Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I have a question. Does anyone know what the requirements are to become a cbpo with a k9(dog)?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      This better be a joke.....
      Oh come on Yoda have a little compassion, you never know where somebody is coming from. Peoplepeople give it a shot, what do you have to lose? Unfortunately I do think you probably will get dropped, but see it through you never know what could happen.
      Last edited by Rms16; 07-12-2012, 11:33 PM.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        BPA PFT requirements to get the job is a 15 min 1.5... to pass at the academy at 13 min.
        CBP has to change these requirements before sending in a bunch off applicants that will most likely fail the FGS (at least 1/4 or more will fail at 13:30). The amount of PT done at FLETC will not get anyone down to that time if they barely made it in at 17 min.

Once they change it I'll take it as a fact, for now it's a rumor until it is in writing...
        So true. There so many that barely made it on the 1.5 on final FGS.

Hey Yoda,
        By any chance you met a TRT instructor always make a comment ending with blah blah blah whatever!
        TSU - 8/28/09
        TO - 3/2009
        On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          Oh come on Yoda have a little compassion, you never know where somebody is coming from. Peoplepeople give it a shot, what do you have to lose? Unfortunately I do think you probably will get dropped, but see it through you never know what could happen.
          I'm sorry, not to be mean or anything, but I thought the same thing Yoda did when I saw that. But you are right RMS, like they say...you never know till you try. But I definitely see there being an issue with said conditions and becoming a LEO.

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
            I forgot who asked about the run time on pft2 and in academy. I found out today, a new trainee recently graduated from FLETC is the last class that is require to pass the 1.5 mile within 15mins. The new run time is 13mins for final FGS.

Sorry if i gave whoever the wrong info. I was not aware they changed it.
            I am leaving to the academy in 2 days, FLETC was called and the 15 min run still stands.
            Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
            Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
            Met BI:4/12
            VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
            Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 04/12
            PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
            EOD:06/18/12
            FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC162 View Post
              I'm sorry, not to be mean or anything, but I thought the same thing Yoda did when I saw that. But you are right RMS, like they say...you never know till you try. But I definitely see there being an issue with said conditions and becoming a LEO.
              I see some issues as well, but it won't hurt him to try. The rehab may be something he could overcome , but the other issue is something else entirely. He stated it as possible I'm not sure exactly what he means by this, but I'm guessing not diagnosed? Medical will most definetly want some extra information. Usmc I see you're from Suffolk so am I. Are you a CBPO already or still in the process?
              Last edited by Rms16; 07-13-2012, 12:41 AM.
              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Stupid question...does CBP tell you want duty station you are assigned before accepting their employment offer?

Comment

• Drug test over and done with patiently waiting for the next call...

Comment

• oh man I got called by CHS today and missed it because I was recovering from a night shift, probably scheduling a drug test...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      No need to get so irritated, I was offering some insight. If you go back and read your original post it doesn't read like you were implying it HAD been a long wait. It reads like you are still waiting. Either way with the hardest part over you most likely will get the call soon after the drug test. The turn around on the drug test is quick so you should hear back very soon. Congrats urban your almost at the finish line. Wish I was there with you haha.
                      No, not irritated, just wondering why I need to do a grammar lesson on past tense on here, lmao, drug test is done now just waiting to see how long it takes to get the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
                        I just had to fill out my medical forms. I had to disclose that I am taking medication for possible schizophrenia. I have been hospitalized twice in the past. I am 100% ok now on my medication. I also had to disclose I was in rehab for alcohol. Will any of this disqualify me from the process?
                        Yea thats going to be an automatic DQ, someone correct me if I am wrong but if you are a diagnosed mental patient who has been on an evaluation hold you cant even own a firearm so there is no way you could be come an officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by urbancommando View Post
                          Yea thats going to be an automatic DQ, someone correct me if I am wrong but if you are a diagnosed mental patient who has been on an evaluation hold you cant even own a firearm so there is no way you could be come an officer.
                          Umm, yeah, thats a DQ. But not a real post anyway..

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                            Yeah, ask the rest of the people here about Fridays dogs...lol
                            Very curious now. Friday's dogs?
                            Written exam: 3/26/12
                            NOR: 4/2/12
                            TSL: 5/25/12
                            PFT1: 6/19/12 Cleared
                            Medical exam: 8/30/12 Cleared
                            VBT/SI: 8/1/12 Cleared
                            Poly: Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by urbancommando View Post
                              No, not irritated, just wondering why I need to do a grammar lesson on past tense on here, lmao, drug test is done now just waiting to see how long it takes to get the call.
                              No grammar lesson here, bc I am the absolute last person you would want a grammar lesson from lmao. Shouldn't be long like you said probably mid August.
                              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

Last edited by Peoplepeople; 07-16-2012, 07:00 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4710 users online. 322 members and 4388 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X