300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by irmalaso View Post
    So I guess it is the end of the road for me too got my medical done but my vision was 20/200 from far, I didnt know I was that blind, but I guess I am... Such I shame that I got the call for the poly already and I did my vbt already...

So my question is if I get DQ for my vision and I get LASIK do I have to start the process all over???
    You dont have to start over. I had my Lasik done 3 months ago. Today was my 3 month checkup and the doctor cleared me to go. As soon as my BI and Medical clear, I should be good to go. CBP just sends you a form that the doctor has to fill out 3 months after your vision correction surgery. You send that form in, and you are good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
      Hey G. Flores, I just did the same thing. Yesterday I received a new NOR for the SWB. I scored a 90, and I had Florida as my geo location.
      hope the process goes faster here.... but your score is higher than mine so you will probably get the TSL first than me since we basically changed at the same time period to the swb. As soon has you get anything from them please let me know or if i do ill let you know!

Comment

• So, I just emailed the Medical Review Unit. Basically stating that my current duties as a Cav Scout in the Army is infinite times more physically and mental demanding then my job would be as a CBPO. I also stated that I did not know if they see everything about me or just the medical forms. I told them that my "headaches" have never been a problem before and I asked them to look at the entire picture instead of, only my medical forms. They probably will just blow off my email but who knows. I just feel as if basing my need to see a Dr. off of one check mark on a form when I conduct more demanding duties everyday is logical. I also wrote in nice letters that in no way am I trying to be a dick, I was just wondering about it...
        Test -02 April 2012
        NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
        TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
        Qualifications - (Pending)
        PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
        VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
        Drug Test - (pending)
        Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
        B.I. - In security office
        Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
        PFT2 -
        EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
          I dont understand it, not one bit. They expect people to be honest on the medical forms that they send you but if you are honest, or you just happen to have high blood pressure the day of your examine. They make you go and see a Dr. and pay out the arse for something stupid. Lucky im still in the Army and I dont have to pay for seeing a Dr. for any reason but it sucks for people who don't have insurance or the ones that have a high co pay to go and pay out of their pocket for something so small and stupid. I digress!
          This whole medical exam is a VERY tricky thing. The one who administered my exam told me what the questionnaire is asking is "do you have anything that is abnormal." What this means is, if you have back or neck pain and that is due to your sleeping habit, DO NOT SAY "YES," you should say NO because they are asking if we have ANY INJURY associated with our back and neck, and NOT just the regular oops, I didn't sleep well last night, and now I can't turn my neck. So for those who are about to fill out the forms for medical exam, thing about how you should fill out. Don't raise any unnecessary red flag. This is just a heads up...
          Last edited by allandchen; 06-30-2012, 02:24 AM.
          Test -1/4/11
          NOR - 5/9/12
          TSL 1 - 5/10/12
          TSL 2- 5/11/12
          Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
          PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
          VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
          Drug Test - ?
          Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
          B.I. - ?
          Poly- ?
          PFT2 - ?
          EOD - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
            So, I just emailed the Medical Review Unit. Basically stating that my current duties as a Cav Scout in the Army is infinite times more physically and mental demanding then my job would be as a CBPO. I also stated that I did not know if they see everything about me or just the medical forms. I told them that my "headaches" have never been a problem before and I asked them to look at the entire picture instead of, only my medical forms. They probably will just blow off my email but who knows. I just feel as if basing my need to see a Dr. off of one check mark on a form when I conduct more demanding duties everyday is logical. I also wrote in nice letters that in no way am I trying to be a dick, I was just wondering about it...
            The email won't help. I had marked the same exact thing on my medical form and I was a Federal LEO for 8 years without an issue. Just take the forms to your doc, and have him write a short letter stating you can do the job. Got my check mark 2 weeks later.

Comment

So I guess it is the end of the road for me too got my medical done but my vision was 20/200 from far, I didnt know I was that blind, but I guess I am... Such I shame that I got the call for the poly already and I did my vbt already...

So my question is if I get DQ for my vision and I get LASIK do I have to start the process all over???
              Don't be discouraged. I used to have 20/400 vision before i had lasik in 2004. It corrected me to 20/10. Best investment I ever did. When you get lasik you have to have a notice from the doctor dated 90 days after the procedure saying you are good for physical activities. The CBP medical people will provide the form so don't bother with a note from the doc. If they schedule you to do anything go ahead and do it. They may let you be on medical hold or at worst apply at the next announcement. You will most likely be able to reuse your test score, your vbt will be good also. The only bad thing is they keep extending this announcement. It doesn't close until Aug 15th now.

If you get lasik, do it for you and not just for cbp. It is well worth the investment. Word of advice, do not skimp because of price. You get what you pay for. Dr Bluestein did mine in Charleston, SC back in 2004 and I still have no problems. Whole process took 15 or 20 minutes including setup. Do your homework on the doctor performing and the procedure they use. Good luck to you.

Call CBP and the medical people and try to fight to stay in the hiring process. Couldn't hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                my heart jumped when i saw a cbpo email...

good thing or bad thing?? either way it's something.

turns out it's just a newsletter.
                LOL..i did the same thing

Comment

• Any one know if they will update CASS Tuesday or will they be closed for the holiday?

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                    Any one know if they will update CASS Tuesday or will they be closed for the holiday?
                    For some reason, this is one of the funniest posts I've seen here in a long time.

Hell, they might even put you on a Monday bus to Glynco to start the academy on Tuesday.
                    Gek.

Comment

Don't be discouraged. I used to have 20/400 vision before i had lasik in 2004. It corrected me to 20/10. Best investment I ever did. When you get lasik you have to have a notice from the doctor dated 90 days after the procedure saying you are good for physical activities. The CBP medical people will provide the form so don't bother with a note from the doc. If they schedule you to do anything go ahead and do it. They may let you be on medical hold or at worst apply at the next announcement. You will most likely be able to reuse your test score, your vbt will be good also. The only bad thing is they keep extending this announcement. It doesn't close until Aug 15th now.

If you get lasik, do it for you and not just for cbp. It is well worth the investment. Word of advice, do not skimp because of price. You get what you pay for. Dr Bluestein did mine in Charleston, SC back in 2004 and I still have no problems. Whole process took 15 or 20 minutes including setup. Do your homework on the doctor performing and the procedure they use. Good luck to you.

Call CBP and the medical people and try to fight to stay in the hiring process. Couldn't hurt.
                      Thank you for your kind words, I am kind of disappointed after that because I only have 1.25 in one eye and 1.50 int the other, so I was totally surprised with the results of the vision test... anyways I will go to my poly next friday and maybe in a near future I'll get the lasik... Let's see what happens...
                      NOR 05/01/12 (90) SWB
                      TSL 1 05/10/12
                      TSL 2 05/12/12
                      PFT 1 06/07/12
                      MEDICAL 06/14/12
                      VBT 06/27/12
                      POLY 07/06/12

Comment

Thank you for your kind words, I am kind of disappointed after that because I only have 1.25 in one eye and 1.50 int the other, so I was totally surprised with the results of the vision test...
                        That sounds like either catastrophic vision loss since your last prescription or a faulty test. If you actually do see well with correction, you definitely are better than 20/200 uncorrected. There is a way to get it taken care of on your own dime.
                        Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                          That sounds like either catastrophic vision loss since your last prescription or a faulty test. If you actually do see well with correction, you definitely are better than 20/200 uncorrected. There is a way to get it taken care of on your own dime.
                          That's why I am so surprised my last prescription was from 2 months ago and with corrective lenses I am 20/ 20 what should I do beccause my near vision without lenses is 20 /20 so I dont undarstand why I got a 20/200 if like I said I got 1.25 and 1.50 prescription
                          NOR 05/01/12 (90) SWB
                          TSL 1 05/10/12
                          TSL 2 05/12/12
                          PFT 1 06/07/12
                          MEDICAL 06/14/12
                          VBT 06/27/12
                          POLY 07/06/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                            For some reason, this is one of the funniest posts I've seen here in a long time.

Hell, they might even put you on a Monday bus to Glynco to start the academy on Tuesday.
                            Why is it funny? The actual holiday is wednesday, but most of the time the government takes the day before or the day after off when a holiday falls in the middle of the week. Thats why i ask. I also do not need a bus to Glynco, i can drive my car.

Comment

Why is it funny? The actual holiday is wednesday, but most of the time the government takes the day before or the day after off when a holiday falls in the middle of the week. Thats why i ask. I also do not need a bus to Glynco, i can drive my car.
                              It's funny because you truly seem worried about CASS updates.
                              Gek.

Comment

• Does anyone here took
                                The cbp test on april 27 2012 and pass? Did they call you , or send and email or letter? I pass the test and upload the require documents , but as it today nothing, no call , email or letter. Can someone tell me what is next?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11313 users online. 386 members and 10927 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X