Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...I didn't pass the VBT. It kills me that they don't tell you what you did wrong. I thought it went very well. I never really have failed anything, so it sucks.

I guess they reviewed it immediately because I did not do the SI. They didn't tell me I failed until I received the letter in the mail. I can still log into CASS though.

Anyways, I'm done crying. I wish everyone the best and once you do make it, be vigilant in defending our country and don't take any shortcuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iuckypunk View Post
      Well...I didn't pass the VBT. It kills me that they don't tell you what you did wrong. I thought it went very well. I never really have failed anything, so it sucks.

I guess they reviewed it immediately because I did not do the SI. They didn't tell me I failed until I received the letter in the mail. I can still log into CASS though.

Anyways, I'm done crying. I wish everyone the best and once you do make it, be vigilant in defending our country and don't take any shortcuts.
      sorry to hear, good luck
      CBPO
      App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
      Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
      ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
      APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
      PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
      Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
      Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• I'm taking the written exam soon. I'm not a great test taker. Wish me luck guys/gals!

Comment

• Hello everyone! I just got my EOD date. Ill be heading to calexico. I was told that I would be at the duty station for a month before I head to the academy. Does anybody know what kind of stuff you do for that month before heading to the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
            fter 2 weeks of my 1st poly, they told me that i need to retake the poly and after 1 month of my 2nd poly and i still hear nth from them..
            Supposedly no news is good news. I haven't heard anything since 5 1/2 weeks after the poly.
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by 68WCBP View Post
              Hello forum. I have been reading this forum for years. I lurked in the NYPD and CBPO threads for what seems like an eternity. To make a long story short, I am in pre-academy training for CBPO down in El Paso. I am originally from NY. I am a December 2010 test taker, and hit about every bump this process can throw at you. So if I can be of any assistance, I'll try to be. Good luck everyone.
              Can you drive up to Minneapolis and call me and offer me an EOD please?...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                Boarder Wars on Nat Geo really good show
                new border wars starts tomorrow 7/9/12.....
                CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                  new border wars starts tomorrow 7/9/12.....
                  What is that season 4?
                  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Iuckypunk View Post
                    Well...I didn't pass the VBT. It kills me that they don't tell you what you did wrong. I thought it went very well. I never really have failed anything, so it sucks.

Sorry to hear that. It's the only thing I'm worried about In this process.

Comment

• yes i believe its season 4
                      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by RednBlack View Post
                        Hello everyone! I just got my EOD date. Ill be heading to calexico. I was told that I would be at the duty station for a month before I head to the academy. Does anybody know what kind of stuff you do for that month before heading to the academy?
                        Congrats, you been told correct. you do a 4 week pre-academy ( could ne longer) at your port. i'm currently going on week 3 of 4 at buffalo ny. First day is port tours,paperwork, maybe meet port director or assistant. you will your oth of office, then the next few weeks will be alot of wbt-web based training (also called -vlc) taeek or so will be ke a few tests, firearms review, and then last will be your port observation. pretty much shadowing other officers or working with other training officers. Pre-academy training was created to give the new officers a feel or understanding of what the job is like. then after academy you will have 34 more weeks of post academy training. good luck
                        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilDog22 View Post
                          Sorry to hear that. It's the only thing I'm worried about In this process.
                          VBT is easy. Just use common sense. They want to see if you're someone who is stern yet polite and professional (at least that's what I think). If you should worry about anything I think it's the polygraph (worse part in the pre-employment process by far). 5 hours of scrutiny and judgement of your personal integrity and honesty while at the same time not being told what your thought of is harsh in my opinion. Then again this whole process can be harsh especially when knowing that your life is on the "VBT" line or the "poly" line or PFT2 w/e. At any point your application can be thrown out. Take it for what it's worth and know that God is in control. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
                          Last edited by IamWolf; 07-08-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Anthony30 thanks for the info... a bit nervous and excited about the opportunity. Hopefully I'll see you at the academy. Good Luck!

Comment

• Hi everyone! I was trying to do some research on some of the cities that might be possible destinations for me. That way, if I do get the call (even though it won't be for a while) I'll be ready and able to make a decision just in case I get a few choices. Does anyone know where a complete list can be found? I was able to find this: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/or/ which is a page for Oregon; but is that really all of them? All of the states can be found here: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/
                              But again, I was unsure if this was really a complete list. Thanks to anyone who can help me out!
                              CBPO
                              Geo: West Coast
                              Written Test: 4/19/12
                              NOR: 5/25/12 (100 no vet pts)
                              TSL1: 6/12/12
                              TSL2: 6/13/12
                              PFT1: 7/12/12
                              Medical: 7/24/12
                              VBT & SI: 8/21/12
                              Poly: 3/28/13
                              BI: In security office
                              Drug Test:
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Valross View Post
                                Hi everyone! I was trying to do some research on some of the cities that might be possible destinations for me. That way, if I do get the call (even though it won't be for a while) I'll be ready and able to make a decision just in case I get a few choices. Does anyone know where a complete list can be found? I was able to find this: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/or/ which is a page for Oregon; but is that really all of them? All of the states can be found here: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/
                                But again, I was unsure if this was really a complete list. Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

I would be very, very surprised if they offered a new hire any port not on those lists.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9584 users online. 490 members and 9094 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X