300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
    Thank you Americoza that's a very good point. I wish they didn't give poly's they aren't that accurate.

Can someone explain the step test? How many? And in what amount of time?
    DMBROKS, you probably didn't get a chance to read this. Read it so that you have more understanding. Others also provided the summary already, good luck, it wasn't that bad..

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...r/cbp_officer/
    Test -1/4/11
    NOR - 5/9/12
    TSL 1 - 5/10/12
    TSL 2- 5/11/12
    Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
    PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
    VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
    Drug Test - ?
    Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
    B.I. - ?
    Poly- ?
    PFT2 - ?
    EOD - ?

Comment

• You guys realize that this is a public forum, and you are not only admiting to using controled sustances, but to being dishonest on an official government document....

Comment

• Originally posted by allandchen View Post
        That will be nice. I am still waiting for the all for poly, hopefully they won't make me wait for too long. After you described your situation, it makes me wonder if G doesn't start our background until AFTER the poly. Mine says in Security Office, and you might be in the same shoe and since they are going over your eqip during the poly and pretty much asking questions on your eqip, I really think the background might have not started yet.

They started mines already, My supervisor told me that they called him already asking about my Army career and was I a team player etc etc.... Im guessing that they go hand and hand. Before I started the poly, when we went over E-Qip's, I even had to answer some questions about something on my credit report. I didnt feel as if they/she was trying to fail me. Like I said they will give you time to fess-up about anything. My advice would be to use that time wisely and come clean about whatever.
        Test -02 April 2012
        NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
        TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
        Qualifications - (Pending)
        PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
        VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
        Drug Test - (pending)
        Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
        B.I. - In security office
        Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
        PFT2 -
        EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
          They started mines already, My supervisor told me that they called him already asking about my Army career and was I a team player etc etc.... Im guessing that they go hand and hand. Before I started the poly, when we went over E-Qip's, I even had to answer some questions about something on my credit report. I didnt feel as if they/she was trying to fail me. Like I said they will give you time to fess-up about anything. My advice would be to use that time wisely and come clean about whatever.
          Lucky you. No word from my BI yet 3 weeks after the poly. I have no idea what's going on.
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by cbguzzo85; 06-20-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbguzzo85 View Post
              Hi this is my first post on this board, I am fairly far along in the process I have passed everything including the polygraph, I told the truth. The only thing left is the background investigation. After reading BassJunkies post I am extremely disappointed. I hope thats not true... I was completely truthful with the man during the polygraph examination and I did do marijuana twice about two years ago.. I passed the polygraph and I was extremely relieved, now I have to worry about this. If anyone may have any thing to say about this it would be much appreciated. I am praying that this may be an isolated incident and maybe its not the same for everyone.
              What were you told after the exam? Were you told straight up that you passed? Not to discredit BassJunkie but I have never seen the 3-year rule in writing on anything official. I'm sure he was told that by someone who knows what they're talking about. At the same time, I may be wrong, but I feel like a polygraph can be used as a tool of discretion. If the poly examiner likes you and thinks your honest he's probably gonna try hard to pass you. If he likes you're a low life, and reads anything that can be interpreted as deception on your graph, then he'll probably fail you. Every situation is different. How long has it been since your poly? I read somewhere on here before that if you pass the 2 week mark then you've more than likely passed your poly. Hope that helps.
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Last edited by cbguzzo85; 06-20-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                  Lucky you. No word from my BI yet 3 weeks after the poly. I have no idea what's going on.
                  You could always contact someone you put on your E-Qips form and see if they have been contacted in any way from a strange number, asking questions about you.
                  Test -02 April 2012
                  NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                  TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                  Qualifications - (Pending)
                  PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                  VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                  Drug Test - (pending)
                  Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                  B.I. - In security office
                  Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                  PFT2 -
                  EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• It's amazing and almost incredible how the marijuana (an illegal drug) is so common. I've never used any illegal drug. I think that drug use could be an important factor that may disqualify a Federal Agent applicant. Remember that part of the BI is to know our friends and people around us and I think the atmosphere of marijuana should not be very good.
                    Geo:SWB
                    CBPO Exam:12/10
                    TSl: 5/11
                    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                    Met BI:1/12
                    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                    Qual:cleared 3/12
                    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                      Shark, voce fala portugues?
                      Sim...
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:12/10
                      TSl: 5/11
                      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                      Met BI:1/12
                      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                      Qual:cleared 3/12
                      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                        It's amazing and almost incredible how the marijuana (an illegal drug) is so common. I've never used any illegal drug. I think that drug use could be an important factor that may disqualify a Federal Agent applicant. Remember that part of the BI is to know our friends and people around us and I think the atmosphere of marijuana should not be very good.
                        You make it sound like someone who has used marijuana has to hang out with drug dealers all the time. The drug is everywhere. You can look at the amount of possession arrests each year and determine that quite easily. There are some states where getting caught with "personal use" amounts of marijuana simply gets you a fine. Not all that different from driving around without a light above your license plate. I believe our country recognizes the difference between smoking a little bit and taking hits of acid, etc.

With all that said, it is an illegal drug and we spend large amounts of money to control the substance each year. I wish I could take back the couple times I have tried it. I can't. But I dare you to prove you will be a better officer than I am because I have smoked a couple times.
                        CBPO
                        GEO:SWB
                        Written Test: 6/6/12
                        NOR: 6/15/12 (97 w/o Vet Pref)
                        TSL1: 6/18/12

Comment

• [QUOTE=Sick of being a Army Grunt.. ( I've been to war 3 times). You may have seen the thumb tack thing, it wont work.... Clunching your butt..... It wont work! I would just say to any that reads this and havent taken the poly yet just be honest! I admitted to smoking the grass a few times, but that was 9 years ago in high school before I joined the Army and became a "man" maybe I will pass, or maybe they will fail me for that!

I do respect that you were in combat zone but let me assure you - you are not the only one who participated,I know exactly what the real war looks like,what it smells like ,and what it feels like,so please stop poking my eye with your experience.
                          With all respect sincerely Americoza.

Comment

• DMBROCKS,

What are you going to say when they ask you why you did not put you used Marijuana in your background forms?? They will ask if you purposely lied on your forms.

Comment

• I should could use a cass update..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ESBU24 View Post
                                DMBROCKS,

What are you going to say when they ask you why you did not put you used Marijuana in your background forms?? They will ask if you purposely lied on your forms.
                                I did not lie on the forms because they asked about usage in the past 7 years...and I tried it a long time ago. So I will be honest.
                                CBPO
                                Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
                                NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
                                TSL1- 5/25/12
                                TSL2 - 5/30/12
                                e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
                                Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
                                PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
                                VBT -
                                S.I. -
                                Medical - 7/13/12
                                Drug Test -
                                B.I. - In Security Office
                                PFT2 -
                                EOD -
                                $$$

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10038 users online. 372 members and 9666 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X