Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst part of this whole process is the waiting, but this site makes it soo much easier because u can kind of figure things out before u go and do things. I have completed all of my testing now just waiting on my results for vbt drug test is a given PASS, then on to the background I cant wait lol
    Tested March 08
    TO June 08
    Medical COMPLETE 12/08
    VBT complete 08 passed
    Qualification GS-5 September 08
    BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
    NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Haven't posted here in awhile, so I thought I would just let your guys know on CASS all of my fields are complete. I'm excited, I hope I'll get the call any day now. I also wanted to thank everyone that helped me here. It was a big load off to read everyone's experiences/help here. You guys made the process less stressful.

On another note anyone on these forums know about CBPO in AZ. Like which ports need the most help, how the overtime is, stuff like that.

I also have a hypothetical question. Say I start at my port 11-01-08 and I dont go to FLETC until 12-01-08. What do you guys do for living arrangements for that 1 month. I mean im most likely going to be at least 2+ hours from where I'm living now. Thats a long drive every day, and hotels would be expensive(and its not like you can find a place to buy in the two weeks or shorter they give you before you start at your port). What happens??

Thanks again!!!!
      Last edited by Goosell; 09-01-2008, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
        I also have a hypothetical question. Say I start at my port 11-01-08 and I dont go to FLETC until 12-01-08. What do you guys do for living arrangements for that 1 month. I mean im most likely going to be at least 2+ hours from where I'm living now. Thats a long drive every day, and hotels would be expensive(and its not like you can find a place to buy in the two weeks or shorter they give you before you start at your port). What happens??

Thanks again!!!!

A guy in the class right before me at Miami lived in Puerto Rico and was going to be working at Miami International, and what they did for him since he was at the port for just about a month before going to FLETC, they put him up in a hotel for the entire time. I would suppose they would do the same at any other location.
        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Well here we go!!!.... I head out tomorrow and head to Brunswick GA, Ill make sure I post on here as much as possible letting everyone know how it is up there. Any last words of wisdom from recent FLETC graduates or current FLETC guests?
          Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
            Well here we go!!!.... I head out tomorrow and head to Brunswick GA, Ill make sure I post on here as much as possible letting everyone know how it is up there. Any last words of wisdom from recent FLETC graduates or current FLETC guests?

Good Luck to you.

jrq16

Comment

Well here we go!!!.... I head out tomorrow and head to Brunswick GA, Ill make sure I post on here as much as possible letting everyone know how it is up there. Any last words of wisdom from recent FLETC graduates or current FLETC guests?
              Don't get injured but if you receive a minor injury go to the trainers. If they think it's serious they will send you to the med unit.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

A guy in the class right before me at Miami lived in Puerto Rico and was going to be working at Miami International, and what they did for him since he was at the port for just about a month before going to FLETC, they put him up in a hotel for the entire time. I would suppose they would do the same at any other location.
                Would they do that if it was only 2+ hours away, and in the same state that im in now???

And congrats i hope FLETC goes good.

Comment

Would they do that if it was only 2+ hours away, and in the same state that im in now???

And congrats i hope FLETC goes good.

Thanks... and im not to sure about that... I currently live about 1.5 hours away from MIA, and Ive got to make the drive. So I would think you would have express your concerns to scheduling or MHC for the drive and it may be possible, but i dont know for sure.
                  Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

2008 hiring for Miami...

Here is what i was told about it today, basically around the start/middle of December they stop hiring every week like they have been for the past month plus, and start hiring again weekly/bi-weekly again in March. The reasoning for this was basically because they need all the "bodies" they can get out on the "floor"(meaning working) between December and March for holidays. That is including the training personel. No trainers means they dont hire until the trainers are back in the training department, which is in March-ish.

Now Im not sure if this means that they stop giving people the "call" or if they still give the call, but just push back all the start dates. By the same person I was told that they are still in need of quite a few CBPOs in Miami airport, so if you havent been moving along in the process by mid-december chances are youll have to wait til March until the next step is completed.
                    That's excellent info dfly123! thank you for those updates. I'm trying to get to MIA for 10 months now I may have a chance before DEC if not I guess it'll probably be next year.

Comment

• Hey D, good luck man have a good drive and let me know how it goes. I'll hit you up after my BI tomo...10am =)

-Psychotic
                      Geo Pref: Miami
                      Score: 92
                      Grade Level: 5
                      EOD: 11/10/2008
                      Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

Comment

Haven't posted here in awhile, so I thought I would just let your guys know on CASS all of my fields are complete. I'm excited, I hope I'll get the call any day now. I also wanted to thank everyone that helped me here. It was a big load off to read everyone's experiences/help here. You guys made the process less stressful.

On another note anyone on these forums know about CBPO in AZ. Like which ports need the most help, how the overtime is, stuff like that.

Thanks again!!!!
                        Andrade is one new port under construction. they need a lot of help there, bunch of overtime, two shifts in a row sometimes. That is what some people have told me locally.
                        TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                        NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                        QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                        GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                        PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                        MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                        FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                        VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                        DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                        BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

I chose a port about 90 minutes from where I live now. I stay at a cheap motel in town during the week pre-academy.

Comment

• Dfly's co-worker is the first case I've ever heard of where the port has picked up the cost of lodging for a pre-academy hire. I'd love to hear the full story behind that.

Good luck getting any port, anywhere involved in paying for pre-academy lodging for anyone. I've never seen it since 2002. Unless things are changing, I doubt anyone else here will see it either.

Comment

• LE Pay?

I have heard that BPO's get LEO Pay is this true or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by windyctyaudi View Post
                                I have heard that BPO's get LEO Pay is this true or not.
                                What's a BPO?

BPA's(Border Patrol Agents) get LEO pay, CBPO's(Customs and Border Protection Officers) do not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7945 users online. 224 members and 7721 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X