300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svelez View Post
    Gracias si recibes algo dejame saber para yo estar pendiente. Me podrias decir como yo cambip el
    Geo para el sw y q estados son los q cubre esa zona?
    Enviale un email al [email protected]
    En el subject escribe: geographic change
    Y en el contenido escribe: I (tu nombre completo), S.S.# (xxx-xx-xxxx) would like to change my geographical location from florida and the caribbean to the south western border.
    Asi fue como yo lo hise y en 4dias yo recieve un nuevo NOR del SWB.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.FLORES View Post
      Enviale un email al [email protected]
      En el subject escribe: geographic change
      Y en el contenido escribe: I (tu nombre completo), S.S.# (xxx-xx-xxxx) would like to change my geographical location from florida and the caribbean to the south western border.
      Asi fue como yo lo hise y en 4dias yo recieve un nuevo NOR del SWB.

Gracias!!!!

Comment

• OT is generally assigned by low OT earner on (a) port-wide list(s). Since a GS-05 makes less than half of what a GS-12 makes, it usually comes about that for the first few years a person needs to work many hours of OT to lift themselves far off the floor of a call-out list.

Comment

Does anyone here took
          The cbp test on april 27 2012 and pass? Did they call you , or send and email or letter? I pass the test and upload the require documents , but as it today nothing, no call , email or letter. Can someone tell me what is next?
          My friend one word: patience. I know how it feels, after I took the test and heard nothing for months I was worried. But you just have to realize the hiring process, especially the first part takes for friggin' ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
            So today I get an email from the Medical Review Unit, telling me that I need to go and see my doctor and have him fill out all of this paperwork because I wrote down that I have headaches about once a month...... What a joke!!!! Not a migraine, a simple headache smh..... I already have an appointment with my doctor to get this fixed but this is making me realize how much of a joke this whole hiring process is!
            Oh man, working in the medical industry i could of told you in this case less is more, I'm not saying lie or anything but if it's minor probably don't mention it. Any comment you make will be over-analysed by the MDs.

EDIT: Hey also, does anyone know if i get through most of my hiring process in one geo, and then switch it will i have to start over?
            Last edited by weekend_warrior; 07-01-2012, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by irmalaso View Post
              Thank you for your kind words, I am kind of disappointed after that because I only have 1.25 in one eye and 1.50 int the other, so I was totally surprised with the results of the vision test... anyways I will go to my poly next friday and maybe in a near fIuture I'll get the lasik... Let's see what happens...
              My contact lenses are -1.50 also. I had a bad Uncorrected vision as well but they sent me a form to bring to my own eye doctor so that he could check me again. He said my vision was 20/60 Uncorrected and signed Off on it. Did u get a form in the mail like that?
              San Ysidro, CA
              EOD: 7/16/2012
              FLETC: 8/17/2012-12/31/2012

Comment

• I was originally sent to TSU and referred to the scheduling unit in early 2009. Eventually, my background investigation expired and so did everything else and I had to have it all redone for a 2nd time. I just happened to check the CASS system to see if I had been dropped or something since still no calls. I saw on the CASS system that my "referred to scheduling unit date" changed from early 2009 to March of 2012. ??!!! That's 3 years later than when I was first cleared. My question is... when being selected will they still use my first TSU date before everything expired or now will they go by the 2nd date... 3 years later? I'm a 2008 tester and applied under an announcement that listed the port I selected as a "critically understaffed" port. Frustrated.

On a side note, also in 2008, I had taken an entry exam for the New York State Police. So much time had passed before I heard anything, I forgot about it. A few months ago I received a canvass letter from the NYSP and I was elated. Something finally seemed to look good for me. Months have passed again, and I've heard nothing from them either since I received the canvass letter and all of the physical testing was supposed to be scheduled for June of 2012. It's now July... and, again, hopes dashed. It was almost taunting! I take these exams... only to wait and wait for years.

I have a 4 year degree... I'm eager to work, have a clean background history, intelligent, independent, always punctual and usually have a positive attitude but nothing seems to pan out! I find it so frustrating. Meanwhile, I've been stuck working night shifts at the post office sorting mail and it's sucking the life out of me.

Really sorry for the rant... but I just need to voice my frustrations. Anyone in the same boat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                  I was originally sent to TSU and referred to the scheduling unit in early 2009. Eventually, my background investigation expired and so did everything else and I had to have it all redone for a 2nd time. I just happened to check the CASS system to see if I had been dropped or something since still no calls. I saw on the CASS system that my "referred to scheduling unit date" changed from early 2009 to March of 2012. ??!!! That's 3 years later than when I was first cleared. My question is... when being selected will they still use my first TSU date before everything expired or now will they go by the 2nd date... 3 years later? I'm a 2008 tester and applied under an announcement that listed the port I selected as a "critically understaffed" port. Frustrated.

On a side note, also in 2008, I had taken an entry exam for the New York State Police. So much time had passed before I heard anything, I forgot about it. A few months ago I received a canvass letter from the NYSP and I was elated. Something finally seemed to look good for me. Months have passed again, and I've heard nothing from them either since I received the canvass letter and all of the physical testing was supposed to be scheduled for June of 2012. It's now July... and, again, hopes dashed. It was almost taunting! I take these exams... only to wait and wait for years.

I have a 4 year degree... I'm eager to work, have a clean background history, intelligent, independent, always punctual and usually have a positive attitude but nothing seems to pan out! I find it so frustrating. Meanwhile, I've been stuck working night shifts at the post office sorting mail and it's sucking the life out of me.

Really sorry for the rant... but I just need to voice my frustrations. Anyone in the same boat?
                  Sometimes things doesn't always go your way or at the pace you would like it to go but you can't give up hope, maybe you need to pray and talk to God let him know what's going on in your life, ask for his blessing you going to have to be very passionate when talking to him and don't get frustrated if your prayer don't get answer overnight because then you are talking to him for the wrong reasons just stick with it and the results will come just keep talking to him, ever since I have found this new love for God things been great for me not perfect but great.

This pray sometimes help before doing just about everything important that I
                  need to do and it's been working.....

Prayer*of Jabez

And Jabez made a prayer to the God of Israel, saying, If only you would truly give me a blessing, and make wider the limits of my land, and let your hand be with me, and keep me from evil, so that I may not be troubled by it! And God gave him his desire.

Comment

76 no vet pts and geo fl
                    Your best bet would be to switch to SWB in my opinion. The TSLs go out in score order. Anyone with a higher test score would get a TSL first in your geo region. Just email MHC and request that you switch to SWB. You should get a new NOR stating your score and GEO pref is now the SWB. I would also call them around a week after sending the email request to ensure they received it. Sometimes things get lost in the inbox.

SWB covers Southern Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Southern CAL. If you are married ensure your spouse will be willing to move to the area. Some places are remote and desolate. But it is your best chance to get your foot in the door.

Comment

• Good Luck to All!

Hello to everyone and thank you too! I'm very glad to have stumbled upon his forum. It has been very helpful and insightful. I took the test on April 21st 2012 and received my NOR on May 25th with a score of 76. Quite honestly, I should have scored better. I spent so much time studying logical reasoning that I ignored the math. Unfortunately, nothing I can do now except move forward and be positive. My geographic preference is the west coast however, it seems all the movement is in the SWB. I can be patient for the west coast but I believe my score will dictate a very long waiting period. Will changing my geographic position to the SWB speed up the process? The SWB is not somewhere I would like to be, but to get my foot in the door and start a career is something I truly yearn for. My daughter is only a few weeks old and my wife is very supportive. Do I roll the dice in hopes of speeding up the hiring process and later transferring to the west coast or just be patient? The baby is young enough to where moving around will not be stressful on her and financially I have a small business that is somewhat profitable in the stagnant economy any input would be appreciated!

Comment

I was originally sent to TSU and referred to the scheduling unit in early 2009. Eventually, my background investigation expired and so did everything else and I had to have it all redone for a 2nd time. I just happened to check the CASS system to see if I had been dropped or something since still no calls. I saw on the CASS system that my "referred to scheduling unit date" changed from early 2009 to March of 2012. ??!!! That's 3 years later than when I was first cleared. My question is... when being selected will they still use my first TSU date before everything expired or now will they go by the 2nd date... 3 years later? I'm a 2008 tester and applied under an announcement that listed the port I selected as a "critically understaffed" port. Frustrated.

I hear you... the last year plus has been extremely rough for job prospects for myself. Just keep plugging away.

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
                          Oh man, working in the medical industry i could of told you in this case less is more, I'm not saying lie or anything but if it's minor probably don't mention it. Any comment you make will be over-analysed by the MDs.

EDIT: Hey also, does anyone know if i get through most of my hiring process in one geo, and then switch it will i have to start over?
                          yeah, I made this mistake as well...I said I get anxious from time to time and that resulted in me receiving a packet to be completed by a psychologist. I have never seen a psychologist in my life. I learned the hard way. Luckily after speaking with CBP Medical, they said just write a statement saying I made a mistake filling out the medical packet.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasq21 View Post
                            Hello to everyone and thank you too! I'm very glad to have stumbled upon his forum. It has been very helpful and insightful. I took the test on April 21st 2012 and received my NOR on May 25th with a score of 76. Quite honestly, I should have scored better. I spent so much time studying logical reasoning that I ignored the math. Unfortunately, nothing I can do now except move forward and be positive. My geographic preference is the west coast however, it seems all the movement is in the SWB. I can be patient for the west coast but I believe my score will dictate a very long waiting period. Will changing my geographic position to the SWB speed up the process? The SWB is not somewhere I would like to be, but to get my foot in the door and start a career is something I truly yearn for. My daughter is only a few weeks old and my wife is very supportive. Do I roll the dice in hopes of speeding up the hiring process and later transferring to the west coast or just be patient? The baby is young enough to where moving around will not be stressful on her and financially I have a small business that is somewhat profitable in the stagnant economy any input would be appreciated!
                            My best advice is to re-test if you can to get a better score... selecting SWB just to get in is the WRONG thing to do. You will get in quick, but won't be able to move for at least 5 years down the road if you're lucky... Go for the geo you want and wait patiently, but do re-test because with a score in the 70's you might see a TSL/TO...if you do then you're lucky, but most likely you wont.

Best of Luck!
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Other than your username here... (G-BECK) I don't see you having any problems... LOL
                              On a serious note, your TSU date has nothing to do with selection... it is your TO/Certificate date which it seems to be from 2008, if you didn't change GEO's from then to now, so with all green you'll be in the front of the line for job offers... if there are few 2008 testers in that line that is.

Hopefully you'll get the call soon...
                              Best of Luck!
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                My best advice is to re-test if you can to get a better score... selecting SWB just to get in is the WRONG thing to do. You will get in quick, but won't be able to move for at least 5 years down the road if you're lucky... Go for the geo you want and wait patiently, but do re-test because with a score in the 70's you might see a TSL/TO...if you do then you're lucky, but most likely you wont.

Best of Luck!
                                Furthermore, it depends on your definition of "getting in quickly" I reapplied to the SWB on the first Email received and I'm two months away from the one year mark. I never imagined that "quick" would be one year or possibly more.
                                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9509 users online. 278 members and 9231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X