300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    1 year horror story? Hah!! 1 Year is amazing for this process. I'll be a year in about two months and I applied to the SWB with a pretty decent score.
    Well, given the time constraint that I have, that is a horror story to me.

Comment

Your chances of getting on by October I'd say are slim to none.
      I was thinking the same thing, but if I have my BI/poly done by then, i'm getting out of the military, although i'll be taking a 25k a year paycut, CBP seems better in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by USNSD619 View Post
        Hey guys, just had a quick question. I've just started the hiring process and got scheduled for my exam in a couple weeks, I'm currently active duty military scheduled to get out in October and was just wondering how long the hiring process takes. I've heard horror stories about it taking 1-2 years, and i definitely cant afford that, I also hold a secret security clearance through the Department of Defense so would that speed the Backgound Check process up any? I also applied for the SW border area which is apparently anticipating hiring new agents, do you guys think I have any chance of getting on by October, pending the poly/VBT/etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        Sorry, but chances you getting in by October are not good. Even though you chose SWB, the fastest I've seen has been 6 months. Everybodys process is different some move faster then others but most take a year. I tested 12/10, switched to SWB late April/early may and got my TSL in June. I completed all the steps in the proces by November and I'm still waiting for my BI to clear. The security clearance really does nothing for you. I've heard being in the military can actually slow it down, bc military records tend to be hard to get. The poly can spead i things up but bare minimum it will take 6 months. Though a lot of things have to go right for that fast a process.
        Last edited by Rms16; 06-26-2012, 06:07 PM.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          Sorry, but chances you getting in by October are not good. Even though you chose SWB, the fastest I've seen has been 6 months. Everybodys process is different some move faster then others but most take a year. I tested 12/10, switched to SWB late April/early may and got my TSL in June. I completed all the steps in the proces by November and I'm still waiting for my BI to clear. The security clearance really does nothing for you. I've heard being in the military can actually slow it down, bc military records tend to be hard to get. The poly can spead i things up but bare minimum it will take 6 months. Though a lot of things have to go right for that fast a process.
          Thanks for the insight man.

Comment

• I took today my Final FGS at FLETC. Getting ready to get the hell out of here next week.

Those 19 weeks took a serious toll on me. Passing the torch to the group.

You will be excited to get here. After that, its a whole different game. Good luck to everybody

Comment

• Mentally, emotionally, or physically? You can be honest...
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

Hey guys, just had a quick question. I've just started the hiring process and got scheduled for my exam in a couple weeks, I'm currently active duty military scheduled to get out in October and was just wondering how long the hiring process takes. I've heard horror stories about it taking 1-2 years, and i definitely cant afford that, I also hold a secret security clearance through the Department of Defense so would that speed the Backgound Check process up any? I also applied for the SW border area which is apparently anticipating hiring new agents, do you guys think I have any chance of getting on by October, pending the poly/VBT/etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

October is kind of pushing it, im still on active duty and I should be getting out in September Octobertime frame, but i took the test in April. If u want to get hired quick choose the SWB. From what they told me , they really like to recruit us soldiers coming off active duty. U will need to submit a statement of service stating ur ets date and terminal leave dates because they wont give u a offer of employment until ur atleast on term leave. It can be a fast process or slow process depending on where u live and what u score. If u have any questions concerning the process and being
                active duty let me know, its been pretty quick for me....... So far!
                Test -02 April 2012
                NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                Qualifications - (Pending)
                PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                Drug Test - (pending)
                Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                B.I. - In security office
                Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                PFT2 -
                EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by irmalaso View Post
                  Thanks Shark if it's a regular job interview then it's gonna be easy , I just thought it was gonna be something complicated... how long is the interview if someone could tell???
                  I think its depend. As job interview I say, 1 hr. Or could be 30 min, thing is, is not the same time for everybody. In that situation you could feel like Hours...
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:12/10
                  TSl: 5/11
                  Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                  Met BI:1/12
                  VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                  Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                  Qual:cleared 3/12
                  Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

Mentally, emotionally, or physically? You can be honest...

mentally and emotionally.

Physical , not really. PT here is a joke or a breeze depending on your instructor, but nothing military people not seen before

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post

Physical , not really. PT here is a joke or a breeze depending on your instructor, but nothing military people not seen before
                      Thanks for the look out. I'll gladly take that torch from you. Just waiting for my drug test and EOD date.
                      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

Thanks for the insight man.
                        No problem USNSAD, if I have any information to give glad to give it. Just remember everything I've told you are things I've learned from this forum. So take it with a grain of salt. Also as always with the G everything is subject to change.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post

Like you said all depends on your Instructor and what you’re physically ready for.

For me personally my cardio (running)is tip top shape but my instructor is all about mat work and self defense, I can honestly say I have never sweated so much!

It’s not the military but personally I feel like you can’t compare the two (apples and oranges). There a total different mindset here compared to the military.

This academy is no cakewalk, so come prepared.
                          Last edited by Locke03; 06-26-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                            I think he was talking about me, it seems like its all random..... I got my poly before my vbt, I'm guessing it just depends on where u live....
                            Haha, yes I was talking about you. I am having my VBT tomorrow, hopefully all goes well... Btw, when you had your poly, did they tell you if they already began with your BI? And did you meet with the investigator yet?
                            Test -1/4/11
                            NOR - 5/9/12
                            TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                            TSL 2- 5/11/12
                            Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                            PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                            VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                            Drug Test - ?
                            Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                            B.I. - ?
                            Poly- ?
                            PFT2 - ?
                            EOD - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by allandchen View Post
                              Haha, yes I was talking about you. I am having my VBT tomorrow, hopefully all goes well... Btw, when you had your poly, did they tell you if they already began with your BI? And did you meet with the investigator yet?

They started calling people already! Im hoping it wont take long, I have been in the Army my entire adult life,so they done have much to check. I haven't met with him or her yet but im not sure if I have to? I think u only meet with them if they have anything that they need to clear up..... does anyone have more insight on this?
                              Test -02 April 2012
                              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                              Drug Test - (pending)
                              PFT2 -
                              EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, but if I have my BI/poly done by then, i'm getting out of the military, although i'll be taking a 25k a year paycut, CBP seems better in the long run.
                                You should figure in your GI Bill which is more or less 900 a month while in the academy and 700 a month the rest of your first year. Also depending on which port you pick you could also factor in overtime...
                                Test -02 April 2012
                                TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                                Drug Test - (pending)
                                PFT2 -
                                EOD -

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9966 users online. 474 members and 9492 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X