Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody if there is a dress code during preacademy? I start preacademy in a couple of days and dont know what we are supposed to wear after the first day.

Comment

• VBT/SI on monday, Im so ready to check this one off my list........
      Test -02 April 2012
      NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
      TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
      Qualifications - (Pending)
      PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
      VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
      Drug Test - (pending)
      Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
      B.I. - In security office
      Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
      PFT2 -
      EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
        First off I am not a troll. I came on here and asked a question and was made fun of for no reason. So I made fun off him back. If a war veteran came on here and said I'm suffering from post traumatic stress disorder will I be disqualified? are you going to say?, "this better be a joke?" I sure hope not. You discriminated against me for no reason and you know nothing about me. Everyone should have a fair chance at this job. I am one of the nicest guys in the world I just don't put up with ignorance.

Statistics show that people with mental illness are no more violent than everyone else. So your wrong about the government not touching me with a 10 meter pole. I bet you didnt know one of our greatest Presidents suffered from mental illness, Abraham Lincoln.

Other famous people with mental illness are Isaac Newton, Beethoven, Winston Churchhill, John Nash, Charles Dickens, Michelangelo, Dick Clark, hero Buzz Aldrin and Ernest Hemingway among many others. They did alright for themselves.

People on medication can do very well these days. Thank you Rms16 for your support good luck!

I say, what the heck try it. They sent my medical file to the Medical Review Unit, because I stated that I get headaches monthly! They do not want to take any risks for any kind of injury, problem etc..... All they can do is try you down, I feel like trying and not making it, is better then not trying at all.
        Last edited by Sick of being a Army Grunt; 07-15-2012, 01:49 AM.
        Test -02 April 2012
        TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
        Drug Test - (pending)
        PFT2 -
        EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
          VBT/SI on monday, Im so ready to check this one off my list........
          Business attire and remember your first impression is the one that counts, just follow the instructions and you will be okay, good luck

Comment

• If someone went into TSU next week, how long would they have to wait to get "the call" if they applied for the swb geo? Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Svelez View Post
              Hi todavia estoy esperando, no he hecho el cambio de geo por q no tengo ni idea de como son las ciudades del swb , me dicen q algunos puestos en el swb son en pueblitos q la tienda mas cerca te queda como a una hora y se q mi esposo y los nenes no se van a acostumbrar, y para cambiarte nuevamente hay q esperar mucho. Que area solicitaste? A mi me gustaria galveston en texas, tengo una amiga q vive alla y me dice q es muy bueno.gracias
              Hola Velez, Estoy de acuerdo contigo, yo tampoco tengo la minima idea de como son esos estados por el SW, y me han comentado que es asi como dices.. Todo queda lejos, y muy solitario. Pero es una de las localizaciones que esta llamando persona mas rapido, esa es la razon la cual yo tambien cambie para el SWB.
              Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                If someone went into TSU next week, how long would they have to wait to get "the call" if they applied for the swb geo? Any thoughts?
                You should expect to get the call within the next few weeks. I got into TSU on 06/21/12 and got the call on 07/05/12 with a CA SWB preference. I've seen others that had a SWB preference get the call within a week of being in TSU. Just make sure to answer the phone when you see the 952 area code!
                BPA
                Written (87) 11/29/10
                NOR 12/3/10
                TSL1 07/26/11
                Poly 08/15/11
                PT 08/22/11
                Drug Test 09/02/11
                OB 09/13/11
                BI meeting 10/10/11
                TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
                Written (79) 12/07/10
                NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
                NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
                TSL1 06/14/11
                Poly 08/15/11
                Medical and PT 08/22/11
                VBT/SI 08/26/11
                Drug Test 09/02/11
                BI meeting 10/10/11
                TSU 06/21/12
                EOD 08/13/12
                FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• First post.

I just want to say thanks to all the helpful posts throughout this thread. I have read probably the last 300+ pages of this thread and found a lot of advice and "heads up" that isn't necessarily listed elsewhere.

As you can see, they appear to be moving the process a long a little faster if you've chosen the SWB as your location. In fact, it was less than 3 weeks from my testing date that I got my TSL. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting CASS to update so that I can actually log on.

Anyways, keep up the helpful posts.
                  Geo: SWB
                  Test: 6/23/12
                  NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
                  TSL1: 7/13/12
                  TSL2: 7/17/12
                  E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
                  Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
                  VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
                  Drug Test:
                  B.I.:
                  Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
                  Polygraph: 10/30/2012
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
                    Hola Velez, Estoy de acuerdo contigo, yo tampoco tengo la minima idea de como son esos estados por el SW, y me han comentado que es asi como dices.. Todo queda lejos, y muy solitario. Pero es una de las localizaciones que esta llamando persona mas rapido, esa es la razon la cual yo tambien cambie para el SWB.
                    Cuando solicitas el swb puedes escoger a donde quieres ir? O cbp te dice donde vas a estar? Gracias

Comment

• Originally posted by socalpdcadet View Post
                      You should expect to get the call within the next few weeks. I got into TSU on 06/21/12 and got the call on 07/05/12 with a CA SWB preference. I've seen others that had a SWB preference get the call within a week of being in TSU. Just make sure to answer the phone when you see the 952 area code!
                      great thanks for your input bro. Hopefully i get the call before august 4 cause thats when my medical expires. Let me ask you another question, do you automatically go into tsu when you complete all the steps( fitness, medical,background,etc)?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                        great thanks for your input bro. Hopefully i get the call before august 4 cause thats when my medical expires. Let me ask you another question, do you automatically go into tsu when you complete all the steps( fitness, medical,background,etc)?
                        No problem! And as far as TSU, for CBPO, my background was the last thing to clear and when it did, my CASS went from background being in security office to TSU. My BPA status took about an extra week until it showed that I was in TSU.
                        BPA
                        Written (87) 11/29/10
                        NOR 12/3/10
                        TSL1 07/26/11
                        Poly 08/15/11
                        PT 08/22/11
                        Drug Test 09/02/11
                        OB 09/13/11
                        BI meeting 10/10/11
                        TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
                        Written (79) 12/07/10
                        NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
                        NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
                        TSL1 06/14/11
                        Poly 08/15/11
                        Medical and PT 08/22/11
                        VBT/SI 08/26/11
                        Drug Test 09/02/11
                        BI meeting 10/10/11
                        TSU 06/21/12
                        EOD 08/13/12
                        FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Svelez View Post
                          Cuando solicitas el swb puedes escoger a donde quieres ir? O cbp te dice donde vas a estar? Gracias
                          Hola. Las preguntas que ustedes solicitan se las pueden responder muchos miembros en este forum. Quisas será mejor preguntar en ingles para que mas miembros los puedan ayudar.

Para responder la respuesta, si es verdad que el SWB is muy diferente. Mucha gente va a tener problemas para ajustarse a los pueblos chicos. La mayoría de los puertos están en pueblos chicos, pero si hay comodidades básicas como tiendas y supermercados. La cultura y modo de vida es muy diferente al resto de los Estados Unidos. Galveston es en lugar muy bonito, pero no creo que haga mucha necesidad de agentes de CBPO. Yo hable come la oficina de CBP para ver si podía escoger el puerto en vez de esperar a que ellos me lo ofrezcan, y me dijeron que me tengo que esperar a escoger de los puertos que tengan disponibles cuando sea mi turno. Buena suerte.
                          Posting my application timeline below-

CBPO Applicant
                          Geographic Location: Southwest (Hoping for the McAllen area)
                          Pre Employment Forms 8/2011 (Complete)
                          Qualifications 2/2012 (Complete)
                          Written Test: 8/2011 (Complete)
                          Fitness Test 1 11/2011 (Complete)
                          Medical Test 11/2011 (Complete)
                          Video Based Test & Structured Interview: 11/2011 (Complete)
                          Drug Test: Pending : 05/22/2012 (Complete)
                          Background Investigation: Pending Still waiting!

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                            Business attire and remember your first impression is the one that counts, just follow the instructions and you will be okay, good luck

Thanks, brother.
                            Test -02 April 2012
                            TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                            Drug Test - (pending)
                            PFT2 -
                            EOD -

Comment

• Originally posted by texas-al View Post
                              Hola. Las preguntas que ustedes solicitan se las pueden responder muchos miembros en este forum. Quisas será mejor preguntar en ingles para que mas miembros los puedan ayudar.

Para responder la respuesta, si es verdad que el SWB is muy diferente. Mucha gente va a tener problemas para ajustarse a los pueblos chicos. La mayoría de los puertos están en pueblos chicos, pero si hay comodidades básicas como tiendas y supermercados. La cultura y modo de vida es muy diferente al resto de los Estados Unidos. Galveston es en lugar muy bonito, pero no creo que haga mucha necesidad de agentes de CBPO. Yo hable come la oficina de CBP para ver si podía escoger el puerto en vez de esperar a que ellos me lo ofrezcan, y me dijeron que me tengo que esperar a escoger de los puertos que tengan disponibles cuando sea mi turno. Buena suerte.
                              Well if that's the case i think im staying in my geo that is fl, thank you

Comment

• I have two questions:1- anyone here is a MIA , and how can i become part of the team?
                                2- when they hire you, can you choose the port you want to be?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8082 users online. 366 members and 7716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X