Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
    I did not lie on the forms because they asked about usage in the past 7 years...and I tried it a long time ago. So I will be honest.
    I had a similar situation with my BI... SF86 goes back 10 years... so with that in mind I did not indicate any use, when I had tried it as a teen, and I was in my 30's when applying. When I met the investigator he asked if I had "ever" in my life, and I said yes in my teens, he then asked why I had answered no on the form....
    In short, be straight with the investigator and explain why you didn't disclose something that happened more than 7-10 years ago.

    Now for those that are applying right now and have used within the last 5 years... You should not be applying to ANY LEO position. No matter the nature of the usage. I don't know if CBP IA uses a 3 year or a 5 year rule, but as a FLEO hopeful you should not have smoked weed at least 5 years from applying, and never used anything harder than weed as well.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

    Comment


    • Originally posted by yoda View Post
      Now for those that are applying right now and have used within the last 5 years... You should not be applying to ANY LEO position. No matter the nature of the usage. I don't know if CBP IA uses a 3 year or a 5 year rule, but as a FLEO hopeful you should not have smoked weed at least 5 years from applying, and never used anything harder than weed as well.
      Who decides this? Is this just your opinion? Look I understand I have made mistakes, probably more than my fair share, and chances are I will not pass the BI because of those mistakes. However, I don't feel as if you can just make a broad statement like that and accept it as gospel.

      If you want to disqualify someone for ever having used illegal drugs, that is fine.(I would actually support that more than the following.) Putting a time frame on it seems ridiculous to me, so I made a mistake a year and a half ago but the guy who made the same mistake three years ago is somehow a better candidate? Oh, and according to some people, neither of us have any business applying for the job in the first place.

      (steps of soapbox)

      I wish you all good luck in the process.
      CBPO
      GEO:SWB
      Written Test: 6/6/12
      NOR: 6/15/12 (97 w/o Vet Pref)
      TSL1: 6/18/12

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
        You could always contact someone you put on your E-Qips form and see if they have been contacted in any way from a strange number, asking questions about you.
        They have not contacted them. Everyone that I put on my Eqip including my boss would let me know right away.
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shark View Post
          It's amazing and almost incredible how the marijuana (an illegal drug) is so common. I've never used any illegal drug. I think that drug use could be an important factor that may disqualify a Federal Agent applicant. Remember that part of the BI is to know our friends and people around us and I think the atmosphere of marijuana should not be very good.
          O alemao, voce sabe que faz quase 10 anos que nao converso com esses malandros com que eu fumava drogas cuando era pequeno? Voce acha que faz diferenca ate que ja passou tanto tempo? Eu espero que nao.
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

          Comment


          • Originally posted by leotheleo View Post
            Who decides this? Is this just your opinion? Look I understand I have made mistakes, probably more than my fair share, and chances are I will not pass the BI because of those mistakes. However, I don't feel as if you can just make a broad statement like that and accept it as gospel.

            If you want to disqualify someone for ever having used illegal drugs, that is fine.(I would actually support that more than the following.) Putting a time frame on it seems ridiculous to me, so I made a mistake a year and a half ago but the guy who made the same mistake three years ago is somehow a better candidate? Oh, and according to some people, neither of us have any business applying for the job in the first place.

            (steps of soapbox)

            I wish you all good luck in the process.
            This is why I think every situation is different. I don't believe the agency is foolish enough to be blind-sighted to all other indications of integrity because of one mere factor. Then again, a year and a half ago is not a very long time. If I was hiring I would definitely pick the guy that hasn't smoked for 3 years over you, granted all other variables were the same.
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

            Comment


            • [QUOTE=Americoza;3077750][QUOTE=Sick of being a Army Grunt.. ( I've been to war 3 times). You may have seen the thumb tack thing, it wont work.... Clunching your butt..... It wont work! I would just say to any that reads this and havent taken the poly yet just be honest! I admitted to smoking the grass a few times, but that was 9 years ago in high school before I joined the Army and became a "man" maybe I will pass, or maybe they will fail me for that!


              I do respect that you were in combat zone but let me assure you - you are not the only one who participated,I know exactly what the real war looks like,what it smells like ,and what it feels like,so please stop poking my eye with your experience.
              With all respect sincerely Americoza.[/QUOTE]





              Poking your eye hahahaha never, I was merely using that as an example of my ability to deal with all types of stress. Also showing that Im a hard nut to crack and that I really had no anxiety from taking the test but when my mind wondered and I tried to relax more that she/machine could tell what I was doing. No hard feelings bro.
              Test -02 April 2012
              NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
              Qualifications - (Pending)
              PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
              VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
              Drug Test - (pending)
              Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
              B.I. - In security office
              Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
              PFT2 -
              EOD -


              Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by leotheleo View Post
                Who decides this? Is this just your opinion? Look I understand I have made mistakes, probably more than my fair share, and chances are I will not pass the BI because of those mistakes. However, I don't feel as if you can just make a broad statement like that and accept it as gospel.

                If you want to disqualify someone for ever having used illegal drugs, that is fine.(I would actually support that more than the following.) Putting a time frame on it seems ridiculous to me, so I made a mistake a year and a half ago but the guy who made the same mistake three years ago is somehow a better candidate? Oh, and according to some people, neither of us have any business applying for the job in the first place.

                (steps of soapbox)

                I wish you all good luck in the process.
                It is called time span between when the act was committed, someone that tried it once 3 years ago and someone that was a habitual user up to 3 years ago will look somewhat different.
                You can not go into a position to enforce laws that you yourself violated a year or so ago... this is simple common sense. No one here is judging, but do keep in mind that the job of the BI is to dig up everything and the job of the Adjudicator is to "judge" on your suitability for this job.

                If you want to be in any LEO position you will need to keep clean, stay out of trouble, and stay away from family and friends that are involved in illicit activities... and this is how it will have to stay for the rest of your career.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                  O alemao, voce sabe que faz quase 10 anos que nao converso com esses malandros com que eu fumava drogas cuando era pequeno? Voce acha que faz diferenca ate que ja passou tanto tempo? Eu espero que nao.
                  O cara, Eu acho que nao, ... But I think is no fair to talk in Portuguese here . Now, What I said: Never, the drug atmosphere is good . It doesn't matter if is an "inoffensive marijuana". An error is an error, I know that, but people who tried drug recently should not apply for any LEO. How they will stop somebody with some marijuana in a port of entry?? or they will say; " I will let you go, but don't do that again"... I don't think so.
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:12/10
                  TSl: 5/11
                  Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                  Met BI:1/12
                  VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                  Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                  Qual:cleared 3/12
                  Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    This is why I think every situation is different. I don't believe the agency is foolish enough to be blind-sighted to all other indications of integrity because of one mere factor. Then again, a year and a half ago is not a very long time. If I was hiring I would definitely pick the guy that hasn't smoked for 3 years over you, granted all other variables were the same.
                    The agency itself has no say, these are standards that are set and that have to be met by all applicants... The BI is conducted by a contractor, then it's sent to IA to be Adjudicated, all the while the whole hiring process is being conducted by MHC... another contractor.

                    With that said, every situation and circumstances are different, and the totality of circumstances will play a big role. 1-2 uses 3 years ago and a habitual user 5 years ago will look different in the eyes of IA... just to give you an easy example.
                    You also need to see it from the agencies point of view... an officer empowered to enforce these laws, that used drugs in the past 3 years, is a liability in court if that officer is to appear and state why he/she arrested and seized said person and drugs...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      It is called time span between when the act was committed, someone that tried it once 3 years ago and someone that was a habitual user up to 3 years ago will look somewhat different.
                      You can not go into a position to enforce laws that you yourself violated a year or so ago... this is simple common sense. No one here is judging, but do keep in mind that the job of the BI is to dig up everything and the job of the Adjudicator is to "judge" on your suitability for this job.

                      If you want to be in any LEO position you will need to keep clean, stay out of trouble, and stay away from family and friends that are involved in illicit activities... and this is how it will have to stay for the rest of your career.
                      I really like your opinion and that was I tried to say.
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:12/10
                      TSl: 5/11
                      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                      Met BI:1/12
                      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                      Qual:cleared 3/12
                      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Shark View Post
                        O cara, Eu acho que nao, ... But I think is no fair to talk in Portuguese here . Now, What I said: Never, the drug atmosphere is good . It doesn't matter if is an "inoffensive marijuana". An error is an error, I know that, but people who tried drug recently should not apply for any LEO. How they will stop somebody with some marijuana in a port of entry?? or they will say; " I will let you go, but don't do that again"... I don't think so.
                        Either that or they can be a hypocrite and be strict with them anyways. lol
                        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                        Comment


                        • So I contacted MHC staffing and nothing back from Quality Control yet. She said that 3 weeks is not that long for the amount of mandatory polygraphs they have to go through nowadays.

                          She also said that my BI started April I explained to her that I thought it would actually start when the BI comes to my house to speak to me. She said that he can pretty much do all the Eqip paperwork before he meets with me if he wants to.

                          I hope my investigator likes to do paper work
                          Last edited by IamWolf; 06-20-2012, 12:28 PM.
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                          Comment


                          • Looks like it might be the end of the road for me. I got a letter in the mail stating a propose to withdraw my offer due to all my speeding tickets from years back and I have 15 days to reply. Sad I get all this way to this point and then this happens....
                            Geographic Availability: SouthWest
                            Application: August 2011
                            Exam: August 2011
                            N.O.R: September 2011
                            TSL1: October 2011
                            E-Qip:November 2011
                            PFT-1: December 21st, 2011
                            B.I.: January 2012-March 2012
                            Structured Interview/VBT: March 2012
                            Drug Test: May 2012
                            Polygraph Test: May 2012

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sidewayz8 View Post
                              Looks like it might be the end of the road for me. I got a letter in the mail stating a propose to withdraw my offer due to all my speeding tickets from years back and I have 15 days to reply. Sad I get all this way to this point and then this happens....
                              Sorry to hear that kind of news so far along in the process just have faith and hold your head up, how many tickets you talking about and how many years back if you don't mind me asking

                              Comment


                              • PFT1= passed
                                App. 7.2011
                                Test 7.2011
                                N.O.R. 9.2011
                                TSL1 MAY-2012
                                TSL2 May-2012
                                B.I. -In Security Office
                                PFT1-June-Passed-2012
                                Medical - July-2012
                                VBT/SI - July-2012

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12671 users online. 499 members and 12172 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X