300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
    The poly is fairly new to this whole process not sure how it will all shake out in the end. At this point though, they will probably review it again. I think the investigator is also trying to get a feel for the kind of person you are during the interview and what better way then to ask these questions? It actually gets you into more of a conversation with them. I also had to change some of my references bc she couldn't make it to brooklyn to meet him. So meeting with you would give them the opportunity to change things. As well as give you the opportunity to let them know of any possible mistakes. She also interviewed my wife, my landlords and my neighbors that day as well. Two birds one stone kind of thing I guess.
    Sounds good.
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• [QUOTE=USNSD619;3083417]Yeah, I have all my paperwork lined up ready to be submitted after the test (Statement of service/resume/etc...) Did you have to submit your statement of service prior to the test for vets pref? It looks like your process is running smoothly according to your timeframe, hopefully mine goes the same way, I at least want to have everything but the BI done by september.[/QUOTE
      Are you currently in the Navy

Comment

• Originally posted by USNSD619 View Post
        Depending on your geographical location, the Post 9/11 G.I. bill could be up to 2300 (SD area), but why would you elect it during the academy?
        What branch of service are you in

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
          What branch of service are you in

Navy

Comment

Navy
            Okay I did 4 yrs got out as a Petty Officer 2nd Class, Station @ NOB Norfolk Va

Comment

• Just passed PFT1 and it is no joke. That step test killed me, 5 minutes is a long time. And the situps weren't easy either.
              (51 push ups, 25 situps)
              CBPO
              Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
              NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
              TSL1- 5/25/12
              TSL2 - 5/30/12
              e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
              Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
              PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
              VBT -
              S.I. -
              Medical - 7/13/12
              Drug Test -
              B.I. - In Security Office
              PFT2 -
              EOD -
              $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                Okay I did 4 yrs got out as a Petty Officer 2nd Class, Station @ NOB Norfolk Va
                Cool, I've been in for almost 5 years, made Second Class in 3 yrs, just not for me anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
                  Just passed PFT1 and it is no joke. That step test killed me, 5 minutes is a long time. And the situps weren't easy either.
                  (51 push ups, 25 situps)
                  Sit-ups are part of our PFT in the military, if you want to improve your numbers, try doing hip-flexor exercises since the sit-up mainly involves those muscles and not your abs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
                    Just passed PFT1 and it is no joke. That step test killed me, 5 minutes is a long time. And the situps weren't easy either.
                    (51 push ups, 25 situps)
                    Lol

Comment

Cool, I've been in for almost 5 years, made Second Class in 3 yrs, just not for me anymore
                      I hear you I was in the engineering division, plus my ship was always out to sea mainly on those 6 months deployment I just grew out of it so I got out

Comment

• SW Ports

Is there any good threads that I can be directed to which discuss the "most desirable and "least desirable" Ports to work at on the Southwest border? Specifically in Texas...

I'd love to hear you guys' opinions as well...
                        NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                        TSL1: 8/14/2012
                        TSL2: 8/16/2012
                        PFT1: 9/17/2012
                        Poly: 11/14/2012
                        Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                        BI: cleared 12/2012
                        Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                        TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
                        EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• Just finished my VBT/SI today, I guess the good thing is I had my SI today. Heard from several people that when you get a chance to have the SI right after the VBT, it usually is a good sign because they review your VBT and then give you the SI afterwards. So hopefully I pass it, guess I will just have to get back on the waiting game now..
                          Test -1/4/11
                          NOR - 5/9/12
                          TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                          TSL 2- 5/11/12
                          Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                          PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                          VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                          Drug Test - ?
                          Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                          B.I. - ?
                          Poly- ?
                          PFT2 - ?
                          EOD - ?

Comment

• So finally got to run outdoors, i used the map my run app and if it's accurate I did 1.5 miles in 10:30. I think I'm ready, somebody please call IA and MHC and let them know they can call me now.
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Depending on your geographical location, the Post 9/11 G.I. bill could be up to 2300 (SD area), but why would you elect it during the academy?

Your thinking of the BAH rate, when you are enrolled in a college. What Im talking about is what VA pays you from your GI Bill for going to FLETC and what they pay you for OJT (on the job training) its 2 different programs. Some people just get a check for 14,000 plus for the whole year and some people get it monthly. I see it as a way of helping out when you start with GS 5 or 7 pay until you hit 9.
                              Test -02 April 2012
                              NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                              Qualifications - (Pending)
                              PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                              VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                              Drug Test - (pending)
                              Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                              B.I. - In security office
                              Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                              PFT2 -
                              EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                                Your thinking of the BAH rate, when you are enrolled in a college. What Im talking about is what VA pays you from your GI Bill for going to FLETC and what they pay you for OJT (on the job training) its 2 different programs. Some people just get a check for 14,000 plus for the whole year and some people get it monthly. I see it as a way of helping out when you start with GS 5 or 7 pay until you hit 9.
                                Yeah I was talking about the BAH with dependent rates for college...well damn thats a good program, did'nt know about that actually, thanks for the heads up man.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7303 users online. 389 members and 6914 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X