• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 221
    Leaving for FLETC 6/19
    Wish me luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected]
      Its over folks, just got off the phone with my cousin who is in DC working on BI's for CBP.
      The budget is beyond shot and they are not sending anyone to the academy till Q2 2014.
      There will be several classes filled by the end of the year and thats it.
      She said if CBP could lay people off they would. THey have way too many ports with too man employees and some with not enough - but traffic is way way way down.
      Same with the USBP, they are not hiring till Q4 2013.

Look at local agencies and ATF
      That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The announcement has been extended twice already. Also why would they send out TSL's to people (myself included) if all the steps like medical and BI will expire after a year. You are talking two years before they would go to the academy. Now I can see if you meant to say that there will not be another announcement after this one closes until 2014, but not sending anymore people to the academy after this september is a ridiculous statement IMO. I am also in the hiring process for the local PD so if somehow this was ridiculously true then I would stick with local PD (if hired) until CBP calls. I wouldn't get to bent out of shape over this statement....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
        Thanks Vrom, greatly appreciated. When did you BI clear? Recently?
        To be honest I can't remember I believe it cleared around October or November of last year. My B.I. process only took about a month to clear but I had no criminal history and a short credit history plus the investigator was really cool.

Comment

• I haven't done my PFT1 but I'm scheduled for my VBT at the end of the month. I was called to do the PFT1 and told them about my recent surgery and never heard from them again... The lady said she would call back and it's been about 2 weeks. I should've done the PFT1 because all that was scaring was doing 20 pushups and now I see that the minimum is 12. I can do about 10 even though my shoulder still needs some more healing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
            Class 221
            Leaving for FLETC 6/19
            Wish me luck!
            You'll be fine, just be safe... good luck officer...
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:12/10
            TSl: 5/11
            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
            Met BI:1/12
            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 3/12
            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected]
              Its over folks, just got off the phone with my cousin who is in DC working on BI's for CBP.
              The budget is beyond shot and they are not sending anyone to the academy till Q2 2014.
              There will be several classes filled by the end of the year and thats it.
              She said if CBP could lay people off they would. THey have way too many ports with too man employees and some with not enough - but traffic is way way way down.
              Same with the USBP, they are not hiring till Q4 2013.

Look at local agencies and ATF
              HAHAHAHAHAHA!
              This has got to be the funniest post I have seen here.....

So wrong for so many reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by JStylez80 View Post
                Does anybody know if they're ever going to hire for the San Francisco/ Oakland area? I've been sitting in TSU for over 120 days now. I retook the test on April 21st of this year and applied for the SWB. Until I get a new TSL for the retake I'm stuck in TSU via my old application from back in 2008.
                Seems we share the same timeline. My original is Nov 2008 for SFO/OAK.
                Test: November 2008
                TO: 12/26/08
                Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                VBT 1/21/09-completed
                Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• 2 more weeks for me at FLETC.

Cant wait to get my butt out of here. Whoever is excited to come to FLETC he's heading for a rude awakening

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                    2 more weeks for me at FLETC.

Cant wait to get my butt out of here. Whoever is excited to come to FLETC he's heading for a rude awakening
                    lol its not even that bad. stop being so dramatic.

attention future trainees: fletc is not that bad. taj has its good things and so do the crack houses. food gets old at about the 2 month mark. if you're lucky then you'll have some good classmates and everyone will get along. your classmates turn into brothers so of course you won't get along 100% of the time BUT...thats what pt is for and when you put the pads on then throw some blows and blow off steam.

BRING YOUR CAR IF POSSIBLE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                      HAHAHAHAHAHA!
                      This has got to be the funniest post I have seen here.....

So wrong for so many reasons.
                      I think the "She said if CBP could lay off people they would" was the funniest. My port is only able to replace about 1 out of every 3 that retirees tight now. It is just as short handed in other places too. People maxing out on OT, being mandated OT on a weekly basis. And you think they can or would lay people off?
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Received my Qual letter for GS-07! Still waiting on my BI and Medical to clear, and to schedule a drug test.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbill2442 View Post
                          lol its not even that bad. stop being so dramatic.

attention future trainees: fletc is not that bad. taj has its good things and so do the crack houses. food gets old at about the 2 month mark. if you're lucky then you'll have some good classmates and everyone will get along. your classmates turn into brothers so of course you won't get along 100% of the time BUT...thats what pt is for and when you put the pads on then throw some blows and blow off steam.

BRING YOUR CAR IF POSSIBLE!!
                          what class are u in??

its horrible.

Comment

• There will always be someone to complain about something

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                              2 more weeks for me at FLETC.

Why may I ask do you feel this way? What has been your experience like at FLETC?
                              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                All right...let's try to clarify a bit...

First, there is, as far as I know, no "official" class list that's been released. One reason for that is probably because CBP wants to reserve the right to modify/cancel classes/dates at their want/whim.
                                So...don't take any future class dates as gospel. View everything as tentative.

Most things within CBP run under the fiscal year(FY). FY's run from 10/01 until 09/30. As far as I know, the only classes scheduled are FY12 classes...which stop at the end of September. What's to come in October...I don't know. Over the course of the last few years CBP has run as many as close to 70 classes, hiring nearly 3000 new people...to a handful of classes, hiring less than 200 people. Pick something in between those numbers as the target hiring for FY13 and you'll likely be correct.
                                Thanks merlin436
                                Test -1/4/11
                                NOR - 5/9/12
                                TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                                TSL 2- 5/11/12
                                Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                                PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                                VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                                Drug Test - ?
                                Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                                B.I. - ?
                                Poly- ?
                                PFT2 - ?
                                EOD - ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6923 users online. 399 members and 6524 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X