300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
    Multiple Traffic Offenses: Multiple traffic citations for reckless or high-speed driving, including driving with a suspended license, are examples of high-risk, antisocial behavior that may be a security concern. Many such offenses are actually arrests for driving while intoxicated that have been plea-bargained down to a lesser offense. A person with a large number of unpaid parking tickets may be considered a scofflaw. A large number of minor offenses raises concerns about a person’s attitude toward authority and responsibility. A person who feels above the law in this respect may also feel that some security regulations are picky and unnecessary and do not merit his or her compliance.
    well mine are for none of those, two are for 6-10mph over, and my other was for wrong insurance papers(i have 3 cars lol), all over the past 2yrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
      well mine are for none of those, two are for 6-10mph over, and my other was for wrong insurance papers(i have 3 cars lol), all over the past 2yrs.
      So, if you have the opportunity to clarify that, just have all your records prepared if they ask for it. good luck.
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:12/10
      TSl: 5/11
      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
      Met BI:1/12
      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
      Qual:cleared 3/12
      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
      PFT2:
      EOD:

Comment

• Hey guys,

Question about PFT2. My drug test is scheduled for tomorrow and if everything goes well I may finally get a chance to take the PFT2. I am in good shape and I shouldn't have any problems with the test requirements. However, my question is...I've always had a bit of an elevated heart rate. I'm worried that during the medical exam prior to the PFT2 that my heart rate will be above 100bpm. According to the CBP website, this will disable me from participating in the test. I'm hoping this doesn't happen. Has this ever happened to anyone? Does anyone know what my options are if my heart rate is over the allowed limit prior to the test?

Thanks!
        CPB OFFICER
        GEO – SW Border
        Exam - 08/13/2011
        TSL – 09/11/2011
        Medical – 09/28/2011
        PFT 1 – 11/07/2011
        VBT-SI – 12/12/2011
        Additional Medical Information, Personal Doctor Visits 12/2011-01/2012
        BI Forms Submitted - 01/09/2012
        Poly – 02/28/2012 (worst day ever)
        Met with BI – 03/24/2012
        BI Cleared in CASS – 06/12/2012
        Drug Test – 06/20/2012
        EOD – 07/30/2012, FLETC 08/31/12 - 01/15/13
        PFT 2 –

Comment

• Originally posted by cmlmt5 View Post
          Hey guys,

Question about PFT2. My drug test is scheduled for tomorrow and if everything goes well I may finally get a chance to take the PFT2. I am in good shape and I shouldn't have any problems with the test requirements. However, my question is...I've always had a bit of an elevated heart rate. I'm worried that during the medical exam prior to the PFT2 that my heart rate will be above 100bpm. According to the CBP website, this will disable me from participating in the test. I'm hoping this doesn't happen. Has this ever happened to anyone? Does anyone know what my options are if my heart rate is over the allowed limit prior to the test?

Thanks!
          Your PFT2 will be scheduled when you get "the call" with an actual job offer... not before.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks!
            I think if your medical services is professional, they should let you retest after taking a little bit of rest. I think drinking a little bit of water helps. Also, try to chit chat with the examiner and do keep thinking about will my heart beat pump too fast. Relax and treat it like a regular annual exam you do. You will be fine and good luck to you!!
            Test -1/4/11
            NOR - 5/9/12
            TSL 1 - 5/10/12
            TSL 2- 5/11/12
            Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
            PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
            VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
            Drug Test - ?
            Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
            B.I. - ?
            Poly- ?
            PFT2 - ?
            EOD - ?

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks!
              When my adrenaline starts going I'm pretty sure mine gets above 100bps too. I wonder if they'd give me a retest.
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by allandchen View Post
                I think if your medical services is professional, they should let you retest after taking a little bit of rest. I think drinking a little bit of water helps. Also, try to chit chat with the examiner and do keep thinking about will my heart beat pump too fast. Relax and treat it like a regular annual exam you do. You will be fine and good luck to you!!
                So they'd let you relax for a bit and take it in the same day? That makes sense. From what I remember reading they just send you back. Sometimes they retest and sometimes they don't. I'd assume they'd let you retest, whether on the same day or not, with all these law suits nowadays.
                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                  So they'd let you relax for a bit and take it in the same day? That makes sense. From what I remember reading they just send you back. Sometimes they retest and sometimes they don't. I'd assume they'd let you retest, whether on the same day or not, with all these law suits nowadays.
                  IamWolf, fique tranquilo . For sure I will have to do the same thing before to take the test.
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:12/10
                  TSl: 5/11
                  Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                  Met BI:1/12
                  VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                  Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                  Qual:cleared 3/12
                  Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by allandchen View Post
                    Good job Sick of being a Army Grunt!

I think the best ting is to is to tell the truth, especially when they give you a second chance to tell the truth. Our timeline is very similar, so hopefully I get the call for the poly soon as well. I think we have to always picture ourselves conducting the polygraph on others. If we already know the truth, and when we ask people questions for them to be honest and they end up lying on our face, especially when the 2nd chance is given, we would be mad too. Best thing is to is to know your background (if you can't remember when you filled out the eqip), then clarify with the officer and tell nothing but the truth. It shouldn't be bad. Even though G is spending a lot of time and money, I am sure they don't implement the polygraph to FAIL people when they already invested so much on NOR, TSL, PFT1, Medical exam, and etc.. Good luck to you Sick of being a Army Grunt and all of us!!

True statements, its not as hard as people make it seem. I wont go over exactly what happened during the process but yes you get plenty of chances to tell the truth about everything. I was just completely honest so it was fairly easy. They go over your e-qips before hand. I just got hassled on one question but after we talked about it I/we figured out what was wrong. I didnt know the address for my parents so I used my grandmothers address. When asked a certain question about E-Qips, that came up as something I was not being honest about but again we talked, figured out what it was and got passed it. Good luck to you, like I told someone before, if all goes well we may just end up at FLETC together.
                    Test -02 April 2012
                    NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                    TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                    Qualifications - (Pending)
                    PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                    VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                    Drug Test - (pending)
                    Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                    B.I. - In security office
                    Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                    PFT2 -
                    EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• 3 days for medical/pft1, bloods already pumping, and yea i check cass everyday too (just for kicks) it is definately more addicting than facebook lol.
                      CBPO
                      App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                      Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                      ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                      APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                      PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                      Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                      Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Iamwolf when you take your poly are you going to be up front about smoking in the past? I am curious to see what they say? If you ask me they should pass you.
                        CBPO
                        Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
                        NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
                        TSL1- 5/25/12
                        TSL2 - 5/30/12
                        e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
                        Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
                        PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
                        VBT -
                        S.I. -
                        Medical - 7/13/12
                        Drug Test -
                        B.I. - In Security Office
                        PFT2 -
                        EOD -
                        $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
                          Iamwolf when you take your poly are you going to be up front about smoking in the past? I am curious to see what they say? If you ask me they should pass you.
                          Already took the poly. I was upfront about everything, even about the slightest technical doubt I had in my quasi-philosophical mind. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I took the poly and I am still in CASS so I'm assuming that's a good thing. I think Uncle Sam is more reasonable than people think when it comes to their past. However, I don't think they are willing to compromise on getting someone that is 100% honest. At least I wouldn't. And I agree with you, I would pass me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                            3 days for medical/pft1, bloods already pumping, and yea i check cass everyday too (just for kicks) it is definately more addicting than facebook lol.
                            FB aint got nothing on CASS lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                              Already took the poly. I was upfront about everything, even about the slightest technical doubt I had in my quasi-philosophical mind. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I took the poly and I am still in CASS so I'm assuming that's a good thing. I think Uncle Sam is more reasonable than people think when it comes to their past. However, I don't think they are willing to compromise on getting someone that is 100% honest. At least I wouldn't. And I agree with you, I would pass me too.
                              I put on my eqip that I never tried drugs in the past. Now I wish I didn't after hearing your story. I was hoping I could beat the machine. Now I don't know what to do. Even Obama smoked in high school.
                              CBPO
                              Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
                              NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
                              TSL1- 5/25/12
                              TSL2 - 5/30/12
                              e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
                              Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
                              PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
                              VBT -
                              S.I. -
                              Medical - 7/13/12
                              Drug Test -
                              B.I. - In Security Office
                              PFT2 -
                              EOD -
                              $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                                You going to have to email MHC and request the change, it might take like 2 days to get back to you with a new NOR good luck
                                Alright, Ill send them the request and hope for the best! Thank You CTM045..
                                Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8187 users online. 358 members and 7829 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X