• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
    What part of Queens are you from?
    Well right now I resides in Springfield Gardens

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Haha, yep. I run 3 to 5 miles about 4 times a week and no matter how many times i do that step test i always forget how tiring it can be. I can definitely see people who arent very active or prepared can get dropped just for flopping that portion of the test. Up, Up, Down, Down...
      i broke more of a sweat doing the step test than any other requriement in the PFT1 and i think overall i sweated more practicing the step test than running a few miles. It is crazy to think how such a simple movement actually sneaks up and could get you, and to think i constantly walk up and down steps all day.
      Last edited by breachnclear; 06-24-2012, 10:38 PM.
      CBPO
      App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
      Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
      ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
      APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
      PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
      Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
      Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        A couple of thoughts on walking fast...

One, walking fast(4.5 MPH or greater) is actually less efficient and more difficult than running at the same speed.
        On a related note, 1.5 miles in 17 minutes translates into 5.3 MPH. That's pushing the upward end of walking speed.

Two, I doubt that anybody instructing at the academy will look all that approvingly at anybody walking...regardless at how well one sprints. Save yourself the hassle and teach yourself to run the full distance.
        i am going to be busting out the radar gun from the traffic division lol jk

start running and continue running increase the distance/speed and mix it up... also running on a treadmill i feel is a bit different than outside (i like the outdoors better) but if your going to run the treadmill increase the incline, make it flat, switch it up and change the speeds as well. do some good interval running workouts. goodluck!
        CBPO
        App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
        Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
        ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
        APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
        PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
        Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
        Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
          Oh thank god, do you know if they do a doggy day care type of thing or if you can bring your dog to class?
          lol that would be great!
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Its pretty pathetic if u cant run 1.5 miles without stopping. If you are that worried about hoping to make the time by "sprinting and walking" you should not have applied. Stop finding ways to barely make it. Train hard and get something out of it. Maybe its just me feeling like this, but I feel you should bust your *** the max and be proud to have gone well under 17 minutes and to not be happy to have just gotten by at 16:59.
            CBPO
            Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
            Geo: SWB
            Qual: Passed
            Medical: Passed
            Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
            BI: Pending
            VBT/SI: Passed
            Drug Test: Passed
            Poly: 9/10/12
            PFT2: ?
            The Call: 10/29/12
            EOD: Dec 3
            Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
              Drifting,

You're a former BPA?
              Aye.
              Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baha View Post
                Its pretty pathetic if u cant run 1.5 miles without stopping. If you are that worried about hoping to make the time by "sprinting and walking" you should not have applied. Stop finding ways to barely make it. Train hard and get something out of it. Maybe its just me feeling like this, but I feel you should bust your *** the max and be proud to have gone well under 17 minutes and to not be happy to have just gotten by at 16:59.
                A lot of people are talking about 1.5 miles in 13 min. I am training for that time. I am doing it in 13.37. I am no sure if they are asking for that new time, so be advised.
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:12/10
                TSl: 5/11
                Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                Met BI:1/12
                VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                Qual:cleared 3/12
                Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• First of all that comment you wrote yeah the whole forum knows its pathetic, secondly you don't go around calling people pathetic you don't know or knows nothing about, third you don't know his physical condition to be calling him pathetic, last time I check it says equal employment opportunity and you don't have that authority to tell dude he should not apply for this position last time I check homie this is America where we have rights, you don't sound like a team player there ain't no I in team and the position you applying for is all about team work if you ain't have nothing positive to post about someone keep it to your self we all going through this process no one is better than anyone or you won't be here applying to this announcement so we all in the same boat last time I check we all cbpo applicants just something to think about before you go into the academy, everyone just had to get this off my chest just disappointed when I see things like this we ain't here to judge anyone but just try to help others get through this process like we all need to get through together

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                    First of all that comment you wrote yeah the whole forum knows its pathetic, secondly you don't go around calling people pathetic you don't know or knows nothing about, third you don't know his physical condition to be calling him pathetic, last time I check it says equal employment opportunity and you don't have that authority to tell dude he should not apply for this position last time I check homie this is America where we have rights, you don't sound like a team player there ain't no I in team and the position you applying for is all about team work if you ain't have nothing positive to post about someone keep it to your self we all going through this process no one is better than anyone or you won't be here applying to this announcement so we all in the same boat last time I check we all cbpo applicants just something to think about before you go into the academy, everyone just had to get this off my chest just disappointed when I see things like this we ain't here to judge anyone but just try to help others get through this process like we all need to get through together
                    I do agree that we should all train hard to pass the test. But whether people get it done in 17:14min or in 12min, as long as they train themselves and give the 100%, then they are good. However, for people who don't train and pass in 12min, I don't feel they are deserved to be CBPOs.

I am sure if we test all the current CBPOs for 1.5 mile run now, not everyone can pass it, but does that mean they shouldn't be CBPO anymore??
                    Test -1/4/11
                    NOR - 5/9/12
                    TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                    TSL 2- 5/11/12
                    Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                    PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                    VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                    Drug Test - ?
                    Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                    B.I. - ?
                    Poly- ?
                    PFT2 - ?
                    EOD - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baha View Post
                      Its pretty pathetic if u cant run 1.5 miles without stopping. If you are that worried about hoping to make the time by "sprinting and walking" you should not have applied. Stop finding ways to barely make it. Train hard and get something out of it. Maybe its just me feeling like this, but I feel you should bust your *** the max and be proud to have gone well under 17 minutes and to not be happy to have just gotten by at 16:59.
                      Baha,
                      I do agree in some aspects. I have worked on teams where there are slugs that hold everyone back from excellence. I have also been part of teams where everyone is in unity and never stop pushing...that leads to excellence, team cohesion, and pretty much become unstoppable. However, one thing to keep in mind, is this is the civil sector. In the civil sector, there are unions, law suits, agreements, OPM rulings, precedents, and much more. The agency overall is working dilligently to raise the bar in regards to weeding out its current slugs. You might be wildly surprised to learn of the amazingly low caliber that was grandfathered in the merge, years ago. But they are not able to do it in one fell swoop. It would wipe out half of the service.

On the other hand, I do believe that it might serve you and your career better, long term, to be a little more open minded about others. I speak from painful experience of NOT doing this myself. There WILL be people on your team, wherever you go, that will be (let's speak plain and honest here) weak, slow (in performance and on the uptake), overall NOT WARRIORS. However, in this sector, you WILL learn that we need them. THere will be some of those people that will have amazing talents and insight that A Types like us do not have. If we just chew them up and spit them out, our service will be filled with nothing but a bunch of A Type, macho minded, thinking inside the box performers, that constantly fight with each other over whom is the stronger performer. We need other types to watch our 6's. We need them to use their skills in other environments that we might not thrive in...and after being tested and tried in multiple environments of combat, I KNOW that there are areas in which ALL of us will fail.

In summaiton, I believe that being physically sound is always a significant goal. But lets not void the other components. If we make accusing statements such as yours regarding run times, then what is to prevent others making similar ones about people not getting higher than 95 on the written exam shouldnt be allowed either? This rational of thinking, though possibly accurate at times when used in long term planning, does more to divide a team and will only isolate the one stating these comments. Lets focus on the bigger picture...not everyone that is going to the academy with us will be SRT worthy...and they will never even attempt it. But they just might succeed in greatness through coming up with some new computer graphing program or some crap like that.

I hope this helps and is received well.

Respectfully,
                      Verve10
                      CBPO
                      Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Oooo will SRT training be like FLETC, you know pet friendly? haha ok ok im done

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
                          Oooo will SRT training be like FLETC, you know pet friendly? haha ok ok im done
                          Hahhahah - You got jokes huh...
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with this forum. Maybe so much tension and aggression from waiting so long?

Comment

• Leaving now for my VBT. Pretty nervous but I think I'll do alright. I've been through quite a few oral boards the past couple of months so I have some excitement mixed in with the nervousness since this is something a little different.
                              CBPO:
                              Test Date: 3/26/2012
                              NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                              NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                              TSL: 4/27/2012
                              PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                              Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                              VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                              Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                              Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                                Hahhahah - You got jokes huh...
                                mainly delirious after working a night shift

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10691 users online. 398 members and 10293 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X