Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blu05r6 You got your offer after 1hr? I am getting out of the Air force to get closer to family in El Paso.. How likely is that i will get a port near there?

Comment

• Thanks, much appreciated...I got my NOR 2 weeks ago and sent in the required paper work last week, so I guess i"m waiting for my TSL... best of luck

Comment

• How would I receive date for Polly, letter or call?

I am a 2010 tester for BP and 2011 tester for CBP, I called IA and they stated that I would be getting a polly date, not sue if that is by phone or email?

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
          Just had the polygraph a week ago.
          how did that go?

Comment

• Kind of a silly question...but when you had 2 weeks to send back the forms after the NOR, did you wait the 2 weeks? I sent mine back within a week but my friend sent his back on the last day does that matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Kevin View Post
              I have a quick question. Does fluency in Mandarin Chinese (native speaker) help when applying for CBP Officer position at the SW border?

no it wont help u to get picked faster. u get picked by ur NOR score

i myself speark Cantonese and Mandarin and i just did my polygraph re-examination today at JFK due to the language problrm on the first exam.

Comment

• Received my TSL 2 as well... Do we send our fingerprints (SF-87) to the MHC address listed in the vacancy announcement on USAjobs (CBP Minneapolis Hiring Center 5600 American Blvd Suite 700
                Bloomington, MN 55437-1450)? Haven't received the SF-87 yet but just planning ahead. Thanks.
                Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
                  Received my TSL 2 as well... Do we send our fingerprints (SF-87) to the MHC address listed in the vacancy announcement on USAjobs (CBP Minneapolis Hiring Center 5600 American Blvd Suite 700
                  Bloomington, MN 55437-1450)? Haven't received the SF-87 yet but just planning ahead. Thanks.
                  They sent me a preaddressed envelope with my fingerprint cards, and yes, they went to Minneapolis
                  Last edited by SFCgolfer; 06-07-2012, 09:38 PM. Reason: Fixing answer
                  CBP Officer Southwest Border

Comment

• I just finished my medical and got invited to the VBT/interview. Doing that in about a month. I know it has been covered somewhere but I can't find it here, the letter says that the VBT counts as the interview, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that we still have both, and to just ignore that part of the letter. Can someone clarify please?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
                      Received my TSL 2 as well... Do we send our fingerprints (SF-87) to the MHC address listed in the vacancy announcement on USAjobs (CBP Minneapolis Hiring Center 5600 American Blvd Suite 700
                      They will send you a green self address envelope with instructions
                      Last edited by CTM045; 06-07-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by guillenv View Post
                        Hello All... New to site. I am in the Air Force and have been for 10yrs. I have finished and passed all the pre-qual process. However I recently found out that I can not be offered a position or port until I am out of the military. this is making me second guess doing customs because my family and I dont know where to go or move all of our things once we are out of the military. What is the average wait for receiving a offer for SWB? Anyone else in the same boat?
                        Welcome. Unfortunately that will be true for pretty much any fed job you take. They want you completely out of the military before you can accept an offer. They really loose a lot of great candidates by having this policy. I actually just brought that exact issue up to some SES CBP people on tuesday. There was a meeting about possible hiring reforms. I told them that a military member on AD regular or reserve who has less than 1 year left on a contract should be able to accept an actual funded position for a specific port and then go to the academy right after they get out.

Maybe you could try staying local (where you are now) in a cheap rental and get any type of job just to pay the bills for now. Stay in the reserves to keep up your health insurance and make some extra drill cash too. I have seen people getting on the job in less than one year from the test for SWB. Being in the military should help you and I believe they are giving interim background clearances for SWB locations to speed things up.

Its a good job, its worth a little sacrifice. Good luck
                        CBPO
                        TO - 05/08 JFK
                        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by SFCgolfer View Post
                          They sent me a preaddressed envelope with my fingerprint cards, and yes, they went to Minneapolis
                          Thanks.
                          Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                            I just finished my medical and got invited to the VBT/interview. Doing that in about a month. I know it has been covered somewhere but I can't find it here, the letter says that the VBT counts as the interview, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that we still have both, and to just ignore that part of the letter. Can someone clarify please?

Thanks!
                            Okay I can speak from my experience I took mine a few weeks ago had the vbt first it's pretty easy they explain it to you plus you also get a few sample scenarios for this section you are going against the time after this section you get the sit down interview with two officials pretty much asking you questions on your real life experiences its easy good luck with the process

Comment

• I really want to do CBP to be closer to family... can anyone tell me how likely i am to get el paso, tx?

Comment

• They need plenty of people in the Swb. I took san ysidro but they offered me several different ports. My score was 100 w/ vet points so that could have something to do with it. I got the offer before I even knew my bg had cleared. In fact it cleared the next day. My process took approximately 7 mo. From beginning to end.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7320 users online. 407 members and 6913 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X