Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A year after applying, going through a bit of back and forth with medical documents, and lurking a bit on the forums, I finally got a call offering a job in Eagle Pass with an academy starting in late September. They say I had 24 hours to reply back to them with a yea or nay.

I've done the standard internet searches for Eagle Pass to learn what I can. Does anyone here know much about what it's like to live there, or what the port is dealing with these days?

Also, a substantial reason I applied was the potential to move around and work different jobs in different places, at least down the road. I know I'll be in this port for at least a couple of years, but I'm especially interested in going overseas with the Container Security Initiative, or seeing other parts of the country at least within the agency. Are these realistic goals, at least after making GS-11?

Thanks for any information you may have.
    Last edited by zilch79; 07-16-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Still waiting for BI

Comment

• I received a 77 on the CBP exam on 3/26 in NY. I have yet to receive my T.O. I completed everything for BP and applied for the SWB for CBPO.

My question is can I retest for the CBP test before the announcement closes? Should I retest or stay with the 77 I got on the exam. I know I will probably be reached eventually but my B.I expires in October!

Thanks for the help!
        GEO: SWB
        TSL 1 & 2: 4/5/13 & 5/1/13
        Medical & PFT-1: 4/17/13 Passed
        VBT/SI: 6/17/13 Passed
        Qual: (GS-5) Cleared
        Drug Test: Pending
        BI: In security office
        Poly: Pending
        TSU: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by BPAHelibs22 View Post
          I received a 77 on the CBP exam on 3/26 in NY. I have yet to receive my T.O. I completed everything for BP and applied for the SWB for CBPO.

My question is can I retest for the CBP test before the announcement closes? Should I retest or stay with the 77 I got on the exam. I know I will probably be reached eventually but my B.I expires in October!

Thanks for the help!
          I am not 100% sure but I BELIEVE that you have to wait a year before you can retest. My friend scored an 84 for the same region and has not received a TO, and had an exam date the same week as yours.

Comment

• I had my PFT1 on 07/12/12, I had never practiced the step test much less done it in my life and it was harder than I thought it would be, but none the less I kicked the test's ***! I accumulated 138 points out of the 80 required I'm so nervous about the VBT next month.

Tip to those that haven't done it: Practice the step test!!
            BPA
            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
            TSU: 01/03/13
            The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
            Written Test: 04/19/12
            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
            Background Investigation: Completed
            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
            BI Meeting: 12/20/12
            TSU: 12/27/12
            The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
              Still waiting for BI
              Makes two of us. You still haven't met with him?
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Hello, I have a question about TSL1, I received one and it doesn't state anywhere what the next step is. I believe that I have to do E-Quip but it doesn't tell me anything about submitting forms. Am I missing something? I notice some forum members have submitted their E-Quip same day as TSL, any advice would help. I want to make sure I submit all requirements promptly. Thank you in advance.
                MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by Get Some View Post
                  Hello, I have a question about TSL1, I received one and it doesn't state anywhere what the next step is. I believe that I have to do E-Quip but it doesn't tell me anything about submitting forms. Am I missing something? I notice some forum members have submitted their E-Quip same day as TSL, any advice would help. I want to make sure I submit all requirements promptly. Thank you in advance.
                  If I remember correctly, you'll get two notifications. One has your test scores on it, and the other is the TSL that has further instructions. The email had two attachments, so be sure you check both of them.

Comment

Hello, I have a question about TSL1, I received one and it doesn't state anywhere what the next step is. I believe that I have to do E-Quip but it doesn't tell me anything about submitting forms. Am I missing something? I notice some forum members have submitted their E-Quip same day as TSL, any advice would help. I want to make sure I submit all requirements promptly. Thank you in advance.
                    I believe it's the TSL2 that has that info, so you have to wait for the TSL2.

Comment

• Oh ok, so the first one is to describe what will happen next, and the second will get into more detail about what I need to do next, understood.
                      Now will TSL2 tell me what location I'm going to? or it will stay up in the air until I get "The Call" and then they offer me specific locations?
                      MSP 1896

Comment

Oh ok, so the first one is to describe what will happen next, and the second will get into more detail about what I need to do next, understood.
                        Now will TSL2 tell me what location I'm going to? or it will stay up in the air until I get "The Call" and then they offer me specific locations?
                        It is up in the air until you get the call

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                          It is up in the air until you get the call
                          Get used to it.
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Took my drug test last Thursday. Waiting for it to clear in CASS. My BI is the only thing left. Hoping that the investigator calls soon!
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                            TSU: 3/28/13
                            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                            FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• 1 month done at FLETC for CBP...only advice I can give u is get in shape and get ready to study!

Comment

• Good luck to everyone currently in the process for CBPO
                                Geo:SWB
                                CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                                TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                                Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                                VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                                Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                                Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                                Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                                BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                                TSU: 3/28/13
                                EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                                FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5714 users online. 232 members and 5482 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X