300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
    heart jumped again... getting the July reminder to stay in shape...
    same here, but then again i haven't earned not one green check yet!! but on another note, i could not believe that 21% of people fail the PFT1, and 13% fail the PFT2... i was a bit surprised.
    CBPO
    App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
    Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
    ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
    APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
    PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
    Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
    Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
      same here, but then again i haven't earned not one green check yet!! but on another note, i could not believe that 21% of people fail the PFT1, and 13% fail the PFT2... i was a bit surprised.
      Yeah it cracked me up reading that knowing i can pass everything with flying colors, and yet i sit here and wait on the slow government. Oh well everything will happen when it is supposed to.

Comment

• Things are starting to move along. Got 2 phone calls this week scheduling my PFT1 and VBT. Can't wait to start working towards some green checks!
        CBPO
        Geo: West Coast
        Written Test: 4/19/12
        NOR: 5/25/12 (100 no vet pts)
        TSL1: 6/12/12
        TSL2: 6/13/12
        PFT1: 7/12/12
        Medical: 7/24/12
        VBT & SI: 8/21/12
        Poly: 3/28/13
        BI: In security office
        Drug Test:
        PFT2:
        EOD:

Comment

• still waiting for the results of my pft and vbt aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh it's either this or Tempe, AZ police...and i have a feeling tempe will call first

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
            still waiting for the results of my pft and vbt aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh it's either this or Tempe, AZ police...and i have a feeling tempe will call first
            Ya, for me it's looking like this or Tucson, AZ probation. And I'm sure the Tucson one will move much quicker. But that's okay, I can still become a CBPO after I'm a PO.
            CBPO
            Drug Test:
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
              heart jumped again... getting the July reminder to stay in shape...
              same here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Valross View Post
                Ya, for me it's looking like this or Tucson, AZ probation. And I'm sure the Tucson one will move much quicker. But that's okay, I can still become a CBPO after I'm a PO.
                Are you referring to federal probation or just county/state probation? I applied for federal few months ago.

Comment

• Hello forum. I have been reading this forum for years. I lurked in the NYPD and CBPO threads for what seems like an eternity. To make a long story short, I am in pre-academy training for CBPO down in El Paso. I am originally from NY. I am a December 2010 test taker, and hit about every bump this process can throw at you. So if I can be of any assistance, I'll try to be. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• As far as the step test is concerned for PFT1, I'm a little bit confused and hope someone can answer my questions. It says that a 120 beat per minute cadence is needed over the duration of 5 minutes to pass the test, my question is how is that counted? All the pre-employment papers say is its scored as Up, Up, Down, Down. Would that be considered one beat or four?

Also, I got an email saying that either the step test or 1.5 mile run could be used? However, all the pre-employment papers strictly say Part Two of the PFT1 is solely a step test. I know I can ace the run in under 17.25 min, but wasn't sure if that was an option or not. Thanks in advance for the replies!!

Comment

• Anyone EOD to Calexico???
                      NOR: Northeast 8/29/11
                      NOR: Changed to SWB 11/16/11
                      TO: 12/30
                      Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                      Qualifications: Completed, GS-7
                      Medical Exam: Completed
                      BI: Submitted 2/23/12 Cleared 05/15/2012
                      Structured Interview: Completed
                      Fitness: Passed 3/05/12
                      Poly: 03/24/12
                      Drug Screening: Completed
                      EOD: July 2

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
                        Are you referring to federal probation or just county/state probation? I applied for federal few months ago.
                        Nah, not federal probation. I didn't have the experience necessary for that one, but I wanted to apply. I'm referring to Pima County Juvenile Probation.
                        CBPO
                        Drug Test:
                        PFT2:
                        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by DetroitSpartan View Post
                          As far as the step test is concerned for PFT1, I'm a little bit confused and hope someone can answer my questions. It says that a 120 beat per minute cadence is needed over the duration of 5 minutes to pass the test, my question is how is that counted? All the pre-employment papers say is its scored as Up, Up, Down, Down. Would that be considered one beat or four?

Also, I got an email saying that either the step test or 1.5 mile run could be used? However, all the pre-employment papers strictly say Part Two of the PFT1 is solely a step test. I know I can ace the run in under 17.25 min, but wasn't sure if that was an option or not. Thanks in advance for the replies!!

The step test is not scored, its pass or fail. Its up up, down down for 5 minutes. You will fail the test if you miss the cadence X number of times or you place your hands on your leg's or knees while conducting the test. You dont have to worry about the 1.5 mile run until you take the PFT 2. If you can ace the 1.5 mile then you should have no worries about the step test. Basically stay with the cadence for 5 minutes and you will pass. They "should" let you do the cadence a few seconds before you actually start the test, to make sure you understand exactly whats going on.
                          Test -02 April 2012
                          NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                          TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                          Qualifications - (Pending)
                          PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                          VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                          Drug Test - (pending)
                          Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                          B.I. - In security office
                          Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                          PFT2 -
                          EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by 68WCBP View Post
                            Hello forum. I have been reading this forum for years. I lurked in the NYPD and CBPO threads for what seems like an eternity. To make a long story short, I am in pre-academy training for CBPO down in El Paso. I am originally from NY. I am a December 2010 test taker, and hit about every bump this process can throw at you. So if I can be of any assistance, I'll try to be. Good luck everyone.

How is it at the Bridge of Americas? Im in el paso now and Im hoping that its one of my options when or if I get the call.
                            Test -02 April 2012
                            TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                            Drug Test - (pending)
                            PFT2 -
                            EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• So its been 3 weeks since I took the poly!, they havent called to schedule a retest nor have I received a letter in the mail saying that I failed............ Hopefully I did not just hex myself lol.
                              Test -02 April 2012
                              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                              Drug Test - (pending)
                              PFT2 -
                              EOD -

Comment

• Originally posted by socalpdcadet View Post
                                Thank you! TSU is when you successfully complete everything, your CASS will show that you are referred to the training and scheduling unit. When I got the call I was offered Otay Mesa and San Ysidro.
                                I see. Well, congrat again and good luck with the academy. Keep us posted with your update.
                                Test -1/4/11
                                NOR - 5/9/12
                                TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                                TSL 2- 5/11/12
                                Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                                PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                                VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                                Drug Test - ?
                                Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                                B.I. - ?
                                Poly- ?
                                PFT2 - ?
                                EOD - ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6781 users online. 328 members and 6453 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X