Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeah i figured.. all im waiting on is my BI to clear, then i take the pft2 and i should be getting the phone call.. so far from my experience of reading all these postings the polygraph is a crap shoot so well see what happens with that.
    NYPD EXAM#-1309 LIST-5xx

    APD5 -
    MEDICAL-
    WRITTEN PSYCH -
    ORAL PSYCH - 05/06/13 passed
    B.I MEETING -
    JST -
    MINI MED - pending

    BORDER PATROL - pending
    CBP OFFICER - pending
    SUFFOLK COUNTY P.D - pending
    WESTCHESTER COUNTY C.O - pending
    ROCKLAND COUNTY P.D - pending


    " THE MAN WHO SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR NEVER FALLS OUT OF BED" - UNKNOWN

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JStylez80 View Post
      Just curious to know if anyone with a score in the 70's has received a TSL yet? From the looks of things they're in the low 80's so I'm guessing they're in the high 70's by now. I previously took the test back in 08 and went through the entire process, but i've been in and out of TSU. The geo location I chose isn't in high demand, and when I tried to change it I was informed I had to retake the entire exam over again. So now i'm just sitting around waiting for a TSL with all of the requirements completed. I even took took a poly this past december and renewed my e-quip.
      I got a 98 and took the test early april and have yet to recieve me TSL. They told me on the phone that i have been forwarded to staffing though and am getting tsl 1 and 2.
      ATF SA

      Test - 04/10/2012
      NOR - 05/14/2012
      PFT - 05/21/2012
      SI - ?

      CBPO

      Test - 04/24/2012 (98 Rating)
      NOR - 05/25/2012
      *Request sent to change from Hawaii to SWB - 05/30/2012
      * Geo changed/NORs Recieved SWB - 06/6/2012
      TSL1 - 06/22/2012
      TSL2 - 06/25/2012
      E-Qip Submitted: 07/02/2012
      Qualifications -
      PFT1 - 07/13/2012
      VBT & S.I. - 07/30/2012
      Medical - 07/27/2012
      Drug Test -
      B.I. -
      PFT2 -
      EOD -

      Comment


      • Questing to all who tested MAR/APRIL 2012 with West Coast Geo
        Did you receive a TSL yet?

        Really want to go to So Cal and my patience is running out with switching to SWB
        MSP 1896

        Comment


        • Does anyone know how long it takes for the b.i to call someone, my e-qip only had like 1 job and 1 residence, no drugs, no criminal records, i am a fairly simple candidate to process so i dont get why it takes so long....
          NYPD EXAM#-1309 LIST-5xx

          APD5 -
          MEDICAL-
          WRITTEN PSYCH -
          ORAL PSYCH - 05/06/13 passed
          B.I MEETING -
          JST -
          MINI MED - pending

          BORDER PATROL - pending
          CBP OFFICER - pending
          SUFFOLK COUNTY P.D - pending
          WESTCHESTER COUNTY C.O - pending
          ROCKLAND COUNTY P.D - pending


          " THE MAN WHO SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR NEVER FALLS OUT OF BED" - UNKNOWN

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Get Some View Post
            Questing to all who tested MAR/APRIL 2012 with West Coast Geo
            Did you receive a TSL yet?

            Really want to go to So Cal and my patience is running out with switching to SWB
            Get Some,

            Good luck to you if you really want to wait for West Coast. I also got 90 on my score and I took the test in Dec 2010. After 1+ year of no update, I switched to SWB and within 2 weeks I got my TSL1 and TSL2. I have a buddy who also got 90, and he waited for like 4 or 5 years before getting the call for Long Beach, CA last June. If you really like SoCal, I think going to San Diego border isn't a bad idea too, even though you will be working at the border.
            Test -1/4/11
            NOR - 5/9/12
            TSL 1 - 5/10/12
            TSL 2- 5/11/12
            Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
            PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
            VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
            Drug Test - ?
            Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
            B.I. - ?
            Poly- ?
            PFT2 - ?
            EOD - ?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Get Some View Post
              Questing to all who tested MAR/APRIL 2012 with West Coast Geo
              Did you receive a TSL yet?

              Really want to go to So Cal and my patience is running out with switching to SWB
              Really...your patience is running out???...
              Took me 4 years to get on board, you might want to rethink the way you're approaching this process...
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

              Comment


              • Cass

                Not sure if anyone ever brought it up, but I searched and couldn't find anything. Just wondering why CASS has the following things which I don't understand 100% why they are there or show them the way they are.

                1. Qualification: Isn't that part of BI? Or do they simply list there to show whether you qualify for GS5 or GS7?
                2. VBT: Why is it missing in CASS? Do they consider that as part of Structured Interview?
                3. Polygraph: Why is it missing too? Does it still mean it is not 100% required for all candidates even though it was required by law starting 2013 FY?
                4. Fitness: Is this the PFT1 or PFT2?

                Just curious about these...
                Test -1/4/11
                NOR - 5/9/12
                TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                TSL 2- 5/11/12
                Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                Drug Test - ?
                Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                B.I. - ?
                Poly- ?
                PFT2 - ?
                EOD - ?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by allandchen View Post
                  Not sure if anyone ever brought it up, but I searched and couldn't find anything. Just wondering why CASS has the following things which I don't understand 100% why they are there or show them the way they are.

                  1. Qualification: Isn't that part of BI? Or do they simply list there to show whether you qualify for GS5 or GS7?
                  2. VBT: Why is it missing in CASS? Do they consider that as part of Structured Interview?
                  3. Polygraph: Why is it missing too? Does it still mean it is not 100% required for all candidates even though it was required by law starting 2013 FY?
                  4. Fitness: Is this the PFT1 or PFT2?

                  Just curious about these...
                  Qual- Your correct it's what gs level you qualify for. This for me was one of the last things to clear.

                  VBT- Again you are correct, when you get a green check here it's for both VBT and structured interview. Most take them the same day, but I have seen ppl take it on separate days.

                  Poly- there is nothing in CASS for the poly. From what I've seen on this forum if you hear nothing after the poly then you passed.

                  Fitness- fitness is the pft1.
                  Last edited by Rms16; 06-11-2012, 11:39 PM.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

                  NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                  PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    Really...your patience is running out???...
                    Took me 4 years to get on board, you might want to rethink the way you're approaching this process...
                    Not everybody is you, good for you.

                    Originally posted by allandchen View Post
                    Get Some,

                    Good luck to you if you really want to wait for West Coast. I also got 90 on my score and I took the test in Dec 2010. After 1+ year of no update, I switched to SWB and within 2 weeks I got my TSL1 and TSL2. I have a buddy who also got 90, and he waited for like 4 or 5 years before getting the call for Long Beach, CA last June. If you really like SoCal, I think going to San Diego border isn't a bad idea too, even though you will be working at the border.
                    I want to work the border, stay busy and keep drugs & people from coming in, I'd really love to be in SD but the though that I wouldn't get offered a port in Cali is the only reason why I didn't switch yet, but I think I'll take the chance and switch it now, I don't want to wait 4+ years sitting around while I could be working at CBP regardless of location.
                    Thanks for the input, helped me a lot in my decision.
                    Good luck to you in your process.
                    MSP 1896

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by chris11b View Post
                      Does anyone know how long it takes for the b.i to call someone, my e-qip only had like 1 job and 1 residence, no drugs, no criminal records, i am a fairly simple candidate to process so i dont get why it takes so long....
                      When did you took the cbpo exam and was it for the swb

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        Qual- Your correct it's what gs level you qualify for. This for me was one of the last things to clear.

                        VBT- Again you are correct, when you get a green check here it's for both VBT and structured interview. Most take them the same day, but I have seen ppl take it on separate days.

                        Poly- there is nothing in CASS for the poly. From what I've seen on this forum if you hear nothing after the poly then you passed.

                        Fitness- fitness is the pft1.
                        Thanks for the clarification Rm16.
                        Test -1/4/11
                        NOR - 5/9/12
                        TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                        TSL 2- 5/11/12
                        Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                        PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                        VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                        Drug Test - ?
                        Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                        B.I. - ?
                        Poly- ?
                        PFT2 - ?
                        EOD - ?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Get Some View Post
                          Not everybody is you, good for you.



                          I want to work the border, stay busy and keep drugs & people from coming in, I'd really love to be in SD but the though that I wouldn't get offered a port in Cali is the only reason why I didn't switch yet, but I think I'll take the chance and switch it now, I don't want to wait 4+ years sitting around while I could be working at CBP regardless of location.
                          Thanks for the input, helped me a lot in my decision.
                          Good luck to you in your process.
                          From what I have heard, chances for being offered a POE in San Diego border (particularly San Ysidro and Otay Mesa) are high, but of course, I don't want to jinx myself, because I can't move to Texas or Arizona because my wife and son are in SoCal. But think about it this way, do you want to wait for 4 years then become a GS5 or 7, depending on what you qualify for West Coast, or become a GS12 4 years from now at SWB? This is the way I am looking at it.

                          I regret for not switching last year because many of the people who switched to SWB last July are already at a POE for training or at the academy.
                          Test -1/4/11
                          NOR - 5/9/12
                          TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                          TSL 2- 5/11/12
                          Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                          PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                          VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                          Drug Test - ?
                          Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                          B.I. - ?
                          Poly- ?
                          PFT2 - ?
                          EOD - ?

                          Comment


                          • Does anyone know how many times a year FLETC holds the training for CBP? I know typically, there is one starts in July, anyone know how many training classes per year?
                            Test -1/4/11
                            NOR - 5/9/12
                            TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                            TSL 2- 5/11/12
                            Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                            PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                            VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                            Drug Test - ?
                            Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                            B.I. - ?
                            Poly- ?
                            PFT2 - ?
                            EOD - ?

                            Comment


                            • Rms16- I got the call on May 22. Took the written test July 2011, so it will be a year long process once I EOD
                              Last edited by SFCgolfer; 06-12-2012, 01:30 AM.
                              CBP Officer Southwest Border

                              Comment


                              • anybody currently in the hiring process from Arizona??
                                Go wildcats!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6630 users online. 321 members and 6309 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X