way decent shape this can really get you.
      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
        User don't sweat the VBT/SI, just be relaxed and you will be fine. Ya the step test sneaks up on you right? I went in thinking ok I got this, half way through I was like wow if your not in half way decent shape this can really get you.

Yuuup, I've been running about 3 miles 3-5 times a week and I went in thinking that it wouldn't be a big deal but it was still a challenge. I'm sure I'll do well on the VBT and that I'll pass, but still, it's nerve recking knowing your future hangs in the balance and determined by one single event. Thanks for the advice.
        BPA
        Applied (CA): 08/02/11
        TSU: 01/03/13
        The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
        Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
        Written Test: 04/19/12
        NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
        TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
        Pre-Employment forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
        PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
        Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
        VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
        Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
        Background Investigation: Completed
        Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
        BI Meeting: 12/20/12
        TSU: 12/27/12
        The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• just had a quick question for those attempting to get picked up as a GS-7 with college credits/degree, when did you send your OFFICIAL transcripts? I spoke to someone at MHC a while back when i did the E-quip and she instructed me to wait until I met with the BI, so i have not been any rush to send them and i am just waiting (which is fine, as we all know there is a lot of waiting) but just wanted to see where everyone stood as far as that goes.
          CBPO
          App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
          Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
          ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
          APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
          PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
          Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
          Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
            just had a quick question for those attempting to get picked up as a GS-7 with college credits/degree, when did you send your OFFICIAL transcripts? I spoke to someone at MHC a while back when i did the E-quip and she instructed me to wait until I met with the BI, so i have not been any rush to send them and i am just waiting (which is fine, as we all know there is a lot of waiting) but just wanted to see where everyone stood as far as that goes.
            I sent one up front since I had classes in progress, and then a second after graduation. Four weeks later, got the call.

Comment

• Recieved the long awaited call today for Laredo, TX
              CBPO
              Test Location (Philadelphia
              Geo Preference (Laredo, TX)
              Timeline
              Exam --------------------------------------12/2010
              Results ------------------------------------01/2011 - Passed -90-
              Tentative Offer ----------------------------04/2011 - Passed
              Forms Recieved ----------------------------04/2011 - Passed (Step 7)
              Medical ------------------------------------04/2011 - Passed
              Fitness 1 ----------------------------------05/2011 - Passed
              Background In------------------------------05/23/2011 (went pending in security office)
              Interview (VBT) ----------------------------07/2011 - Passed
              Drug Test ---------------------------------08/2011 - Passed
              Background Cleared-------------------------05/14/2012 - Passed
              Cass Update to all Green--------------------05/15/2012
              Transfered to scheduling unit for EOD--------05/17/2012
              PFT2 --------------------------------------Pending Scheduling
              EOD----------------------------------------08/27/2012
              Academy-----------------------------------09/26/2012

Currently a Police Officer in Southern New Jersey (5 years)
              CBPO
              Test Location (Philadelphia)
              Exam -12/2010
              Results -01/2011-90-
              Tentative Offer-04/2011-Passed
              Forms Recieved-04/2011 Passed (Step 7)
              Medical-04/2011-Passed
              PFT1-05/2011-Passed
              Background In-05/23/2011(pending in security office)
              Interview (VBT)-07/2011-Passed
              Drug Test-08/2011-Passed
              Background Out-05/14/2012-Passed
              Cass All Green-05/15/2012
              TSU -05/17/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                Got my interview results letter today: Eligible Two more steps!!
                Congrat! I took mine on 6/27, had both VBT and SI and haven't heard anything. I guess no news is good news? Hopefully I will see the green check on CASS tomorrow.
                Test -1/4/11
                NOR - 5/9/12
                TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                TSL 2- 5/11/12
                Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                Drug Test - ?
                Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                B.I. - ?
                Poly- ?
                PFT2 - ?
                EOD - ?

Comment

• How long are your fitness and medical good for?

Comment

• Originally posted by east2west View Post
                    Recieved the long awaited call today for Laredo, TX
                    CBPO
                    Timeline
                    Background In------------------------------05/23/2011 (went pending in security office)

Congrats. Im waiting for the call as well. everything went all green for me on june 27. Then my medical went pending again cause they wanted additional medical info. Then my medical went green again on july 12 so now im waiting for the call. I also took my exam on 12/10

Comment

• Congratulations East2West!

Comment

• Scheduled my drug test for tomorrow!

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        I was the XO at the 1072nd TC out of Fresno, now house hunting in Florida...
                        Oh no, can't spell lost without LT haha. By Fresno you mean Fresno, CA?

Comment

• Originally posted by east2west View Post
                          Recieved the long awaited call today for Laredo, TX
                          CBPO
                          Timeline

Congratulations. Hopefully I will join you at the academy pretty soon. I have a quick question. Did you retake the PFT1 or the medical? I noticed that they cleared for you over a year ago. My PFT1 and medical cleared on July of last year. So, I am concerned that I have to retake them pretty soon. My CASS is all green but I again I am concerned that I have to retake some of the steps before getting the call. Anyway, good luck for you.
                          Last edited by Harry; 07-16-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Well took my VBT/SI today, they did not tell me that I passed but from the conversations we had after the SI, im pretty sure that I did well. It was pretty easy, just the wait time between the VBT and the SI was nerve racking.Well, I only have the drug test and BI left now.
                            Test -02 April 2012
                            NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                            TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                            Qualifications - (Pending)
                            PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                            VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                            Drug Test - (pending)
                            Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                            B.I. - In security office
                            Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                            PFT2 -
                            EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by zilch79 View Post

Also, a substantial reason I applied was the potential to move around and work different jobs in different places, at least down the road. I know I'll be in this port for at least a couple of years, but I'm especially interested in going overseas with the Container Security Initiative, or seeing other parts of the country at least within the agency. Are these realistic goals, at least after making GS-11?

Thanks for any information you may have.
                              Maybe.

Are you thinking of 'permanent' moves...or temporary assignments?

Short-term TDYs are not that hard to pick-up...after a couple or so years on. More permanent moves are less easy to obtain...but a lot of that depends on what you bring to the table and how selective you are as to where you might go.

If you bring a lot of KASOs into the agency and/or obtain a lot of KASOs during your first few years working for CBP, then things like a placement in CSI might be within reach. If you're willing to go anywhere, such as the CNMIs, Whitlash, MT or Skagway, AK...the likelihood of moving about also might be within reach.

You might have to wait until you've earned your GS-12 though.

Mer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry View Post
                                Congratulations. Hopefully I will join you at the academy pretty soon. I have a kick question. Did you retake the PFT1 or the medical? I noticed that they cleared for you over a year ago. My PFT1 and medical cleared on July of last year. So, I am concerned that I have to retake them pretty soon. My CASS is all green but I again I am concerned that I have to retake some of the steps before getting the call. Anyway, good luck for you.
                                I have the same concern, Yoda told me that it's good for 1 year. I have a friend though that was in the process that didn't have to retake till after two years, or so he says. I sent an email yesterday to MHC to find out. I'll let everybody know what they tell me. East2west any insight you can give us would be much appreciated. Oh and congrats!!! I see you tested in 12/2010 in Philadelphia, so did I. Hopefully I'll be following you to fletc. Good luck
                                Last edited by Rms16; 07-16-2012, 11:23 PM.
                                List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4855 users online. 233 members and 4622 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X