300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    That's Sunday-Saturday for me. Multiple times per day... You can call me a loser but it's hard to be patient when so many things are hanging on this process.
    Tell me about, I'm waiting on ONE little green check mark that will change everything in my life.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
      Tell me about, I'm waiting on ONE little green check mark that will change everything in my life.
      One more check mark for me too! I spoke to someone last week and they said my investigation is still open and ongoing...
      Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
      Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
      TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
      PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
      Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
      VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
      B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
      Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
      Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
      PFT2: ?

Comment

• an one else applied for Florida or for that matter is an active officer in Florida and can tell me about the locations that the pft1 and VBT were held. I'm in Tampa and there is a CBP office in down town do any of you think that that is where it would be or could it be any where in the state ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilo LOst View Post
          an one else applied for Florida or for that matter is an active officer in Florida and can tell me about the locations that the pft1 and VBT were held. I'm in Tampa and there is a CBP office in down town do any of you think that that is where it would be or could it be any where in the state ?
          PFT1 is held at a clinic, and the VBT will either be in Tampa or Miami... as for you getting Florida as a location.... maybe in 3-4 years outside of Miami, with that said your current geo includes VI's and PR... so who knows where you'll end up.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
            I see what you're saying. But at least I would be in the academy already and getting paid. Plus I have nothing to hide so no reason for them to pull me out.
            Just because you are clean doesn't mean that S...T happens and you get set back on your process. I was squeaky clean yet it took me 3.5 years (2 full BI's and a Poly) to finally clear my BI. As I stated before LUCK plays a BIG role in this. Do not assume anything (if you know the saying), expect the worse and if it happens that you fall under those that blow by quickly... then great! But don't expect to fly by the process, and don't place all your eggs in one basket... move along as if you didn't apply. The worst thing you can do right now is hold off on everything else because you think you'll be heading to FLETC in the next few months!
            When I applied in 2007 I completed all the steps in 4 months, that's Test included... Tested at the end of AUG and met my BI in December (which was the last step)...and it was 2011 when it finally cleared. Like you I thought I was blazing through the process... and I opportunities blew by holding off on CBP.
            CBPO

Comment

• When I contacted IA to find out the status of my BI, I was told to expect a minimum of 9-14 months for it to clear.

Set it and forget it.

Comment

• Just applied today for the SWB. Was surprised they don't have the written in Chicago. I will be traveling to NC to take my test on 8-13.

I know if your not fluent in Spanish you take a 6 week course on Spanish. Do they hire a lot who are not fluent? Will I even have a chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                  When I contacted IA to find out the status of my BI, I was told to expect a minimum of 9-14 months for it to clear.

Set it and forget it.
                  When did you call and 9-14 months from when? When you met your investigator or from when it was sent to the security office? Ya I know I'm trying figure out a process that has no set rhym or reason. Doesn't hurt to try, however useless it may be.
                  Last edited by Rms16; 06-15-2012, 11:34 PM.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilDog22 View Post
                    Just applied today for the SWB. Was surprised they don't have the written in Chicago. I will be traveling to NC to take my test on 8-13.

I know if your not fluent in Spanish you take a 6 week course on Spanish. Do they hire a lot who are not fluent? Will I even have a chance?
                    Yes, they hire many for the SWB who have no previous spanish speaking ability.
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                      Yes, they hire many for the SWB who have no previous spanish speaking ability.
                      Awesome! Do they do the alternate language test like BPA?

My wife's friend had rosetta stone that I was thinking of borrowing, give me a little taste of what it's like to learn a new language.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilDog22 View Post
                        Awesome! Do they do the alternate language test like BPA?

My wife's friend had rosetta stone that I was thinking of borrowing, give me a little taste of what it's like to learn a new language.

There is no alternate language test, if you can not speak Spanish, after you get done with FLETC you go SC for 6 weeks of Spanish class.
                        Test -02 April 2012
                        NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                        TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                        Qualifications - (Pending)
                        PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                        VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                        Drug Test - (pending)
                        Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                        B.I. - In security office
                        Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                        PFT2 -
                        EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Hey guys,

I received my NORs last month with a rating of 90, and I chose Florida as my Geo location. Do you guys OTJ or anyone with knowledge or experience about the process has any idea if I will ever get a TSL for that location? or should I just change it to the SWB for a prompt and better chance of being called?

Thanks in advance!
                          Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by allandchen View Post
                            Thanks Breachnclear.. Hopefully I will be able to pass the uncorrected vision test without getting the LASIK. Not that I don't want the LASIK, but it is because I don't want to have to wait for 3 months to do the retest.
                            Passed my medical test today. Uncorrected vision isn't so bad, now back to the waiting game..
                            Test -1/4/11
                            NOR - 5/9/12
                            TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                            TSL 2- 5/11/12
                            Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                            PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                            VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                            Drug Test - ?
                            Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                            B.I. - ?
                            Poly- ?
                            PFT2 - ?
                            EOD - ?

Comment

• Quick Question - I have been considering joining the Air National Guard. I would also really like the opportunity to become a CBPO. Having zero experience with either position and time requirements associated, would it be possible to pursue both?

If this belongs in another part of the forum let me know.
                              CBPO
                              GEO:SWB
                              Written Test: 6/6/12
                              NOR: 6/15/12 (97 w/o Vet Pref)
                              TSL1: 6/18/12

Comment

• Originally posted by leotheleo View Post
                                Quick Question - I have been considering joining the Air National Guard. I would also really like the opportunity to become a CBPO. Having zero experience with either position and time requirements associated, would it be possible to pursue both?

If this belongs in another part of the forum let me know.
                                You can do both....
                                You'll most likely be an Airman by the time CBP comes calling.
                                If you have a family, then you might change your mind on doing both once you join CBP... Hard to give the one weekend a month I actually get to the service and not the family. If you're single there shouldn't be an issue to continue your service. It's always personal preference and priorities when it comes to something like this.
                                For now I'd say join if it's something you really want to do.
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17779 users online. 534 members and 17245 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X