300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    Remember, everyone has a slightly different experience. Not everyone that gets FL has been waiting for years. I have a friend that became a CBPO last year and only took him about a year or less to go through the whole process (And his score was also a 90) With that said, I personally would apply to the SWB. There's a much better chance you'll receive a TO there.
    Hey Wolf,

Wow.. It only took a year for your friend.. Thats amazing, really lucky guy! Well, Im willing to change my location to the SWB, but is there anyway to know if they need people in the specify area (geo location) that you've put in for?
    Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
      Hey Wolf,

Wow.. It only took a year for your friend.. Thats amazing, really lucky guy! Well, Im willing to change my location to the SWB, but is there anyway to know if they need people in the specify area (geo location) that you've put in for?
      The announcement mentions where they're in critical need for. They are pretty much always in critical need for the SWB though, or so it seems...
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Short answer...CBPOs are not defined as "LEOs" under that pay scale.
        So they start at the $31k?

Comment

• Question about the Poly, I don't remember what I put down on the initial app but on the Ploy if they ask me about marijuana use and I say something different than what the app says, will that fail me? or they just compare the answers to the poly results?
          Confused and nervous about getting the answers right, I did try marijuana when I was a teen but I dont remember if I stated that on the initial app. Would it be possible to change that on the app so I know for sure?
          Thanks in advance for the help.
          MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry View Post
            Oi IamWolf. I sent you a private message. Maybe it can shed some light these questions.
            Obrigado manu, valeu.
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Get Some View Post
              Question about the Poly, I don't remember what I put down on the initial app but on the Ploy if they ask me about marijuana use and I say something different than what the app says, will that fail me? or they just compare the answers to the poly results?
              Confused and nervous about getting the answers right, I did try marijuana when I was a teen but I dont remember if I stated that on the initial app. Would it be possible to change that on the app so I know for sure?
              Honesty is key. If you were honest in the initial app and you're 100% honest during the poly you shouldn't encounter any problems. However if you were somewhat dishonest in the Eqip I recommend letting the polygraph examiner know right away. In fact, let him know whether you have ANY doubts in your head- whether they seem dumb or not. At least that's what I did (And still no letter of DQ or a retake after 2 1/2 weeks )

With that said, what you wrote on your Eqip is very important. Ask yourself this question: If you were hiring someone, would you choose a person who is only transparent the second time around or someone who is straight forward about all potentially negative things initially? It is paramount not to try and hide anything that can be perceived as negative to your person.

Comment

what you wrote on your Eqip
                Haven't done the Eqip yet, doesn't that follow after the TSL is received?
                MSP 1896

Comment

Haven't done the Eqip yet, doesn't that follow after the TSL is received?
                  Eqip comes with the TSL I believe... Then you're good! What are you worrying about?! Make sure you fill out the Eqip correctly. Feel free to PM me if you have any doubts. Not that I'm any sort of expert but maybe I could help out.

Comment

Eqip comes with the TSL I believe... Then you're good! What are you worrying about?! Make sure you fill out the Eqip correctly. Feel free to PM me if you have any doubts. Not that I'm any sort of expert but maybe I could help out.
                    Thank you sir, I'll take you up on that if I run into problems.
                    MSP 1896

Comment

• Does anyone know how hard it is to get Guam or Saipan?

Will CBP ever hire for those locations again?

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
                        Definitely, it makes sense to change my geo location. I've been thinking about it. Thanks for your input. So Do I just wait for them to send me an email regarding the geo location change? or Do I have to request the change myself?
                        You going to have to email MHC and request the change, it might take like 2 days to get back to you with a new NOR good luck

Comment

• i have a few questions regarding the B.I if anyone can help me out. I recently moved home after being discharged from the U.S Army and i havent spoken with friends in a long time, its just me and my wife all by ourselves starting from scratch. I listed a few old friends on my e-qip (gave me no choice but to list a minimum number ) as contacts but im not sure exactly of their information, they might have changed their numbers and addresses. Will the ivestigator take into account the fact that since i moved home from across the country and started a new life the contacts that know me havent seen me in 4+years? Also will he/she personally interview them as well as my family and my former military supervisors(stationed in south korea)? My parents are immigrants from Greece and dont speak very good enlish. Im just trying to understand all of this..also B.I has been at security office since 4/17/12 and wondering how long it will be untill i hear anything from that?
                          NYPD EXAM#-1309 LIST-5xx

APD5 -
                          MEDICAL-
                          WRITTEN PSYCH -
                          ORAL PSYCH - 05/06/13 passed
                          B.I MEETING -
                          JST -
                          MINI MED - pending

BORDER PATROL - pending
                          CBP OFFICER - pending
                          SUFFOLK COUNTY P.D - pending
                          WESTCHESTER COUNTY C.O - pending
                          ROCKLAND COUNTY P.D - pending

" THE MAN WHO SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR NEVER FALLS OUT OF BED" - UNKNOWN

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilDog22 View Post
                            So they start at the $31k?

Yeah, if we're talking GS-05 RUS base pay.

As a practical matter it'll depend on your port and a bunch of other circumstances as to just what 'the pay' will be. Very few people make base pay only.

Edited to add:
                            It appears you're current BOP. That likely changes things in your case. You'll probably either come in at your current pay rate or a GS-05/10...whichever is cheaper.
                            Last edited by merlin436; 06-18-2012, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Question about the Poly, I don't remember what I put down on the initial app but on the Ploy if they ask me about marijuana use and I say something different than what the app says, will that fail me? or they just compare the answers to the poly results?
                              You should have kept a copy of the application. ALWAYS keep a copy!! but since it wasn't the E-qip like wolf said make sure you get it right. On the test it probably isn't as bad.
                              Last edited by breachnclear; 06-18-2012, 01:14 AM.
                              CBPO
                              App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                              Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                              ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                              APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                              PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                              Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                              Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                                Does anyone know how hard it is to get Guam or Saipan?

Will CBP ever hire for those locations again?
                                I imagine they'll hire a few. Neither port is that large though.
                                On the other hand, I can't see much mainland interest in working Guam or the NMIs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10534 users online. 391 members and 10143 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X