Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I'm new to the site here, but I've been lurking for awhile. I just had a question with regards to the VBT and other tests. I got a letter in the mail stating a date of 7/25 for the VBT, however, I have not received anything for the Med or PFT yet. I've noticed most people do those tests first, is this something I should be concerned about as in something lost in transit? Thanks for your replies and best of luck to all with this process!

Comment

• oh man did i have an interesting day today with the medical, hopefully no one else has or had the same experience as me because it was terrible. I believe i passed everything...

...but the facility was a dump, their eye chart was a printed peice of paper that was not even flush against the wall i asked the nurse to retest me because they told me i had 20/25 vision when i was just tested at my follow-up LASIK appointment last monday between 20/15-20/10 because i read some of the smaller letters on the 20/10 line. I settled for 20/20 after they held down their eye chart and straightend the creases as best they could. I felt like i was going to walk out with something funky, I am glad when they did the TB test he came in and opened the needle infront of me because i wouldnt have let him stick me with anything if i didnt see it come out of a package. the whole process took 2 1/2 hours because they kept taking every walk-in and ignored my apointment because those people would be quicker than me. not to mention they even tried to bill me and i referred them to the second or third page that said bill CHS.

I hope these people don't screw up any of the paperwork...
      sorry everyone had to vent, was a rough day.
      CBPO
      App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
      Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
      ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
      APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
      PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
      Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
      Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
        Every 2 weeks with none overtime right?

Thank you so much.
        I forgot to mention that it's also got to do with the location. Locality bumps up a little. Dont worry so much about the pay. You'll be making the money.

You'll get 15% extra for swing shifts/20% extra for midnights/50% for Sundays
        Working on federal holidays bumps up as well @double time rate.
        Last edited by sr20; 07-02-2012, 09:27 PM.
        TSU - 8/28/09
        TO - 3/2009
        On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          Sorry, by one has nothing to do with the other. I can see why you would think that though, being it came right after. My qual's were the last thing to clear. Their is no method to there madness lol. Dont worry though you will get notice about the VBT/SI soon. I kno thr waiting can be brutal sometimes. Just check out my timeline haha.
          Thank you Rms16. I did the test at the same time as you, but I didn't want to switch from West Coast to SWB until I reapplied this part April, some I guess we still have "similar" timeline, lol... But how come it took you so long? I know some people who took the test with us already went to academy, or have graduated from the academy. Did anything hold you back??

Anyways, thanks to everyone who responded.. Tomorrow is Tuesday again, now Tuesday is actually actually an exciting day, especially first thing in the morning when we wake up to check on CASS, haha.
          Test -1/4/11
          NOR - 5/9/12
          TSL 1 - 5/10/12
          TSL 2- 5/11/12
          Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
          PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
          VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
          Drug Test - ?
          Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
          B.I. - ?
          Poly- ?
          PFT2 - ?
          EOD - ?

Comment

• Does CBP have offices in New York City?

Comment

• Yeah, there are offices.

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                I forgot to mention that it's also got to do with the location. Locality bumps up a little. Dont worry so much about the pay. You'll be making the money.

You'll get 15% extra for swing shifts/20% extra for midnights/50% for Sundays
                Working on federal holidays bumps up as well @double time rate.
                Thank you so much sr20.
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:12/10
                TSl: 5/11
                Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                Met BI:1/12
                VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                Qual:cleared 3/12
                Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• This question is for those prior military that are now CBP: In the CBP/US Customs workforce can I expect the same type of camaraderie/brotherhood as in the military? You know that sense of closeness that goes beyond your traditional community and beyond work partners or is it just like the civilian workforce?

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                    This question is for those prior military that are now CBP: In the CBP/US Customs workforce can I expect the same type of camaraderie/brotherhood as in the military? You know that sense of closeness that goes beyond your traditional community and beyond work partners or is it just like the civilian workforce?
                    Nothing like it....
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Its probably safe to assume that getting assigned to an office in New York City is a one in a million chance, right?

Also, what's the average hiring time length? Thanks guys/gals!

Comment

• Thanks Yoda....

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                          This question is for those prior military that are now CBP: In the CBP/US Customs workforce can I expect the same type of camaraderie/brotherhood as in the military? You know that sense of closeness that goes beyond your traditional community and beyond work partners or is it just like the civilian workforce?
                          If you want that stay in the military, it's not even close out here. I miss that the most.

Comment

• DD22: I thought so but I asked anyways. Well that's the price we pay.......

Comment

• Originally posted by allandchen View Post
                              Thank you Rms16. I did the test at the same time as you, but I didn't want to switch from West Coast to SWB until I reapplied this part April, some I guess we still have "similar" timeline, lol... But how come it took you so long? I know some people who took the test with us already went to academy, or have graduated from the academy. Did anything hold you back??

Anyways, thanks to everyone who responded.. Tomorrow is Tuesday again, now Tuesday is actually actually an exciting day, especially first thing in the morning when we wake up to check on CASS, haha.
                              There are actually quite a few of us 12/10 testers left. Their are a ton of variables that can slow someone down. Its usually the BI that slows everybody down. Most my steps were green by six months. My BI on the other hand is still pending. I have what equates to a small village of family in Argentina and Canada, which is probably slowing me down. Also you get through quicker if you take the poly bc you end up with an interim clearance. Hopefully my BI clears soon though.
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                                There are actually quite a few of us 12/10 testers left. Their are a ton of variables that can slow someone down. Its usually the BI that slows everybody down. Most my steps were green by six months. My BI on the other hand is still pending. I have what equates to a small village of family in Argentina and Canada, which is probably slowing me down. Also you get through quicker if you take the poly bc you end up with an interim clearance. Hopefully my BI clears soon though.
                                I must agree. I first apply back in 01/2009. My BI has not clear yet. Is probably being affected by my different travels and schooling in other country....Have to be patient.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8779 users online. 218 members and 8561 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X