Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lmao hahaha lol

Originally posted by iamwolf View Post
    question: I just got a new kitten. Can i take it to fletc? What is their policy on bringing animals?

Comment

• I'd probably run at a steady pace...that way you save a little energy/sprint for the end if you need it. Only walk if necessary. If you walk its almost like you don't want to start running again...at least its that way for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thor86 View Post
        New to the forum. Got the call a week ago!! PTF2 June 29th. Pre-Academy training July 17th. EOD Aug 17th. I was given a lot of options but chose El Paso. Wish me luck on the PTF2!!
        Whats your timeline?
        SWB
        TEST: 07/2011
        NOR: 8/30/2011
        TSL: 10/12/2011
        PRE-Employment Forms
        Qualifications GS7
        Medical Exam
        Structured Interview
        Drug Screening
        Background Investigation 12/20/2011 met BI 03/12/2012
        Fitness

Comment

• No one is going to say anything if you walk as long as you make the time. With that being said I wouldn't want to be the guy that walked, remember the people taking the pft with you are most likely in your same academy class and you don't want to be known as "that guy." Also you will not be allowed to take breaks during the push ups or sit ups, and on the sit ups your elbow has to go beyond the crease in your leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by skoonz View Post
            Lmao hahaha lol
            Sheesh. A "No animals allowed in FLETC" would've done just fine. lol I don't wanna leave my kitten here alone. :*( LOL
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Anyone have any movement for Northwest border? I am expecting that I have many months of waiting ahead of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by garymc View Post
                I have a quick question. Can I sprint and walk fast on pft2?
                I think you can cartwheel. As long as you somehow travel a distance of 1.5 miles in under 17 min, 15 sec. You can jog, run, walk, etc. Just practice enough beforehand and try out different things. You'll find out what works best for you. I did a steady jog the entire time & finished under 15 min
                San Ysidro, CA
                EOD: 7/16/2012
                FLETC: 8/17/2012-12/31/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Rissa220 View Post
                  I think you can cartwheel. As long as you somehow travel a distance of 1.5 miles in under 17 min, 15 sec. You can jog, run, walk, etc. Just practice enough beforehand and try out different things. You'll find out what works best for you. I did a steady jog the entire time & finished under 15 min
                  I might try the cartwheel thing. Or maybe some forward rolls to the finish line...
                  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Get Some View Post
                    How far are they down the score for SWB for TSL's?
                    I got a TSL with a score of 85 from a test i took in 2010 that i re-used for the new announcement. The strange thing is that i applied for SWB a while ago and didnt get anything. I applied for the newer announcement when Midwest was an option and got an NOR for that. But when i got my TSL it was for SWB. Not sure why, i assumed my new app would have replaced my SWB one??? Oh well it doesnt matter to me. Got my TSL a few weeks ago, passed my PFT1 on the 11th of June, had my VBT on the 20th and got my medical exam this monday. See how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      I remember going in thinking at the I would do fine with the step test no big deal. Considering I run and hit the gym 4 to 5 times a week, but as I was more then halfway through I started to think I can see how this could get rough for some ppl. I mean if your not in shape and your endurance is low then it could be a problem. I hear you about zoning out though, I did the same thing haha. Oh and definetly go to the VBT, if she didn't stop you during the step test then maybe it will work out. Plus you don't want to find out later you passed the pft1,only to be dropped from the process bc you didn't go to your VBT.
                      Haha, yep. I run 3 to 5 miles about 4 times a week and no matter how many times i do that step test i always forget how tiring it can be. I can definitely see people who arent very active or prepared can get dropped just for flopping that portion of the test. Up, Up, Down, Down...

Comment

• Why does every CBPO tell me that the SWB is like the "wild west"? I mean literally, I just spoke to a CBPO right now and she used the exact same words. I guess I'm gonna have to start improving my gun draw speed.

Comment

• IamWolf,
                          Any word on your poly yet? How long has it been?

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
                            IamWolf,
                            Any word on your poly yet? How long has it been?
                            No word yet. It's gonna be exactly 4 weeks this wed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                              No word yet. It's gonna be exactly 4 weeks this wed.
                              No news is good news, it seems like you are hanging out @ your main box waiting for a letter from MHC just go about your daily routine and wait for CASS to be update you be fine

Comment

• Quick random question for anyone that knows. Does CBP have a hair style policy for guys? The reason I ask is I'm going into my interview in a couple of weeks and I currently have short-medium hair with some blonde in it on the top. I work at a professional place currently and they are fine with it, but I wanted to make sure it is okay with CBP. I was just going to get a buzz cut until a supervisor recently told me that they will be fine with it the way it currently is and not to cut it for no reason. Just wanting to get some input.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9320 users online. 465 members and 8855 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X