Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been posting but figured I would share for those that are curious about non SWB regions.

Scored a 104 in April and got my TSL1 for Southeast first week of June.

Comment

• Big difference. I wouldn't be surprised if your time moved toward 15 minutes when you hit the road. Lifting your legs, even with an incline isn't much compared to propelling your body over land.
      However once you get used to it your time will be shaved down again.
      App. 7.2011
      Test 7.2011
      N.O.R. 9.2011
      TSL1 MAY-2012
      TSL2 May-2012
      B.I. -In Security Office
      PFT1-June-Passed-2012
      Medical - July-2012
      VBT/SI - July-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by casadenewman View Post
        Big difference. I wouldn't be surprised if your time moved toward 15 minutes when you hit the road. Lifting your legs, even with an incline isn't much compared to propelling your body over land.
        However once you get used to it your time will be shaved down again.
        I'll try the track next time just to prove you wrong.
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
          Well from the looks of things you didn't read my post or maybe you didn't comprehend before you decided to put your two sense in i never said dude was pathetic, I said his post insulting the other person was pathetic, as I can see you are in favor of cyber bullying...smh
          Well if you want to get that technical, he never said anyone was pathetic, he said the fact that someone can't run 1.5 miles under 17 minutes is pathetic.

Anyway, away from technicalities, I still think anyone with that much time to prepare should be able to run 1.5 miles in under 17 minutes with ease.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
            There's no I in team but there's a "me". Which one of you wants a weak link in the strong chain of CBPOs? Just something to ponder...
            You can't say there's no I in team when I just proved with that picture that there is!

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
              Can someone explain the push ups and sit ups portion of the PFT1? Because I get burnt out of push ups at 40sec because I go so fast. Is there just a minimum number you have to do? Or is it you have to do them for a full minute?
              you DO NOT have to remain in position, you just have to do as many as you can in 1 min, and if whomever is administering the tests actually read the paperwork provided to them by cbp they wll know that when you get there

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                you DO NOT have to remain in position, you just have to do as many as you can in 1 min, and if whomever is administering the tests actually read the paperwork provided to them by cbp they wll know that when you get there
                I wish the nurse that did mine knew that. I also had to stay in the up position for situps lol

Comment

• CTM you are seriously confused. I never called him, nor anyone else pathetic. The approach which he/she has is pathetic. Doing just enough to get by? Do you seriously its acceptable to putts around and do nothing and expect to get a job? No. This is basically the part where they have the greatest control of their outcome. To just do the minimum or finding ways around things to just pass is wrong no matter how you look at it. With the amount of time before pf2 you have to train it would be pathetic for someone not to make it. I am NOT calling their character pathetic which I think is how you took it. I am calling their lazyness to train and prepare themselves pathetic. Hopefully I cleared that up for you.
                  CBPO
                  Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
                  Geo: SWB
                  Qual: Passed
                  Medical: Passed
                  Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
                  BI: Pending
                  VBT/SI: Passed
                  Drug Test: Passed
                  Poly: 9/10/12
                  PFT2: ?
                  The Call: 10/29/12
                  EOD: Dec 3
                  Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

Comment

• This conversation is pathetic. Somebody tell me when's my EOD date! :P
                    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
                      OH JESSUS, I just got off the phone with IA. The lady i spoke to said, that I will be contacted shortly to schedule a polygraph examination...
                      Weekend warrior-

Can you message me the number to IA... or just post it on here? Thanks!

BOP
                      Application-3/7/12
                      Interview- 4/11/12
                      Physical/UA/Fingerprints- 5/17/12
                      "The Call"- 6/4/12
                      EOD- 7/2/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                        I'm doing under 13 min on a treadmill with an incline. For some reason I think running in RL is probably harder though. Maybe I should run on a real track...
                        I can tell you from experience running outside is very different then on a treadmill. Well at least I feel it is. I feel like outside you use muscles that your not on the treadmill. Plus I think it's a much better work out. I just don't have the time to go running outside and then hit the gym. Especially with all this damn rain we are getting in NY!
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                          I can tell you from experience running outside is very different then on a treadmill. Well at least I feel it is. I feel like outside you use muscles that your not on the treadmill. Plus I think it's a much better work out. I just don't have the time to go running outside and then hit the gym. Especially with all this damn rain we are getting in NY!
                          That is true, is better outdoor. I am think in stop running in the gym because I feel like is no good for my joints. You can notice that those machines sometimes are not in good condition and you can feel a pain in you knee. At least I feel that. These does not happen to me while running outside.
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:12/10
                          TSl: 5/11
                          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                          Met BI:1/12
                          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                          Qual:cleared 3/12
                          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                            Sorry breachnclear, is better to practice without the foam block,instead, if you practice going all the way down w/o the foam, the test will be easier. That happened to me, and the day of the test I did almost double of the push ups..
                            i should have elaborated more on that, its good to pickup a block if your worried about how many. I do agree and it also happened to me to train without b.c as you said you doubled i did as well. Was suppose to be a thought incase he was concerned. either case, hit the gym is due for all of us lol. jk. goodluck
                            CBPO
                            App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                            Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                            ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                            APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                            PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                            Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                            Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• I think the hardest thing for me when going from a treadmill to outdoor running is that I can pace the treadmill to however quickly I want to run a certain distance, whereas running outdoors it's much harder to know how fast you are actually running, unless you have the distances measured and are checking your stopwatch, but even then you won't know how fast you're running between the measurements. As far as getting more or less tired, that didn't really change much for me when going from the treadmill to outside and vice-versa.

Comment

• Hey guys! Rookie here. Do y'all expect the hiring to slow down for those who are going test in July since the announcement has been open for a while? I chose the SW Border...

I'm between my Junior and Senior years of college... interning with ICE/ERO for the summer. Would be awesome if most of the stuff is completed by the time I graduate in May.

Written Exam: 7/25/2012
                                NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                                TSL1: 8/14/2012
                                TSL2: 8/16/2012
                                PFT1: 9/17/2012
                                Poly: 11/14/2012
                                Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                                BI: cleared 12/2012
                                Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                                TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
                                EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6258 users online. 229 members and 6029 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X