Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Independence Day everybody! If it wasn't for our forefathers we'd still be speaking that old version of English, as well as getting taxed ridiculously without fair representation- Oh, wait a minute... lol In all honesty, God bless America and our future to come.
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• has anyone failed the vbt/si then come back to retest and pass it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
        has anyone failed the vbt/si then come back to retest and pass it?
        From my understanding once you fail any portion of this process you get discontinue in the hiring process and the TLS is withdrawn don't know if this helps

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
          From my understanding once you fail any portion of this process you get discontinue in the hiring process and the TLS is withdrawn don't know if this helps
          No I know that. I mean has anyone failed teh VBT/SI then reapplied and come back to triumph and get the job? I feel like with the year ban from re-testing they purposely make you go through all the steps again.

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
            For anyone that is a current CBPO or that is in the know, how are the schedules done? Are you on a set schedule, 5 days a week, or does it rotate, and if so in what way? I read something about your days off moving by 1 day every week and then getting a long weekend off every once in a while, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Thanks!
            As Yoda said...it'll depend on the port. It'll also depend on circumstances.

I've worked countless schedules to include AWS depending on ports/locations/duties.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Everything expires and has to be re-done after the year mark with the exception of the VBT and Poly...
              Are you sure Yoda? If I remember correctly my friend didn't have to do anything again till the two year mark. Im pretty sure I remember him telling me two years after completing his fitness test he had to go again. I'm not doubting you Yoda bc I know you have been through it twice over, just hoping your wrong so I don't have to go again haha. Not that I wouldn't pass bc i train 4 or 5 times a week, but I don't want to have to wait for another green check lol
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I just dont want to do the whole medical thing again. I would hate to fail the hearing test or something simple like that after already passing and being qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                  I just dont want to do the whole medical thing again. I would hate to fail the hearing test or something simple like that after already passing and being qualified
                  I'm a little lucky with the medical...kind of. Their was a hold up with my medical so it didn't clear till around late Sept early October. My fitness however was cleared sometime in the summer. I had my med and pft1 on July 12th but non of it officially cleared till later.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Now that i think about it i had to send in a form for my lasik surgery so i didnt go green until mid august at the earliest. Maybe some more time bought. What kills me is i had my background go green in november so i dont know why that hasnt transfered yet. I know it went to IA kune 15

Comment

• Hello, everyone.

I applied for CBPO under the Veteran Age-Waiver, got approved, and went through the application process. I received a final offer for a CBPO position recently, and I was given a choice of 5 places from which to choose. Since I reside in AZ already, my choices were narrowed to Lukeville and Douglas. (MHC, told me I could call back in a few weeks to see if anything was available in Nogales, but couldn't guarantee if there would be.) But as I researched a little, I am leaning more, right now, toward Douglas. For Lukeville, I couldn't find any hotels or temp housing (I'd be doing a 3.5 hour commute there). Douglas seems a bit closer to civilization, and they do have hotels.

Are there any CBPOs out there that work these places that could tell me what may be the better choice and what to expect when I EOD in Aug?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFCopinAZ View Post
                        Hello, everyone.

I applied for CBPO under the Veteran Age-Waiver, got approved, and went through the application process. I received a final offer for a CBPO position recently, and I was given a choice of 5 places from which to choose. Since I reside in AZ already, my choices were narrowed to Lukeville and Douglas. (MHC, told me I could call back in a few weeks to see if anything was available in Nogales, but couldn't guarantee if there would be.) But as I researched a little, I am leaning more, right now, toward Douglas. For Lukeville, I couldn't find any hotels or temp housing (I'd be doing a 3.5 hour commute there). Douglas seems a bit closer to civilization, and they do have hotels.

Are there any CBPOs out there that work these places that could tell me what may be the better choice and what to expect when I EOD in Aug?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
                        Well I used to live in Sierra Vista which is about 40 miles from Douglas. Nogales is about 55 miles roughly from Sierra Vista. Sierra Vista is a decent little town to live in. Fort Huachuca (Army Base) is right there also for your commisary and medical stuff. Sierra Vista has a mall, Best Buy, IHOP, Super Walmart, Target, Olive Garden just to name a few things. I cannot tell you anything about Lukeville. If you get a chance to get Nogales, you could probably live on the East side of Tucson. I know the town of Douglas doesn't have anything there honestly. If you have a family they would be happier living in Sierra Vista or Tucson. Thats my two cents. hope it helps

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                          Are you sure Yoda? If I remember correctly my friend didn't have to do anything again till the two year mark. Im pretty sure I remember him telling me two years after completing his fitness test he had to go again. I'm not doubting you Yoda bc I know you have been through it twice over, just hoping your wrong so I don't have to go again haha. Not that I wouldn't pass bc i train 4 or 5 times a week, but I don't want to have to wait for another green check lol
                          The medical won't be as intrusive as the initial one... I did everything 3 times... Old PFT1 once and the new one twice.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Hello. I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I initially applied for SEB in Jun 11 but I switched to the SWB in Dec. Below is my timeline...thanks for all the info posted, it has all been very helpful with understanding some of the pre-employment processes.

Comment

• For those who have had Lasik done.... how long does it take for your medical to clear once they have received the 3 month evaluation form and the doctor has given you the clearance?
                              Last edited by azcactus42; 07-05-2012, 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Just got the call and accepted Otay Mesa! Pre-academy Aug13, FLETC September 12-January 25. I'm literally speechless right now!
                                BPA
                                Written (87) 11/29/10
                                NOR 12/3/10
                                TSL1 07/26/11
                                Poly 08/15/11
                                PT 08/22/11
                                Drug Test 09/02/11
                                OB 09/13/11
                                BI meeting 10/10/11
                                TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
                                Written (79) 12/07/10
                                NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
                                NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
                                TSL1 06/14/11
                                Poly 08/15/11
                                Medical and PT 08/22/11
                                VBT/SI 08/26/11
                                Drug Test 09/02/11
                                BI meeting 10/10/11
                                TSU 06/21/12
                                EOD 08/13/12
                                FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8473 users online. 292 members and 8181 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X