Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH JESSUS, I just got off the phone with IA. The lady i spoke to said, that I will be contacted shortly to schedule a polygraph examination...

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
      OH JESSUS, I just got off the phone with IA. The lady i spoke to said, that I will be contacted shortly to schedule a polygraph examination...
      Did you already met with your investigator

Comment

• Can someone explain the push ups and sit ups portion of the PFT1? Because I get burnt out of push ups at 40sec because I go so fast. Is there just a minimum number you have to do? Or is it you have to do them for a full minute?
        CBPO
        Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
        NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
        TSL1- 5/25/12
        TSL2 - 5/30/12
        e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
        Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
        PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
        VBT -
        S.I. -
        Medical - 7/13/12
        Drug Test -
        B.I. - In Security Office
        PFT2 -
        EOD -
        $$$

Comment

• I rarely, if ever comment/ post, but I have to say that your fitness level is one of the only things you have control over in this process. For any applicant to have problems passing the PF1 and/ or the PF2, given the time it actually takes between applying and then taking your PF1 or PF2 . . . the time it takes going through this process, in my opinion is unacceptable and as much as he or she says they "want it so badly" just simply cannot be true. To me there is no way you want it this "badly" and have this long to prepare yourselves physically but then barring a medical condition cannot pass what is a very pedestrian fitness exam? This is again just my opinion and has nothing to do with "personality type". Even the most basic of fitness programs would more then prepare you for any of these tests. I work six days a week as a fitness instructor as a second job and these fitness tests can EASILY be passed by someone with even the most non-existent baseline fitness level if they actually trained for it and were committed to doing so. I am NOT calling anyone out or calling anyone "pathetic" or trying to insult anyone. I guess maybe I am trying to give some of you a wake up call. YOU have control over your fitness level. None of us has control as to when or how fast the CBP/BPA decides to handles our applications and so many of the steps involved in this process. So much of this is out of our control and can be so frustrating. Take control of one of the few things you do have control over. Why make your fitness level an issue? Why even worry about it? Why would you even make this something that could or should be a concern? Instead of worrying about finishing your run under 17 minutes worry about how many minutes under 10 minutes you actually finish. Don't you guys realize how much better your lives will be at the academy, if you are lucky enough to make it, if you are in great shape versus barely making it shape?!!! Do you know how much easier life will be at the academy? Do you know how hard it is going to be to study and pay attention in class and function when your entire body is aching versus being able to perform and push through the work outs competently? You will shoot/ aim better, sleep better, you will perform better academically and you will enjoy your experience there much better. Trust me. This part of the process is in your control and some of you seem to be missing this. Once again I am NOT trying to insult or attack anyone. Just my humble opinion. If it helps any of you great. If not . . . feel free to flame away. Best of luck to everyone through the remainder of your process.

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
            OH JESSUS, I just got off the phone with IA. The lady i spoke to said, that I will be contacted shortly to schedule a polygraph examination...
            Good, I did the same 2 weeks ago and received the same answer.. I don't know yet what is short
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:12/10
            TSl: 5/11
            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
            Met BI:1/12
            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 3/12
            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
              Good, I did the same 2 weeks ago and received the same answer.. I don't know yet what is short
              Lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
                Can someone explain the push ups and sit ups portion of the PFT1? Because I get burnt out of push ups at 40sec because I go so fast. Is there just a minimum number you have to do? Or is it you have to do them for a full minute?
                When I went the nurse made me stay in the up position after maxing out until one minute was reached. However, she didn't know much about the test and I don't know if she was right to do so. I did the same thing as you are talking about, did 52 pushups in 45 seconds and then had to kill myself staying in the up position for the last 15 seconds since I burned myself out. Best advice is to just pace yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                  First of all that comment you wrote yeah the whole forum knows its pathetic, secondly you don't go around calling people pathetic you don't know or knows nothing about, third you don't know his physical condition to be calling him pathetic, last time I check it says equal employment opportunity and you don't have that authority to tell dude he should not apply for this position last time I check homie this is America where we have rights, you don't sound like a team player there ain't no I in team and the position you applying for is all about team work if you ain't have nothing positive to post about someone keep it to your self we all going through this process no one is better than anyone or you won't be here applying to this announcement so we all in the same boat last time I check we all cbpo applicants just something to think about before you go into the academy, everyone just had to get this off my chest just disappointed when I see things like this we ain't here to judge anyone but just try to help others get through this process like we all need to get through together
                  iteam.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist

On a serious note, I do believe that nobody should be struggling to make a mile and a half in under 17 minutes. There is so much time between applying and doing the PFT-2 that there are very limited excuses for not being able to complete it with fair ease. I have a feeling that if a person is struggling with doing it in 17 minutes they will have a very difficult time with PT at FLETC. That being said, I don't think it's anyone's business to be calling other people "pathetic," and you were hypocritical in saying that you don't call people pathetic if you don't know them, yet you said that what he said was pathetic.

Let's all be grown adults and not take things so personal.

And I totally agree with the last sentence, we need to help each other through the process, some of us will be at FLETC together

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
                    Can someone explain the push ups and sit ups portion of the PFT1? Because I get burnt out of push ups at 40sec because I go so fast. Is there just a minimum number you have to do? Or is it you have to do them for a full minute?
                    there is a scoring chart in the CBP fitness PDF that you can download. Make sure you practice with a 4inch foam block, I surprised myself when I busted thru the pushups like a beast (good thing i had my wheaties that morning). It is a big difference from doing a pushup without the block and with the block. goodluck
                    CBPO
                    App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                    Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                    ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                    APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                    PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                    Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                    Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]9037[/ATTACH]

Sorry, couldn't resist

On a serious note, I do believe that nobody should be struggling to make a mile and a half in under 17 minutes. There is so much time between applying and doing the PFT-2 that there are very limited excuses for not being able to complete it with fair ease. I have a feeling that if a person is struggling with doing it in 17 minutes they will have a very difficult time with PT at FLETC. That being said, I don't think it's anyone's business to be calling other people "pathetic," and you were hypocritical in saying that you don't call people pathetic if you don't know them, yet you said that what he said was pathetic.

And I totally agree with the last sentence, we need to help each other through the process, some of us will be at FLETC together
                      Well from the looks of things you didn't read my post or maybe you didn't comprehend before you decided to put your two sense in i never said dude was pathetic, I said his post insulting the other person was pathetic, as I can see you are in favor of cyber bullying...smh

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                        there is a scoring chart in the CBP fitness PDF that you can download. Make sure you practice with a 4inch foam block, I surprised myself when I busted thru the pushups like a beast (good thing i had my wheaties that morning). It is a big difference from doing a pushup without the block and with the block. goodluck
                        Sorry breachnclear, is better to practice without the foam block,instead, if you practice going all the way down w/o the foam, the test will be easier. That happened to me, and the day of the test I did almost double of the push ups..
                        Geo:SWB
                        CBPO Exam:12/10
                        TSl: 5/11
                        Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                        Met BI:1/12
                        VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                        Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                        Qual:cleared 3/12
                        Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                        PFT2:
                        EOD:

Comment

• I'm doing under 13 min on a treadmill with an incline. For some reason I think running in RL is probably harder though. Maybe I should run on a real track...
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• That's for sure.
                            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                              They mean it in the same way that this process is short. Haha jk

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]9037[/ATTACH]

Sorry, couldn't resist

There's no I in team but there's a "me". Which one of you wants a weak link in the strong chain of CBPOs? Just something to ponder...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7452 users online. 291 members and 7161 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X