Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aranajav View Post
    Good afternoon, does anyone know how much a Gs5 CBP based in San Ysidro
    makes in there first year given everything Locality Overtime Sunday Pay Night Shift
    or anything else please and thanks?
    Your best bet would be to dig around and find a GS-05 from SYS to ask directly.

    Overtime, Sunday pay and the differential shifts availability vary greatly from port to port.
    Pre-academy, academy and post-academy training will likely effect the availability of OT/Sunday's/Diff. pay/and holidays as well.

    Comment


    • Someone briefly mentioned his BI is in the Security Office, but I couldn't find people really talking about what this means. Currently, my BI also says my case is in the Security Office, what does it really mean? Does that mean my BI is done and the only now is for the Security Office to approve it?

      Also, does Qualification and BI usually change to "Completed" around the same time since when they conduct the BI, that's the period of time where they find ALL the information about you?
      Last edited by allandchen; 06-07-2012, 09:57 AM.
      Test -1/4/11
      NOR - 5/9/12
      TSL 1 - 5/10/12
      TSL 2- 5/11/12
      Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
      PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
      VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
      Drug Test - ?
      Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
      B.I. - ?
      Poly- ?
      PFT2 - ?
      EOD - ?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by allandchen View Post
        Someone briefly mentioned his BI is in the Security Office, but I couldn't find people really talking about what this means. Currently, my BI also says my case is in the Security Office, what does it really mean? Does that mean my BI is done and the only now is for the Security Office to approve it?

        Also, does Qualification and BI usually change to "Completed" around the same time since when they conduct the BI, that's the period of time where they find ALL the information about you?
        BI in the Security Office means that is still pending or is in revision, if you call them they won't give you any information about the status for security reason. For some people like me, means "Wait until some day in the future to be cleared"..
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:12/10
        TSl: 5/11
        Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
        Met BI:1/12
        VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
        Drug Test:04/12 Passed
        Qual:cleared 3/12
        Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
        PFT2:
        EOD:

        Comment


        • For those that have moved to the SWB, how is it in terms of cost of living and residential areas, as well as overtime. I qualified as a GS-5 and am trying to figure out what I would be able to afford and quality of life. My girlfriend is a chemist and I would want to accept a position somewhere where she would have a greater chance of getting a position in her field. Any suggestions on which locations would be good?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The_Kevin View Post
            I have a quick question. Does fluency in Mandarin Chinese (native speaker) help when applying for CBP Officer position at the SW border?
            I'm sure fluency in the most spoken language in the world will help you any where.
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
              Good morning does any one knows how long after the Structual Interview do they contact the applicants for the drug testing/polygraph
              It was about a week or two for me. However, I still haven't been scheduled for the drug test.
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                It was about a week or two for me. However, I still haven't been scheduled for the drug test.
                Thx....are you heading to the SWB also and how long have you been in the process

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                  Thx....are you heading to the SWB also and how long have you been in the process
                  God willing, I'll be at the SWB. I took the written exam 9/1/11
                  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    God willing, I'll be at the SWB. I took the written exam 9/1/11
                    Okay I took mine on 10/10/11 for the SWB

                    Comment


                    • Does anyone know if CBP considers an "inconclusive" as a fail? I have been told they are not the same.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
                        Does anyone know if CBP considers an "inconclusive" as a fail? I have been told they are not the same.
                        Did you get a letter saying your polygraph results were inconclusive?
                        Gek.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                          God willing, I'll be at the SWB. I took the written exam 9/1/11
                          Pre-Employment Forms completed All pre-employment forms have been received.
                          Qualifications completed A review of your work experience and/or education has been completed and you have been found to be qualified at*Grade*7
                          Medical Exam completed Medical requirements have been successfully completed.
                          Structured Interview completed Congratulations! You have passed the interview process.
                          * Drug Screening pending Your drug test is pending at this time.
                          * Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office.
                          Fitness completed Fitness test has been successfully completed.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                            Did you get a letter saying your polygraph results were inconclusive?
                            no it said said I was unsuccessful during the background process and that the offer is being withdrawn. the special agent told me it was inconclusive and that I would receive a re test but never did.

                            Comment


                            • in the past two weeks i got scheduled for my pft, medical, and my vbt....love it!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
                                no it said said I was unsuccessful during the background process and that the offer is being withdrawn. the special agent told me it was inconclusive and that I would receive a re test but never did.
                                Ouch. That's not right...
                                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12199 users online. 451 members and 11748 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X