Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 04/12
    PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
    EOD:06/18/12
    FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• Originally posted by allandchen View Post
      merlin436,

Are you saying if we don't get called for FLETC by Sept 2012, we will have to wait till next year? If so, is it because of the winter time? And if it ends every year by the end of Sept, what month does it begin classes every year?
      All right...let's try to clarify a bit...

First, there is, as far as I know, no "official" class list that's been released. One reason for that is probably because CBP wants to reserve the right to modify/cancel classes/dates at their want/whim.
      So...don't take any future class dates as gospel. View everything as tentative.

Most things within CBP run under the fiscal year(FY). FY's run from 10/01 until 09/30. As far as I know, the only classes scheduled are FY12 classes...which stop at the end of September. What's to come in October...I don't know. Over the course of the last few years CBP has run as many as close to 70 classes, hiring nearly 3000 new people...to a handful of classes, hiring less than 200 people. Pick something in between those numbers as the target hiring for FY13 and you'll likely be correct.

Comment

• im 224- 7/25.. ill see you there
        CBPO

Comment

• Eleven months and my background investigation is still pending... That's okay. I've got a full summer!
          Gek.

Comment

• CBPO
            GEO: SWB
            Test - July 2011 (98 w/out vet points)
            NOR - never got one
            TSL - September 2011
            Qualifications - GS-7
            PFT1- Passed
            VBT & S.I. - Passed
            B.I. - Passed
            Poly - Didn't take one
            Medical- some medical issues but finally cleared (06/15/2012)
            Drug Test - Passed
            PFT2 - 06/29/2012
            EOD - El Paso (07/16/2012)
            Fletc- 08/17/2012 - 12/31/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
              Eleven months and my background investigation is still pending... That's okay. I've got a full summer!
              Second that Drifting, 11 months and counting! Getting close to a year though. Called IA last week and was told that my adjudicator worked on my BI last April. Repeatedly said it was a month ago so I'm going to take that as towards the end of Aprl. She then stated that could mean its nearing completion and I should call again this week. Well if you know the way this process has gone it could mean nearing completion, could also mean still needs some more work or maybe they are using my BI to find the fountain of youth in South America haha. Who knows being worked on last April could mean ANYTHING! Your right though, the way I see it I'll get this summer to enjoy and then get the call. Don't get me wrong, I'd leave in a heart beat if I got the call tomorrow!
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by vrom04 View Post
                CBPO
                GEO: SWB
                Test - July 2011 (98 w/out vet points)
                NOR - never got one
                TSL - September 2011
                Qualifications - GS-7
                PFT1- Passed
                VBT & S.I. - Passed
                B.I. - Passed
                Poly - Didn't take one
                Medical- some medical issues but finally cleared (06/15/2012)
                Drug Test - Passed
                PFT2 - 06/29/2012
                EOD - El Paso (07/16/2012)
                Fletc- 08/17/2012 - 12/31/2012
                Thanks Vrom, greatly appreciated. When did you BI clear? Recently?
                List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Hope that's not true.
                  Written Test: 3/08
                  NOR: 4/08
                  TO: 4/08
                  Medical: 4/08
                  Fitness: 6/08
                  VBT: 6/08
                  Met with investigator: 10/08
                  Received NOPA: 11/08
                  Won appeal: 3/09
                  TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                  New fitness: 7/28/09
                  Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected]
                    Its over folks, just got off the phone with my cousin who is in DC working on BI's for CBP.
                    The budget is beyond shot and they are not sending anyone to the academy till Q2 2014.
                    There will be several classes filled by the end of the year and thats it.
                    She said if CBP could lay people off they would. THey have way too many ports with too man employees and some with not enough - but traffic is way way way down.
                    Same with the USBP, they are not hiring till Q4 2013.

Look at local agencies and ATF
                    well with the mass hiring and high demand of people they are bringing in by the end of this year, i dont see why they would need to do another hiring after this anyway

Comment

Its over folks, just got off the phone with my cousin who is in DC working on BI's for CBP.
                      The budget is beyond shot and they are not sending anyone to the academy till Q2 2014.
                      She said if CBP could lay people off they would. THey have way too many ports with too man employees and some with not enough - but traffic is way way way down.

Its that 's true, Why the application is still open? let see. Anyways, we cannot stop our lives, I decided to continue moving on, if they call me good if not, I will see. I have family and I cannot do everything depends of my application. Good luck to me and to you guys... Maybe that is no true
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:12/10
                      TSl: 5/11
                      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                      Met BI:1/12
                      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                      Qual:cleared 3/12
                      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

So for people that got TOs this year you don't believe they'll be sent to FLETC until 2014?! Boy I hope you're wrong.
                        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                          Its that 's true, Why the application is still open? let see. Anyways, we cannot stop our lives, I decided to continue moving on, if they call me good if not, I will see. I have family and I cannot do everything depends of my application. Good luck to me and to you guys... Maybe that is no true
                          Even better question why did they extend it? I've also read that in AZ alone they are expanding two ports with an eye on expanding a third and Atlanta just expanded aswell. They are going to need officers for those ports. Not to mention that during the hiring freeze that only stopped last year, they lost a ton of officers to attrition. If you speak to any officer at most ports they are down people and need help.
                          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Even better question why did they extend it? I've also read that in AZ alone they are expanding two ports with an eye on expanding a third and Atlanta just expanded aswell. They are going to need officers for those ports. Not to mention that during the hiring freeze that only stopped last year, they lost a ton of officers to attrition. If you speak to any officer at most ports they are down people and need help.
                            We can add even more... What about the new NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) approved? this will add more transit to all ports of entry. Who knows, as we see in this process, no everything has sense for us because we don't know the procedures...
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:12/10
                            TSl: 5/11
                            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                            Met BI:1/12
                            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                            Qual:cleared 3/12
                            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

That is definitely not correct.
                              CBPO
                              TO - 05/08 JFK
                              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                                well with the mass hiring and high demand of people they are bringing in by the end of this year, i dont see why they would need to do another hiring after this anyway
                                Mass hiring?

I doubt they've covered actual attrition with the hiring practices over the last 2 years. Regardless, it could only be viewed as 'mass hiring' if one conveniently ignores the past practice of hiring 2500-3000 people per year.

FWIW, the current attrition rate is around 4%. Basically they need to hire roughly 800 people each year just to break even.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8234 users online. 459 members and 7775 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X