300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
    someone i know who was/is in the process (just got eod) had the same issue (i WAS just as bad with a -7.25) he was offered to get a second opinion from his doctor or go for the LASIK process. He got the LASIK and retested 3 Months after the LASIK and passed. That was his experience, I just got LASIK done and it was worth everthing I paid. Hopefully it works that same way for you, at least i had the ehads up early and now i can pass on the first shot.
    Thanks Breachnclear.. Hopefully I will be able to pass the uncorrected vision test without getting the LASIK. Not that I don't want the LASIK, but it is because I don't want to have to wait for 3 months to do the retest.
    Test -1/4/11
    NOR - 5/9/12
    TSL 1 - 5/10/12
    TSL 2- 5/11/12
    Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
    PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
    VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
    Drug Test - ?
    Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
    B.I. - ?
    Poly- ?
    PFT2 - ?
    EOD - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      Not all of them. There are many variables at play... Regions, POE's, funded positions, and need of new hires, and a bit of luck!!!...
      Thanks for jumping in Yoda, figured you would have some insight into it.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
        Well, lets put it this way. I TOed 2/16/12, I finished my poly two weeks ago, and I applied for the SWB. What do you think is the deal with my process? High possibility of being expedited or what?
        It's hard to say if you will be. Like Yoda said there are plenty of variables that can slow you down. With a geo of SWB and a completed passed poly you probably will get to fletc sooner then later. Although anything can happen and change that in the drop of a hat.
        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Hoping I hear about scheduling my poly soon. Would like to get that one out of the way as soon as possible. Reading through some past messages in this thread has me a little worried about it.
          CBPO:
          Test Date: 3/26/2012
          NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
          NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
          TSL: 4/27/2012
          PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
          Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
          VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
          Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
          Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            FLETC is what it is. Also true, FLETC is not what it is not.
            It's not intended to be easy, fun or pleasurable. It's not a 19 week ocean cruise on a world-class luxury liner. It's 19 weeks of a law-enforcement academy.

This time of year, Brunswick can be rather hot and humid as well.

19 weeks of anything can burn anybody out...even if it is good thing. FWIW, I'd gladly go back and do it again...and like XTRider, I'd probably have enough of it by week 17 too.
            I'm sure that by week 17 anybody would probably have had enough. That being said, I still can't wait to get there.
            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by afftont View Post
              Hoping I hear about scheduling my poly soon. Would like to get that one out of the way as soon as possible. Reading through some past messages in this thread has me a little worried about it.
              The poly, for me, was by far the worse and most invasive part of the pre-employment process. And that's because my examiner was a really nice guy. As long as you get ALL doubts out of the way before you're in the chair though, you'll be good. (Assuming that I did pass because it's not like they have a polygraph section in CASS which I wish they did!)
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• I took my Poly in Feb. never heard anything back. I'm assuming I passed b/c Monday of this week my BI cleared in CASS. The odd thing is....I haven't been scheduled for my drug test yet. Still waiting for drug test, EOD & PFT2. I'm not sure about the interim clearance process but at this point I don't think I would need it. According to CASS, I've been cleared.

Hurry up and wait.
                CPB OFFICER
                GEO – SW Border
                Exam - 08/13/2011
                TSL – 09/11/2011
                Medical – 09/28/2011
                PFT 1 – 11/07/2011
                VBT-SI – 12/12/2011
                Additional Medical Information, Personal Doctor Visits 12/2011-01/2012
                BI Forms Submitted - 01/09/2012
                Poly – 02/28/2012 (worst day ever)
                Met with BI – 03/24/2012
                BI Cleared in CASS – 06/12/2012
                Drug Test – 06/20/2012
                EOD – 07/30/2012, FLETC 08/31/12 - 01/15/13
                PFT 2 –

Comment

• Is CASS only updated on Tuesdays?

Comment

• Originally posted by cmlmt5 View Post
                    I took my Poly in Feb. never heard anything back. I'm assuming I passed b/c Monday of this week my BI cleared in CASS. The odd thing is....I haven't been scheduled for my drug test yet. Still waiting for drug test, EOD & PFT2. I'm not sure about the interim clearance process but at this point I don't think I would need it. According to CASS, I've been cleared.

Hurry up and wait.
                    That's pretty much the same road I'm in right now. I really hope my BI doesn't take 4 months to clear though! I'm praying for that interim clearance
                    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                      Is CASS only updated on Tuesdays?
                      If you read through the forum it's usually tues and thurs for most people.

Comment

That's pretty much the same road I'm in right now. I really hope my BI doesn't take 4 months to clear though! I'm praying for that interim clearance
                        Pray for a completed BI, as an "interim" would place you in an unwanted position going through the academy...
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Do they tell you if you passed or failed the poly right then or even give you some kind of idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by cmlmt5 View Post
                            I took my Poly in Feb. never heard anything back. I'm assuming I passed b/c Monday of this week my BI cleared in CASS. The odd thing is....I haven't been scheduled for my drug test yet. Still waiting for drug test, EOD & PFT2. I'm not sure about the interim clearance process but at this point I don't think I would need it. According to CASS, I've been cleared.

Hurry up and wait.
                            Since you Met your investigator in march and took your poly in Feb its more likely that you have been granted an interim clearance then that your BI is actually completed. It is possible that it cleared in less then three months, but highly unlikely. Your BI went green in CASS probably due to the interim clearance from the poly. Either way getting the green check for your BI I find is one of the most difficult. As you can tell by my timeline. Haha
                            Last edited by Rms16; 06-15-2012, 12:12 PM.
                            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

If you read through the forum it's usually tues and thurs for most people.
                              Yup, CASS only updates every Tuesday and Thursday. That doesn't stop me from checking on a Friday for no good reason though. Haha
                              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• After noon all , some general questions about e-qip thought you all might have some good answers. If I had a step parent but they are no longer married to my parent do I need to include them in my background because I have no contact with them now and haven't had contact with them for a few years (like 3) just worried that if I include them it will jack me up or something. thanks in advance for any advice you all give

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4261 users online. 274 members and 3987 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X