300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
    How long "estimate," does it take your background to clear when your adjudicator tells you that they are working on your case?
    it all depends on your background. My background took 11 months to clear from the day i met with the investigator.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
      it all depends on your background. My background took 11 months to clear from the day i met with the investigator.
      Yeah I met my background investigator on 6/6/11. But once it leaves from the background investigator it doesn't go automatically to your adjudicator. I want to know an average time it takes the adjudicator, once in their face, to finish a case.
      CBPO
      Geo Pref:Georgia
      NOR:3/07
      T.O:10/08
      1st TSU:6/09
      2nd Fitness test:11/09
      Credit pulled:4/10
      2nd TSU:5/10
      2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
      2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
      2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
      All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• WOOHOO, first green check! along with "COMPLETED"... yet still so much more to still go, a nice surprise to see on a tuesday for cass update.
        CBPO
        App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
        Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
        ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
        APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
        PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
        Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
        Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
          Stupid question...what's the difference between CBPO and BPA?
          I guess you need to tune into boarder wars on nat geo

Comment

• Question about the test; is the best study guide verions from the website the one that's 62 pages long, and has the logical reasoning, math, and grammar practice questions?

I really need to brush up on my arithemetics. I can answer like 4 or 5 out of the 6 math questions.

I'm applying for anywhere but the SW border. I have a degree and internship under my belt, and yes, I know it'll be harder to get hired on the east coast than the SW border.
            Last edited by cur679; 07-10-2012, 01:29 PM.
            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
            02/28/14-TSL Received
            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
            07/01/14-VBT/SI
            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
              Question about the test; is the best study guide verions from the website the one that's 62 pages long, and has the logical reasoning, math, and grammar practice questions?

I really need to brush up on my arithemetics. I can answer like 4 or 5 out of the 6 math questions.

I'm applying for anywhere but the SW border. I have a degree and internship under my belt, and yes, I know it'll be harder to get hired on the east coast than the SW border.

I solely used the study guide provided by CBP and it seemed appropriate. As for being hired for the east coast, as long as you're prepared to potentially wait a long time you should be good to go. I'm going on over a year and a half in the process for the Northeast so far and I expect to go at least another year and a half if I'm lucky enough to get a final offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
                What did everyone think about Border Wars last night?
                It's a great show it gives you an in depth look at what really goes on at the boarder on a daily basis from dealing with human smuggling, drug trafficking, people trying to cross with fake documents to dealing with the Mexican Cartel it all happens on that show real life situations, recommend this show to anyone going to the southwest boarder states

Comment

• I solely used the study guide provided by CBP and it seemed appropriate. As for being hired for the east coast, as long as you're prepared to potentially wait a long time you should be good to go. I'm going on over a year and a half in the process for the Northeast so far and I expect to go at least another year and a half if I'm lucky enough to get a final offer.

Damn, dude. I'm looking into Tampa, Whatever desirable locations in N.C. and GA. Maybe I just won't bother to apply for the job.
                  CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                  02/28/14-TSL Received
                  03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                  07/01/14-VBT/SI
                  07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                  07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• I know this was answered already and like and idiot I did not copy down the info. Does anyone have the number to IA? I want to call and see where they are with my BI. I haven't met a BI investigator yet and submitted my docs in March. I did my poly and the examiner told me I passed. All I am waiting is for the quality control guys and the poly adjudicator to confirm the results.

Comment

• I met my background investigator 365 days ago. It's still pending. I figure I'm either going to get a job offer or a call for my second investigation soon.
                      Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                        I guess you need to tune into boarder wars on nat geo
                        The correct word is BORDER not boarder.

FB

Comment

• WOOHOO, first green check! along with "COMPLETED"... yet still so much more to still go, a nice surprise to see on a tuesday for cass update.
                          - B&C
                          x2. It feels good.
                          App. 7.2011
                          Test 7.2011
                          N.O.R. 9.2011
                          TSL1 MAY-2012
                          TSL2 May-2012
                          B.I. -In Security Office
                          PFT1-June-Passed-2012
                          Medical - July-2012
                          VBT/SI - July-2012

Comment

• Yoda,
                            What are the shift times and port hours at your port (Port Canaveral)? I am EODing there on 8/13 and coming from BP in AZ. How is the moral and seniority at the port? Thanks for any assistance you provide.

Comment

• The topic of transfers comes up in the thread often so I thought this would be of some interest. The following was posted recently:

Assistant Commissioner’s Message: National Reassignment Opportunity Bulletin
                              (07/06/2012)
                              In accordance with the National Collective Bargaining Agreement (Article 39), CBP has developed an annual national reassignment process for eligible Office of Field Operations (OFO) employees. I am pleased to announce that this process is moving forward with the first reassignment offers scheduled to go out to CBP officers next week. As those offers are accepted, CBP will evaluate the impact on gaining and losing offices and initiate additional rounds of offers. I would like to express OFO’s commitment to this new procedure. It will be our primary method for making lateral reassignments to relocate employees to their preferred locations and a tool to balance resources across the nation.
                              For those interested this is a link to the CBPO contract.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/..._agreement.pdf

FB

Comment

• How long is the background good for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13116 users online. 485 members and 12631 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X