300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
    It is true about calling to IA. I called them to ask about my BI, leave a message and then they called me back. They told me that my BI is in polygraph pending and they could call me soon for schedule. I also asked, what about if I'm living in another state?, and they said that I could take a closer location for the polygraph when they call me. It was a good idea to call them because I was waiting for 6 months w/o notice. Thank you Rms16 for your advice. I'm still waiting but with some extra information.
    No problem, glad I could help. They can't always give you a lot of info, but you almost always get off the phone with them knowing more (even if it's minor) then you did before. I called last week found out some info about when my BI was last worked on and was told I should call back this week. They said it could be nearing completion, which I hope is true but I'm sure isn't the case. Pretty sure she was just making an educated guess. If you're going to be scheduled for a poly Shark then you could be in fletc by the end of the summer. It all depends when they schedule you. Good luck and keep us informed.
    Last edited by Rms16; 06-14-2012, 05:55 PM.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Hello World,
      Been scoping out the scene lately and finally decided to post. Im coming along in the process pretty fast. If anyone can explain to me how to do my signature so i can show my timeline. Thanks in advance.
      CBPO 18-11
      Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/09/18: NOR
      6/29/18: Fitness Test
      6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
      7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
      7/05/18: Medical Cleared
      7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
      8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
      8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
      8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
      8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
      3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
        No problem, glad I could help. They can't always give you a lot of info, but you almost always get off the phone with them knowing more (even if it's minor) then you did before. I called last week found out some info about when my BI was last worked on and was told I should call back this week. They said it could be nearing completion, which I hope is true but I'm sure isn't the case. Pretty sure she was just making an educated guess. If you're going to be scheduled for a poly Shark then you could be in fletc by the end of the summer. It all depends when they schedule you. Good luck and keep us informed.
        So people that are scheduled for a poly are expedited?
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• So it's been more than 2 weeks since I took the poly. I remember someone saying that basically if I pass the two week mark, don't hear anything, and am still in CASS then that means I passed the poly. Also, today I received an email from MHC about some exercises I can do in order to get ready for the PFT2. I'm assuming that means I passed the poly and am still in the process! Then again it's just an assumption.
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
            Most that get the poly are given an interim clearance, you can then be sent to fletc while they complete the actual BI. If they discover something while investigating you and your at fletc they will pull you out and send you packing. Happens a lot with SWB not sure with other geo's. It probably does but so many other geo's have such a long waiting list with some ppl testing back in 07 and 08 that their is no need for an interim clearance.

Yoda may be able to chime in here and give you a little more info on it then me.
            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
            Score:9X.XX%
            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremellio View Post
              Hello World,
              Been scoping out the scene lately and finally decided to post. Im coming along in the process pretty fast. If anyone can explain to me how to do my signature so i can show my timeline. Thanks in advance.
              Edit your profile. On the left side is a link called 'edit signature'
              Last edited by Rissa220; 06-14-2012, 07:59 PM.
              San Ysidro, CA
              EOD: 7/16/2012
              FLETC: 8/17/2012-12/31/2012

Comment

So it's been more than 2 weeks since I took the poly. I remember someone saying that basically if I pass the two week mark, don't hear anything, and am still in CASS then that means I passed the poly. Also, today I received an email from MHC about some exercises I can do in order to get ready for the PFT2. I'm assuming that means I passed the poly and am still in the process! Then again it's just an assumption.
                That's an email they sent out every month just to give us tips on getting ready for pft2

Comment

Why may I ask do you feel this way? What has been your experience like at FLETC?
                  When u served in the US Armed Forces and come to a civillian academy its hard to swallow that the things they try to copy from the military, theyre not doing it right.

Logistic is a joke. Sometimes an instructor take almost the 2 full hours of his class and u have very little time to move to another location where u need to go in a bus. If your late they hammer you on that.

Been there, done that. Marching protocol is a joke. They want everybody in formation, marching but they dont really teach people how to do some movements creating a chaos for people who have no idea how to march.

We have a practice lab one day and the next time u have to do a PE its a week after that. They cut class time to go and issued u a body armor. Academics are important, u really need to pay attention or u gonna fail and just because they wanna see you wearing a body armor they will not teach u that class and they will not give u that class later. Same with uniforms.

If you wanna make this academy military style, then pay attention to what the military is doing and learn before u implement something and dont try to make a copy without knowing what ur doing.

I was 8 years in the military, my rank was an E-6 . I moved prettty fast thru the rank for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    Most that get the poly are given an interim clearance, you can then be sent to fletc while they complete the actual BI. If they discover something while investigating you and your at fletc they will pull you out and send you packing. Happens a lot with SWB not sure with other geo's. It probably does but so many other geo's have such a long waiting list with some ppl testing back in 07 and 08 that their is no need for an interim clearance.

Yoda may be able to chime in here and give you a little more info on it then me.
                    Hmm, now I wonder what is the possibility of me getting an interim clearance...

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                      When u served in the US Armed Forces and come to a civillian academy its hard to swallow that the things they try to copy from the military, theyre not doing it right.

Logistic is a joke. Sometimes an instructor take almost the 2 full hours of his class and u have very little time to move to another location where u need to go in a bus. If your late they hammer you on that.

Been there, done that. Marching protocol is a joke. They want everybody in formation, marching but they dont really teach people how to do some movements creating a chaos for people who have no idea how to march.

We have a practice lab one day and the next time u have to do a PE its a week after that. They cut class time to go and issued u a body armor. Academics are important, u really need to pay attention or u gonna fail and just because they wanna see you wearing a body armor they will not teach u that class and they will not give u that class later. Same with uniforms.

If you wanna make this academy military style, then pay attention to what the military is doing and learn before u implement something and dont try to make a copy without knowing what ur doing.

I was 8 years in the military, my rank was an E-6 . I moved prettty fast thru the rank for a reason.
                      So pretty much if I take my car to FLETC, learn how to march, and pay attention in class I should be good then? I don't see the big deal. We will see once I get there. I think I'll be more than ecstatic just knowing that I'll be getting paid more than what I am now to ultimately do something with my life that will make more of a difference than working where I am now. The only thing I'm worried about is staying away from my family and my girlfriend for so long. But papa's gotta make some money to buy that ring!!

Comment

So pretty much if I take my car to FLETC, learn how to march, and pay attention in class I should be good then? I don't see the big deal. We will see once I get there. I think I'll be more than ecstatic just knowing that I'll be getting paid more than what I am now to ultimately do something with my life that will make more of a difference than working where I am now. The only thing I'm worried about is staying away from my family and my girlfriend for so long. But papa's gotta make some money to buy that ring!!
                        u dont get it.

But good luck my friend. 19 weeks burns u out quickly. Everybody is different. I wish the best to everybody that comes here.

Comment

Not all of them. There are many variables at play... Regions, POE's, funded positions, and need of new hires, and a bit of luck!!!...
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            Not all of them. There are many variables at play... Regions, POE's, funded positions, and need of new hires, and a bit of luck!!!...
                            Well, lets put it this way. I TOed 2/16/12, I finished my poly two weeks ago, and I applied for the SWB. What do you think is the deal with my process? High possibility of being expedited or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                              u dont get it.

But good luck my friend. 19 weeks burns u out quickly. Everybody is different. I wish the best to everybody that comes here.
                              Good luck to you too. Everyone has a different perception of things. We'll see what my perception is after a few weeks of FLETC. I'll let all you guys know.

Comment

• FLETC is what it is. Also true, FLETC is not what it is not.
                                It's not intended to be easy, fun or pleasurable. It's not a 19 week ocean cruise on a world-class luxury liner. It's 19 weeks of a law-enforcement academy.

This time of year, Brunswick can be rather hot and humid as well.

19 weeks of anything can burn anybody out...even if it is good thing. FWIW, I'd gladly go back and do it again...and like XTRider, I'd probably have enough of it by week 17 too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12310 users online. 232 members and 12078 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X