300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey gbeck,
    where is your geo location? all i know is you got to have patience. it took me over 4 years to get the call for buffalo ny. i just finished my first wk of pre-academy and it went well.
    As far as state police, they are just coming off a hiring freeze but they are trying to get the ball rolling now and soon they should be doing interviews, academy sessions etc... i know is frustrating but 1it will all pay off in the long run... anthony
    CBPO

Comment

• Anthony30, yoda, Waterpistola, etc... thanks for all of your comments. Anthony, the geo location I signed up when I initially took my exam was the port in St. Thomas, USVI. I live in Syracuse, NY and when I took the exam, the only NY area available on the list was JFK which I didn't want to do. I would love to be in Buffalo! If I ever get in and if you feel like going to St. Thomas, maybe we can swap But, in all seriousness, I'd like to stay in NY but I won't change my geo pref. because I know it'll probably just keep me waiting even longer. Also, not sure if you have any college debt/student loans or anything but I just read an article a few weeks ago that the city of Niagara Falls was offering to pay up to $7,000/yr of a person's student loans in order to attract more younger people to the area of Niagara Falls and Buffalo. So, once you finish your time in FLETC and head back... if you have student loans you might be able to qualify. As for the State Police, thanks for the info. I know it's been a while since they've done any hiring either. I feel less discouraged today than I did yesterday. Best of luck to you all as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
        Anthony30, yoda, Waterpistola, etc... thanks for all of your comments. Anthony, the geo location I signed up when I initially took my exam was the port in St. Thomas, USVI. I live in Syracuse, NY and when I took the exam, the only NY area available on the list was JFK which I didn't want to do. I would love to be in Buffalo! If I ever get in and if you feel like going to St. Thomas, maybe we can swap But, in all seriousness, I'd like to stay in NY but I won't change my geo pref. because I know it'll probably just keep me waiting even longer. Also, not sure if you have any college debt/student loans or anything but I just read an article a few weeks ago that the city of Niagara Falls was offering to pay up to $7,000/yr of a person's student loans in order to attract more younger people to the area of Niagara Falls and Buffalo. So, once you finish your time in FLETC and head back... if you have student loans you might be able to qualify. As for the State Police, thanks for the info. I know it's been a while since they've done any hiring either. I feel less discouraged today than I did yesterday. Best of luck to you all as well.
        Doesn't CBP have a federal loan payback policy?
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
          Doesn't CBP have a federal loan payback policy?
          Yes, but it is currently unfunded so it is not available.

FB

Comment

• Passed the PTF2 friday!! Start in El Paso on July 17 . Any advice for a newby?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thor86 View Post
              Passed the PTF2 friday!! Start in El Paso on July 17 . Any advice for a newby?
              Congratulation

Comment

• I have a question. I took the test in march and scored 94,,,my geo preference is Central East Coast which includes Dulles, Newark, JFK and I believe NC as well. Well my question is: do I stand a chance of receiving a TSL for that region? I dont mind waiting 3-4 years but I also know that NOR without TSL doesnt mean much.

Comment

• I read on cbp announcement Cbpo12-1a that they are in critical need of females . Im a female does anyone know what my chances are ? My test score was 76 thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Svelez View Post
                    I read on cbp announcement Cbpo12-1a that they are in critical need of females . Im a female does anyone know what my chances are ? My test score was 76 thank you
                    You will not be picked up before someone that scored higher than you just because you're a female...
                    TSL/TO's are sent out by score not by gender or race... if it were the agency will be susceptible to EEO lawsuits.
                    With this being said, if you applied to the SWB, you stand a chance of being picked up at some point.

Best of Luck!
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Does anyone know the class start dates, and what classes are coming up that need to be filled? Also if anyone has received "The Call" for SWB if Brownsville, Rio Grande City, Progreso, Hidalgo, are still being offered.

Comment

• Have a quick question for those who received a letter from CBP after having the VBT/SI. I had my VBT/SI this past Wednesday and on Saturday, I received a letter from CBP asking me to check the status on CASS. Also on the letter it also mentioned that I qualified from GS-7, do people get this letter after VBT/SI? Or is this just a coincidence? Want to know if this actually means I passed my VBT/SI. Thanks.
                        Test -1/4/11
                        NOR - 5/9/12
                        TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                        TSL 2- 5/11/12
                        Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                        PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                        VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                        Drug Test - ?
                        Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                        B.I. - ?
                        Poly- ?
                        PFT2 - ?
                        EOD - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          You will not be picked up before someone that scored higher than you just because you're a female...
                          TSL/TO's are sent out by score not by gender or race... if it were the agency will be susceptible to EEO lawsuits.
                          With this being said, if you applied to the SWB, you stand a chance of being picked

Best of Luck!

Female CBP Officers are in high demand for the processing female travelers that are detained, interrogated and/or deported. Therefore, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management has granted CBP an exception to Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 332, Section 332.407 which authorizes the targeted recruitment of female officers in locations experiencing a critical need.

This is posted on the anouncement ,that is why i asked

Comment

• Originally posted by Svelez View Post
                            Female CBP Officers are in high demand for the processing female travelers that are detained, interrogated and/or deported. Therefore, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management has granted CBP an exception to Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 332, Section 332.407 which authorizes the targeted recruitment of female officers in locations experiencing a critical need.

This is posted on the anouncement ,that is why i asked
                            If that is the case then the ENTIRE U.S. and its territories that have CBP presence would be "critical needs"...
                            The problem falls under passing physical standards... where the little females we attract fail.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              If that is the case then the ENTIRE U.S. and its territories that have CBP presence would be "critical needs"...
                              The problem falls under passing physical standards... where the little females we attract fail.
                              Explain what you mean when you said litte females?

Comment

• Originally posted by allandchen View Post
                                Have a quick question for those who received a letter from CBP after having the VBT/SI. I had my VBT/SI this past Wednesday and on Saturday, I received a letter from CBP asking me to check the status on CASS. Also on the letter it also mentioned that I qualified from GS-7, do people get this letter after VBT/SI? Or is this just a coincidence? Want to know if this actually means I passed my VBT/SI. Thanks.
                                That letter is not regarding your VBT/SI, its informing you have been found eligible for GS-7. Check CASS on Tuesday or by Thursday the latest you should have a green check next to your qual. You should receive another letter regarding your VBT/SI.
                                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                                Score:9X.XX%
                                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12762 users online. 480 members and 12282 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X