Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my VBT a month ago, and I wore a suit, I say dress to impress.. good luck... try not to sweat it, its different but not that bed...

Comment

• Originally posted by mi562 View Post
      I believe barnaj is an expert on the day-to-day operations of CBP, even though he/she has not attended FLETC yet!
      Everyday I wake up looking forward to reading your posts!!! Thanks for always being here MRS ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXPERT!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        There are many places where weapons get pulled on a regular basis.
        Yeah, right before you process someone...

Sorry, you tossed up a watermelon. But honestly, who in their right mind picks a location on how often they might have to pull their weapon? That is absolutely idiotic!

Comment

I believe barnaj is an expert on the day-to-day operations of CBP, even though he/she has not attended FLETC yet!
          your posts are completely meaningless. if you think you are better than most of us in here, why McCain did not pick you instead
          Integrity First
          Service Before Self
          Excellence In All We Do

Comment

Im not gonna get into an argument with someone hiding behind a computer screen. But just so you know, i was a CBPO and have been to FLETC already.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FutureLE
              Do CBPO's pull their weapons much at any location?

Where exactly are you and what are you doing?

There are many places where weapons get pulled on a regular basis.
              My point is simply that its not a big time tactical position. If you wanna pull your gun every day, join the Detroit police department.

Comment

• Originally posted by windyctyaudi View Post
                OK i have my VBT here in Georgia next week, but im not exacle sure what i should wear, a suit, nice slacks and shirt and tie or what? any input will help.

I would suggest nice slacks and long sleeve shirt... tie optional... personally I do not feel comfortable using ties since I have a big neck :S.
                TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post

Everyday I wake up looking forward to reading your posts!!! Thanks for always being here MRS ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXPERT!
                  Without making this an all out war; mi562 you have to admit that you are totally super-critical with many of the people that visit these forums. Of your 35 posts here (and in other threads) about 10 of them are comments about users not having correct grammar, spelling, sentence structure and typos. Generally your feedback is elitist and counterproductive to the entire idea of this forum. Blogs and forums are supposed to be a casual environment where users can come and ask questions without fear of ridicule, not to be graded on their typing/spelling skills. Having said that, please feel free to tear my posting apart. My BS was in Computer Engineering, not English.

Melin436, verbalkint4, kc12, qixfeet and anyone of CBPO vets that take the time to answer so many questions that we all have about this process: thank you so much for efforts. It’s people like you that help take the edge off what seems to be an extraordinarily stressful process.

I’ll now hop off my soapbox and hide in the background with all the other candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry1224 View Post
                    Without making this an all out war; mi562 you have to admit that you are totally super-critical with many of the people that visit these forums. Of your 35 posts here (and in other threads) about 10 of them are comments about users not having correct grammar, spelling, sentence structure and typos. Generally your feedback is elitist and counterproductive to the entire idea of this forum. Blogs and forums are supposed to be a casual environment where users can come and ask questions without fear of ridicule, not to be graded on their typing/spelling skills. Having said that, please feel free to tear my posting apart. My BS was in Computer Engineering, not English.

Melin436, verbalkint4, kc12, qixfeet and anyone of CBPO vets that take the time to answer so many questions that we all have about this process: thank you so much for efforts. It’s people like you that help take the edge off what seems to be an extraordinarily stressful process.

I’ll now hop off my soapbox and hide in the background with all the other candidates.
                    Good said.........however, they are journey men like that out there. It is reality. For me, I rather have a JR “go getter” next to me, than have a SB vet. Again, this is 2 cents.
                    There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• *there* HA!, I caught that one before mi562.......
                      There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• I met with my background investigator early June and my friend/co-worker met with hers mid July. I was told by the lady in IA the last week in July that she made her decision and passed my files to the adjudicator which is the last step. Ive been waiting since then and my friend said she received her call on thursday. She starts Sept. 15 at MIA airport. What is going on? Is mine taking longer because my family was not born citizens and her family were born citizens? Ive been living at the same address all my life. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyta18 View Post
                          I met with my background investigator early June and my friend/co-worker met with hers mid July. I was told by the lady in IA the last week in July that she made her decision and passed my files to the adjudicator which is the last step. Ive been waiting since then and my friend said she received her call on thursday. She starts Sept. 15 at MIA airport. What is going on? Is mine taking longer because my family was not born citizens and her family were born citizens? Ive been living at the same address all my life. Any suggestions?

Im sure there must be quite a few circumstances that may have delayed your BI, but if she said it was your last step I would think your call is very close. (and also, the way Miami is hiring right now with a new class every week, dont sweat it... youll be getting in soon) Good Luck.
                          Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                          Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                          Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry1224 View Post

Sheesh...awwwwe...shucks, you're welcome.*blushing*

You know...not to jump on the MI562 bandwagon or stand in his corner, but the he does skirt around touching on a very good point.

Casual writing on this board looks sloppy, if nothing else.

Virtually everyone posting here is a LEO and/or Federal Agent/Officer or an applicant to become a LEO/Federal Agent/Officer. Being able to effectively communicate in writing and having the ability to properly use grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. is pretty much essential if one wants to be viewed as a LEO professional.

What you write on the job can, might, and in some cases will make it into the public domain and/or end up as a representation of you in court or elsewhere. It affects your chances for promotion and advancement, and rightly or wrongly strongly influences people's perception of your KSA's. These are skills we should all do our best to master, IMO.

Practicing your best writing here and elsewhere is only going to benefit in the long run.
                            Last edited by merlin436; 08-31-2008, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Waiting Patiently...

Greetings,

I have been monitoring this forum since the beginning of my application process; however this is my first post. Here is my background and timeline:

Tested: Feb 07
                              TO: Nov 07
                              Drug Test/Fitness: Dec 07
                              Met with BI: Jan 08
                              Called by IA for clarification: Feb 08

I cleared all in CASS around March 08. I was offered an interim clearance and contacted in April to EOD. Unfortunately, I had to decline the waivered clearance and wait for the full background to be completed. At the time of the phone call, my wife was pregnant and if I would have gone to the academy I would have missed the birth of my first born.

I believe I made the right decision, because my son was born but he was born with heart complications and remained hospitalized in the NICU. A few weeks later after his release, he had to return to the hospital for a Pylomyotomy.

Since his return home, I have made contact with MHC. MHC informed me that my file is in Washington, D.C (I am assuming the adjudication phase) and continue to be patient. MHC told me that once my background is complete, the file will be returned to HR and I will again be referred to scheduling.

I wish there was a way to contact Security. Unfortunately, I know that avenue is no longer available because of impatient individuals (with far less wait time under their belt) BUGGING security.

On other forums, I have heard that 18 months from when you meet with your BI is usually the longest anyone has to wait, but I have heard of longer though.

I don't have an issue with continuing to wait, unlike the common theme of many of the Generation "Y" applicants. I have been through a government background check before (9 months just to meet with the BI). I guess my biggest concern would be a "hiring freeze".

Is there anyone out there in a similar situation that could provide a positive outlook or advice. Thank you in advance.

Fed Police

Comment

• MERLIN 436: You have a point and are right, but C' on.....Do you really think that I want to get meticulous regarding my English on this LE forum. The last thing I want to worry about is post/write like it is an I-44 or G-166. However, I do understand your point of view. All said and done, there has to be a balance. Just my 2 C,.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11319 users online. 389 members and 10930 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X