Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNVRMAN View Post
    Yoda,
    What are the shift times and port hours at your port (Port Canaveral)? I am EODing there on 8/13 and coming from BP in AZ. How is the moral and seniority at the port? Thanks for any assistance you provide.
    PM sent...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
      How long is the background good for?
      12 months from the day it clears while waiting to be hired... Good for 5 years after you get hired.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Anyone else EOD Aug 13 and FLETC Sept 12?
        Also, how is the work at Rio Grande City? I chose it over Pharr POE because I have only heard good things about that POE. Can anyone chime in?

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
          Yeah I met my background investigator on 6/6/11. But once it leaves from the background investigator it doesn't go automatically to your adjudicator. I want to know an average time it takes the adjudicator, once in their face, to finish a case.
          My BI got assigned to an adjudicator sometime in Oct, I'm still waiting. Most won't know when they got assigned to an adjudicator. There is no exact science to the BI. Every case is different,the adjudicator may even call you with more questions. Believe me I wish there was a set time that an adjudicator would have your BI. Atleast we would have a timeline for what is the longest part of the process.
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
            I think he said that bc you stated in the previous post that you're still waiting on your BI to clear. Everybody is different so you may get the call in mid August, but if your BI is still not cleared yet it probably won't happen. You never know though this process is very unpredictable. I hope we are wrong though and you get the call.
            Actually the post implied that it HAD been a long time waiting for my BI to clear, meaning it had cleared, the drug test is the last thing I need done.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
              So now my medical went pending again. It now says, "you have been sent a letter requesting additional medical information". Has anyone else got this message before?
              Yes they found something in your medical that needs clarified, they will send you a packet requesting a doctors evaluation and waiver, I had 2 issues, a recently broken hand and a blood condition that I had as a youth that corrected itself when I was a teenager, so i had to get a strength test done and blood work showing everything was okay.

Comment

• For those already in CBP: on a scale from 1 to 10; ten being the highest, how phisically active is your job right now? and on the same scale; how often do situations force you to think aoutside the box?

Comment

• Originally posted by urbancommando View Post
                  Yes they found something in your medical that needs clarified, they will send you a packet requesting a doctors evaluation and waiver, I had 2 issues, a recently broken hand and a blood condition that I had as a youth that corrected itself when I was a teenager, so i had to get a strength test done and blood work showing everything was okay.
                  Oh ok thank you urban commando. Yea I recently went to the ER because I thought that I had fractured my sternum but it only turned out to be a bruise. I guess they dont believe me that it was only a bruise haha so they want a dr to sign off on some papers. Do you know if they email, mail, or fed ex the packet?

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                    WOOHOO, first green check! along with "COMPLETED"... yet still so much more to still go, a nice surprise to see on a tuesday for cass update.
                    Dont get so hype so quick. I've been waiting since Jan2009. At times it seems as if things were moving and then there was a sudden stop that dragged on, then things pick up again and the slow down. I am still waiting for my BI to clear.
                    Last edited by lmbb; 07-11-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Guys,

I'd really appreciate all the help, but I have a few more questions:

How do you guys put up with the exhaust fumes from vehicles and the really poor communities near your POE? That's mainly the reason why I don't want to work for the SWB. Hell, I even find some of the living areas in AZ depressing.

Are there any other geographical regions besides the east coast that wouldn't be hard to get, like central, midwest, and west coast POEs?

Also, are there any POEs in the SWB where your duties are performed in an airport instead of border checks? I may reconsider if it's possible to choose a POE working in an airport on the SWB. If so, which are they?

Thank you
                      CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                      02/28/14-TSL Received
                      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                      07/01/14-VBT/SI
                      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                      07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• I can't believe they don't offer Fitness Tests Part 2 in New York or the entire North East for that matter!
                        CBPO
                        Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
                        NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
                        TSL1- 5/25/12
                        TSL2 - 5/30/12
                        e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
                        Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
                        PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
                        VBT -
                        S.I. -
                        Medical - 7/13/12
                        Drug Test -
                        B.I. - In Security Office
                        PFT2 -
                        EOD -
                        $$$

Comment

• Just got schedule for my drug test for tomorrow afternoon

Comment

• I think this is the end for me. I have no way to pay for my additional medical that is needed by July 22nd. I was able to get an appointment with the VA but they can't see me until August. I sent an email to DHS hoping they will grant me an extension, but I don't have much hope for that.
                            CBPO:
                            Test Date: 3/26/2012
                            NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                            NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                            TSL: 4/27/2012
                            PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                            Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                            VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                            Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                            Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                              Dont get so hype so quick. I've been waiting since Jan2009. At times it seems as if things were moving and then there was a sudden stop that dragged on, then things pick up again and the slow down. I am still waiting for my BI to clear.
                              it was more of a first accomplishment in the process, i know it moves slow and that is why i said i still have a long way to go. just shows some progress, trust me i am in no rush, one day at a time.
                              Last edited by breachnclear; 07-11-2012, 01:42 PM. Reason: terrible grammer and spelling... haha
                              CBPO
                              App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                              Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                              ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                              APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                              PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                              Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                              Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Just finished scheduling my pft1 for the 16th. I checked cass yesterday & it says that my interview has been scheduled but I have no idea when it is.. Am I supposed to receive something in the mail or even an e-mail notifying me of the date?
                                CBPO 18-11
                                Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
                                5/04/18: Exam
                                5/09/18: NOR
                                6/29/18: Fitness Test
                                6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
                                7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
                                7/05/18: Medical Cleared
                                7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
                                8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
                                8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
                                8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
                                8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
                                3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11731 users online. 253 members and 11478 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X