300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chris11b View Post
    i have a few questions regarding the B.I if anyone can help me out. I recently moved home after being discharged from the U.S Army and i havent spoken with friends in a long time, its just me and my wife all by ourselves starting from scratch. I listed a few old friends on my e-qip (gave me no choice but to list a minimum number ) as contacts but im not sure exactly of their information, they might have changed their numbers and addresses. Will the ivestigator take into account the fact that since i moved home from across the country and started a new life the contacts that know me havent seen me in 4+years? Also will he/she personally interview them as well as my family and my former military supervisors(stationed in south korea)? My parents are immigrants from Greece and dont speak very good enlish. Im just trying to understand all of this..also B.I has been at security office since 4/17/12 and wondering how long it will be untill i hear anything from that?

the ivestigator will call ur station to talk to ur supervisors or co-worker... as for contacts just tell the ivestigator as mush info as u can and the truth they will understand. many ivestigators are retired military

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
      the ivestigator will call ur station to talk to ur supervisors or co-worker... as for contacts just tell the ivestigator as mush info as u can and the truth they will understand. many ivestigators are retired military
      Poolearmor, no problem, the investigator will find the way to talk with family o friends in another languages if necessary. In my case, one of my investigator used a translator. Additionally, I listed an small quantity of contacts and the investigator asked my friends for some another contacts, and at the end the investigator spoke with a lot of persons. I know that because my friends not in the initial list, called me to tell me that somebody called them. The investigators interviewed friends in Miami FL, family in Jacksonville FL, and me up here in Pittsburgh. That's their job, find our background. Good luck.
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:12/10
      TSl: 5/11
      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
      Met BI:1/12
      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
      Qual:cleared 3/12
      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
      PFT2:
      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Yeah, if we're talking GS-05 RUS base pay.

As a practical matter it'll depend on your port and a bunch of other circumstances as to just what 'the pay' will be. Very few people make base pay only.

Edited to add:
        It appears you're current BOP. That likely changes things in your case. You'll probably either come in at your current pay rate or a GS-05/10...whichever is cheaper.
        I wasn't enthused about what the starting rate is as I would take a huge cut in pay. I'll still take it but it would be a struggle that first year. The potential is worth it.

It would be nice to at least be stepped out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilDog22 View Post
          I wasn't enthused about what the starting rate is as I would take a huge cut in pay. I'll still take it but it would be a struggle that first year. The potential is worth it.

It would be nice to at least be stepped out.
          Tell me..... mine will be a big cut. But I still want it...
          Last edited by Shark; 06-18-2012, 11:16 AM.
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• PFT2 in 4 days...SO ready but I just want it to be over, passed, and official. I feel the adrenaline pumping through me already!!
            San Ysidro, CA
            EOD: 7/16/2012
            FLETC: 8/17/2012-12/31/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Rissa220 View Post
              PFT2 in 4 days...SO ready but I just want it to be over, passed, and official. I feel the adrenaline pumping through me already!!
              congratulation!!!
              PFT2:
              EOD:

Comment

• Guys,remember one thing, a poly examinor is not your friend no matter how hard he or she is trying to appear.Their goal to crack you and fail you,my polygrapher told me that I failed a drug question and all the grilling begun,I never used drugs in my life so I denied everything,here is very important moment ,they will try do everything just to crack you including promising that is not a big deal to use or sale drugs ,just whatever it takes you to admit ,if you don't hold your ground and crack -you failed,bu being honest I think an applicant who's used drugs before shouldn't apply for this job.

Comment

• Question,do they provide a pistol or we buy them ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                    Question,do they provide a pistol or we buy them ?
                    They provide your weapon to you at the end of FLETC
                    CBP Officer Southwest Border

Comment

• Hello Everyone!!

I took the test on March 26TH and received a 78 on the exam and have not received my TSL yet. When should I expect to receive one??

I am currently in TSU for BP. Will the B.I, Medical and drug test transfer over to the CBPO hiring process?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                        Guys,remember one thing, a poly examinor is not your friend no matter how hard he or she is trying to appear.Their goal to crack you and fail you,my polygrapher told me that I failed a drug question and all the grilling begun,I never used drugs in my life so I denied everything,here is very important moment ,they will try do everything just to crack you including promising that is not a big deal to use or sale drugs ,just whatever it takes you to admit ,if you don't hold your ground and crack -you failed,bu being honest I think an applicant who's used drugs before shouldn't apply for this job.

I have to disagree with you on that one. There is a difference between being a "hardcore" drug addict and expermiting when you were younger, for some people that could have been 10-12 years ago. On my app I told them that I tried drugs when I was 18 and before the Army. I wont hide that, because even the FBI lets in SA that admits to trying drugs but it has to be more then 7 years before they applied to the FBI. The FBI had to change its policy on prior drug use because they could not get enough applicants. Random drug testing is the best way to solve this problem. Its 2012 it will be really really hard to find 70,000 plus adults who has never used drugs before. You have to remember that getting headache pills from someone could be considered using illegal drugs because they were not given to you from/by a medical professional. If you have never used drugs then thats good for you, but saying that someone who has tried them as a teenager should not get the job is wrong. I could say that if you are not a Veteran of a Foreign War then you should not be employed as a CBP agent/officer.
                        Test -02 April 2012
                        NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                        TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                        Qualifications - (Pending)
                        PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                        VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                        Drug Test - (pending)
                        Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                        B.I. - In security office
                        Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                        PFT2 -
                        EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Another timeline to ponder...
                          App (SWB): 3/14/12
                          Test: 3/27/12
                          NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
                          TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
                          Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
                          Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
                          PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
                          Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
                          sent medical update form 6/21/13
                          VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
                          Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
                          Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
                          Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
                          Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
                          EOD: 9/3/13
                          FLETC: 10/2/13

Comment

• It's sweet that they provide your duty weapon ,it'll save us $800+,since hk is so damn expensive

Comment

• @sick of being army grunt,may be you are right man,good people deserve a break and a chance.

Comment

• Americoza pm sent

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15052 users online. 428 members and 14624 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X