Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Svelez View Post
    I have two questions:1- anyone here is a MIA , and how can i become part of the team?
    2- when they hire you, can you choose the port you want to be?
    I'm not in Miami but you have to apply for the Florida region and hope that they offer you Miami.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by darko886 View Post
      I'm not in Miami but you have to apply for the Florida region and hope that they offer you Miami.
      I think he meant Marine Interdiction Agent. which i remember from others on this forum that it is difficult to get into because they are such a small group i believe. i believe they have separate openings for those don't they? and from reading this forum i see you get the call, they have whatever ports available to you at the time to pick , or they just assign you with one and you just say yes or no. usually if you get SWB it will take awhile to get out of there, i wouldn't want to even venture to put a number on how long.
      BPA( California)

      NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

      Comment


      • Originally posted by socalpdcadet View Post
        No problem! And as far as TSU, for CBPO, my background was the last thing to clear and when it did, my CASS went from background being in security office to TSU. My BPA status took about an extra week until it showed that I was in TSU.
        Oh ok. Well ny background WAS the last thing to clear but then my medical went pending again because the wanted a doctor to clesr me due to a chest injury so i had to fax them a realease form. Then i called the medical review unit this past friday and they told me i had already cleared again. So as of this past friday, everything has cleared.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
          I think he meant Marine Interdiction Agent. which i remember from others on this forum that it is difficult to get into because they are such a small group i believe. i believe they have separate openings for those don't they? and from reading this forum i see you get the call, they have whatever ports available to you at the time to pick , or they just assign you with one and you just say yes or no. usually if you get SWB it will take awhile to get out of there, i wouldn't want to even venture to put a number on how long.
          Marine Interdiction Agents are part of US Customs and Border Protection's Office of Air and Marine. Marine Interdiction Agents (MIA) and Air Interdiction Agents (AIA) go through the Air and Marine Interdiction Academy together, but are hired under separate vacancies. CBP will put out separate announcements for each such as AIA, MIA, and Pilot. The Office of Air and Marine is the smallest law enforcement office within CBP, having less than 500 LEO's. Having said that, it is very difficult to get in. In order to be considered, you need documented hours of either flight time or boat time. You also need several licenses and certifications to even qualify under the announcement, such as a US Coast Guard Master/Captain License.

          Comment


          • Does anyone know where I can find an email address for a CBPO recruiter? I have looked and it may be because I am dead dog tired, but I can't seem to find it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
              I think he meant Marine Interdiction Agent. which i remember from others on this forum that it is difficult to get into because they are such a small group i believe. i believe they have separate openings for those don't they? and from reading this forum i see you get the call, they have whatever ports available to you at the time to pick , or they just assign you with one and you just say yes or no. usually if you get SWB it will take awhile to get out of there, i wouldn't want to even venture to put a number on how long.
              Good call, I wasn't thinking.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Svelez View Post
                Well if that's the case i think im staying in my geo that is fl, thank you
                Do some research on the locations first. There are many ports in the SWB that you dont have to actually live in that town. Texas-al is right there are many small ports, but you could commute from the surrounding cities and towns.
                Last edited by Rms16; 07-15-2012, 04:42 PM.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

                NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                Comment


                • I just wanted to say with this announcement and applying for the Marshals has motivated me to get my butt in gear. About 6 weeks ago I started going to the gym 4-5 days a week and running 2-4miles 2-4 times a week. My run time was around 16mins for a mile and a half probably a little more. I just finished a miles and a half in 13:37.

                  I still have some ways for the Marshals and I really hope to get my run time down before I have to take the test but at least I know the work I am doing is paying off.

                  I'm not trying to gloat here I just want to encourage others who may not have the best run times that hard work will pay off. I am in no way a runner, even while in the Marines I sucked at running. Just keep up the hard work and you will see results. I started taking bits from the couch to 5k program and I think it has helped me a lot.

                  Comment


                  • Well I have taken everything all ready but my cass has not showed anything differnet.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DevilDog22 View Post
                      I just wanted to say with this announcement and applying for the Marshals has motivated me to get my butt in gear. About 6 weeks ago I started going to the gym 4-5 days a week and running 2-4miles 2-4 times a week. My run time was around 16mins for a mile and a half probably a little more. I just finished a miles and a half in 13:37.

                      I still have some ways for the Marshals and I really hope to get my run time down before I have to take the test but at least I know the work I am doing is paying off.

                      I'm not trying to gloat here I just want to encourage others who may not have the best run times that hard work will pay off. I am in no way a runner, even while in the Marines I sucked at running. Just keep up the hard work and you will see results. I started taking bits from the couch to 5k program and I think it has helped me a lot.
                      good luck and keep it up, wish you the best and hopefully the hardwork pays off! i received the my application is not within reach letter but it is what it is. i am still in this process though!
                      CBPO
                      App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                      Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                      ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

                      I had to decline, if you need help msg.


                      NJSP
                      APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                      PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                      Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                      Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

                      Comment


                      • Anybody have any info on if they are planning to expand or hire CBPO's for any ports in Detroit MI in the next year?
                        BPA
                        Application Date: 09/11/2011
                        Examination Date: 11/18/2011
                        NOR: 11/29/2011 (95)
                        TSL: 04/05/2012
                        PFT1: 05/07/2012 Pass
                        Med: 05/14/2012 Pass
                        SI: 05/29/2012 Pass
                        EQIP Updated: 07/17/2012
                        BI: Clear
                        PFT2: ?
                        EOD?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DevilDog22 View Post
                          I just wanted to say with this announcement and applying for the Marshals has motivated me to get my butt in gear. About 6 weeks ago I started going to the gym 4-5 days a week and running 2-4miles 2-4 times a week. My run time was around 16mins for a mile and a half probably a little more. I just finished a miles and a half in 13:37.

                          I still have some ways for the Marshals and I really hope to get my run time down before I have to take the test but at least I know the work I am doing is paying off.

                          I'm not trying to gloat here I just want to encourage others who may not have the best run times that hard work will pay off. I am in no way a runner, even while in the Marines I sucked at running. Just keep up the hard work and you will see results. I started taking bits from the couch to 5k program and I think it has helped me a lot.
                          the fitness requirements for DUSMS and some of the other agencies out there are significantly harder then CBPO and the scoring is considerably different. in fact, no offense to anyone, it makes some of the other agency requirements look like a joke. here it is pass fail during the hiring process/ application process. while the the DUSMS application process the better you do in your fitness test the higher you are ranked and better (or worse) your chance of being hired. so doing just the minimum or barely passing the fitness test greatly reduces your chances of being hired versus those that score higher then you. you are placed at the bottom of the "stack" if you do just the minimum. as an example, someone 20 to 29 years old has to run their 1.5 mile in 12:18 as a minimum simply to pass their initial fit test. superior or max points for this age group is 8:14. if the DUSMS is your goal then you better work your tail off and understand that the "minimum" won't cut it or it may mean a VERY long wait for you in the hiring process. it could even mean that although you meet the minimum requirements, you may never get called up. even if you pass "superior" in ALL areas it does not guarantee you get the call. trust me. by no fault of your own, nothing is guaranteed. trust me!!!

                          however, if you can pass, even at a minimum all of the DUSMS fitness requirements, then the CBPO requirements will be a breeze for you.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by G13 View Post
                            the fitness requirements for DUSMS and some of the other agencies out there are significantly harder then CBPO and the scoring is considerably different. in fact, no offense to anyone, it makes some of the other agency requirements look like a joke. here it is pass fail during the hiring process/ application process. while the the DUSMS application process the better you do in your fitness test the higher you are ranked and better (or worse) your chance of being hired. so doing just the minimum or barely passing the fitness test greatly reduces your chances of being hired versus those that score higher then you. you are placed at the bottom of the "stack" if you do just the minimum. as an example, someone 20 to 29 years old has to run their 1.5 mile in 12:18 as a minimum simply to pass their initial fit test. superior or max points for this age group is 8:14. if the DUSMS is your goal then you better work your tail off and understand that the "minimum" won't cut it or it may mean a VERY long wait for you in the hiring process. it could even mean that although you meet the minimum requirements, you may never get called up. even if you pass "superior" in ALL areas it does not guarantee you get the call. trust me. by no fault of your own, nothing is guaranteed. trust me!!!

                            however, if you can pass, even at a minimum all of the DUSMS fitness requirements, then the CBPO requirements will be a breeze for you.
                            Absolutely agree with you. I don't expect to get picked up by the Marshals especially now that I know the fitness test is scored. I thought it was pass/fail. Either way I'm going to continue the process and hope for the best, I was lucky to even get to test.

                            Comment


                            • Got my interview results letter today: Eligible Two more steps!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DevilDog22 View Post
                                Absolutely agree with you. I don't expect to get picked up by the Marshals especially now that I know the fitness test is scored. I thought it was pass/fail. Either way I'm going to continue the process and hope for the best, I was lucky to even get to test.
                                you should absolutely continue the process!!! you never know what can happen. even if you scored perfect marks in all the categories it is not a guarantee. i scored max points in all the fitness categories and completed my entire application. in fact i was simply waiting on a seat for the DUSMS academy when the executive order was signed canceling the entire FCIP. thusly voiding my entire application and then all at once, two years down the drain.

                                get in where ever you can. once your in it makes things significantly easier. no matter what agency you get into. just get in.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5398 users online. 345 members and 5053 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X