Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the message "Proving Our Faith" we saw how our faith is revealed and strengthened as we walk through our trials. It's not surprising that we often discuss the importance of faith, for "without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6). If we desire to live a life pleasing to God, we must increase our faith and learn what it means to live by faith.

2 Corinthians 5:7
    "We live by faith and not by sight."

The first step of faith is when we recognize our sinful condition, repent of our sin, and believe Jesus died so our sin can be forgiven. This belief in Jesus is not a result of what we see, but a result of faith - and without this first step of faith it is definitely not possible to please God.

But as we continue our walk with Christ, He becomes more and more real. With each new step our eyes are opened a little wider and we are allowed to see a little clearer. The challenges of yesterday which required great faith have become easier to bear...for now we can see! However, the increase of spiritual sight is not the same as an increase of faith.

As our spiritual sight grows, our need for faith in order to walk the same path is actually reduced. Less faith is required when we clearly see; "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1). True faith always involves a confidence of the unknown, an assurance of what is unseen. This point is easy to misunderstand so read carefully.

Our Heavenly Father desires to lead us in a life of faith. This means He often draws us into the unknown, for it is only in the unknown that we truly learn to "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). And as the unknown becomes known, He will surely call us to take the next step and trust Him more.

Where is God calling us today? For some it's to take the awesome step required for Salvation through faith in Jesus; "Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7). For some it's a step of trust for a burden which right now seems completely unbearable; and for some, it's a step into a level of service which appears impossible to achieve. Each of these require a step into the unknown, into a place we cannot see; but each is part of the great adventure of faith!

Though the unknown is sometimes uncomfortable and maybe even a little scary, being guided by God into what we cannot see is the essence of a life of faith - a life which pleases God. Until the day He calls us Home, we must continue to listen, step, and grow - we must continue to live daily by faith.

Have a Christ Centered Day

Comment

• Ya Barnaj its very deceiving. You think when you see the vid link oh that's no big deal. Then the up up down down cadence kind of hypnotizes you and you realize oh this isn't as easy as I thought haha. What they should do is get some background music, you already have a nice hook with that up up down down. I think we could have our next big hit haha.

Barnaj this was suppose to post with your quote, but for some reason it didn't.
      Last edited by Rms16; 06-24-2012, 12:02 PM.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• A couple of thoughts on walking fast...

One, walking fast(4.5 MPH or greater) is actually less efficient and more difficult than running at the same speed.
        On a related note, 1.5 miles in 17 minutes translates into 5.3 MPH. That's pushing the upward end of walking speed.

Two, I doubt that anybody instructing at the academy will look all that approvingly at anybody walking...regardless at how well one sprints. Save yourself the hassle and teach yourself to run the full distance.

Comment

• hey were in the same fletch date... awesome class 224
          CBPO

Comment

• What part of Queens are you from?
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
            TSU: 3/28/13
            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
            FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
              In the message "Proving Our Faith" we saw how our faith is revealed and strengthened as we walk through our trials. It's not surprising that we often discuss the importance of faith, for "without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6). If we desire to live a life pleasing to God, we must increase our faith and learn what it means to live by faith.

2 Corinthians 5:7
              "We live by faith and not by sight."

The first step of faith is when we recognize our sinful condition, repent of our sin, and believe Jesus died so our sin can be forgiven. This belief in Jesus is not a result of what we see, but a result of faith - and without this first step of faith it is definitely not possible to please God.

But as we continue our walk with Christ, He becomes more and more real. With each new step our eyes are opened a little wider and we are allowed to see a little clearer. The challenges of yesterday which required great faith have become easier to bear...for now we can see! However, the increase of spiritual sight is not the same as an increase of faith.

As our spiritual sight grows, our need for faith in order to walk the same path is actually reduced. Less faith is required when we clearly see; "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1). True faith always involves a confidence of the unknown, an assurance of what is unseen. This point is easy to misunderstand so read carefully.

Our Heavenly Father desires to lead us in a life of faith. This means He often draws us into the unknown, for it is only in the unknown that we truly learn to "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). And as the unknown becomes known, He will surely call us to take the next step and trust Him more.

Where is God calling us today? For some it's to take the awesome step required for Salvation through faith in Jesus; "Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:7). For some it's a step of trust for a burden which right now seems completely unbearable; and for some, it's a step into a level of service which appears impossible to achieve. Each of these require a step into the unknown, into a place we cannot see; but each is part of the great adventure of faith!

Though the unknown is sometimes uncomfortable and maybe even a little scary, being guided by God into what we cannot see is the essence of a life of faith - a life which pleases God. Until the day He calls us Home, we must continue to listen, step, and grow - we must continue to live daily by faith.

Have a Christ Centered Day

What part of Queens are you from?
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by garymc View Post
                I have a quick question. Can I sprint and walk fast on pft2?
                Don’t walk, I’m sure with the time limit you could run and walk but it just looks tacky. Once you get to the academy all of the CBPO that are in your TRT sessions are SRT guys and if they see you walking during an FGS or really anytime, well just stand by you’re going to get a nice talk about why we don’t walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                  Don’t walk, I’m sure with the time limit you could run and walk but it just looks tacky. Once you get to the academy all of the CBPO that are in your TRT sessions are SRT guys and if they see you walking during an FGS or really anytime, well just stand by you’re going to get a nice talk about why we don’t walk.
                  Yeah and when you are eating the dirt and working out. No laughing, talking with 1 another and no groaning. It will upset them more. And they will work you harder.
                  CBPO
                  Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                  TO: 2/2011
                  Medical: 3/22/2011
                  PT Test: 3/22/2011
                  VBT: 3/2011
                  Background: 3/2011
                  Drug Test: 4/2011
                  Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                  PT Test 2: TBD
                  FLETC: Good Question lol
                  CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                  Info Session 9/2009
                  Interview 3/2010
                  COE 5/2010
                  Medical 5/2010
                  Fit/Background 7/2010
                  All clear as of 11/2010
                  FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                    I agree with Locke and Merlin on this one. You may be able to do it waking and sprinting or just walkng for that mattet, but it will not look good. It kind of gives a bad impression. I would and will run or jog at a high pace.
                    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                    Score:9X.XX%
                    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Thank you everybody for your advice. When sprit and walk fast I do 1,5 mile under 14 min.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                        Question: I just got a new kitten. Can I take it to FLETC? What is their policy on bringing animals?
                        its awesome here. FLETC is a animal lover enviroment. Pet Friendly academy.

Bring it with no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                          its awesome here. FLETC is a animal lover enviroment. Pet Friendly academy.

Bring it with no problem.
                          Oh thank god, do you know if they do a doggy day care type of thing or if you can bring your dog to class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cee-Ro View Post
                            Whats your timeline?
                            I'm about a month behind you. I took my written in Sept and everything followed after that. I dont remember the exact dates for everything but my poly was mid May and then again at the end of May. Drug test was taken in beginning of June. It seemed like forever for my BI to be completed. CASS never caught up with all my clearances so I never checked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
                              Oh thank god, do you know if they do a doggy day care type of thing or if you can bring your dog to class?
                              Only bring the dog on Fridays, FLETC call it "Doggy Friday".
                              CBPO Exam:12/10
                              TSl: 5/11
                              Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                              Met BI:1/12
                              VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                              Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                              Qual:cleared 3/12
                              Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

• Baysideeeeeeee
                                NYPD EXAM#-1309 LIST-5xx

APD5 -
                                MEDICAL-
                                WRITTEN PSYCH -
                                ORAL PSYCH - 05/06/13 passed
                                B.I MEETING -
                                JST -
                                MINI MED - pending

BORDER PATROL - pending
                                CBP OFFICER - pending
                                SUFFOLK COUNTY P.D - pending
                                WESTCHESTER COUNTY C.O - pending
                                ROCKLAND COUNTY P.D - pending

" THE MAN WHO SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR NEVER FALLS OUT OF BED" - UNKNOWN

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7718 users online. 173 members and 7545 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X