300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
    Good morning does any one knows how long after the Structual Interview do they contact the applicants for the drug testing/polygraph
    It just depends, I got my poly date and I have not received a SI date yet.
    Test -02 April 2012
    NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
    TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
    Qualifications - (Pending)
    PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
    VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
    Drug Test - (pending)
    Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
    B.I. - In security office
    Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
    PFT2 -
    EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Good afternoon, does anyone know how much a Gs5 CBP based in San Ysidro
      makes in there first year given everything Locality Overtime Sunday Pay Night Shift
      or anything else please and thanks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
        i think i did say bicep...but i meant triceps. i spent a lot of time working on that, it's what helped me to be able to do push ups, now i think i over did, because my shoulders have basically lost all strength. i willl try doing pull ups, and doing various other effective workouts for my body as a whole...i actually did the 3 sets of 5 today, i did one this morning, and another set this evening and my pushups felt better already...almost back to normal, no shaking or straining like i had a couple of days ago.

i think i will start focusing on all 4 of those groups 3 times a week until my push up count gets back to normal
        You should only do pushups a couple days a week. You're overworking your muscles and not letting them rest or heal. That's why your joints are hurting. I would do a full body workout 3 times a week and run on the days you don't lift.
        NOR: Northeast 8/29/11
        NOR: Changed to SWB 11/16/11
        TO: 12/30
        Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Completed, GS-7
        Medical Exam: Completed
        BI: Submitted 2/23/12 Cleared 05/15/2012
        Structured Interview: Completed
        Fitness: Passed 3/05/12
        Poly: 03/24/12
        Drug Screening: Completed
        EOD: July 2

Comment

• Couch to 5K run plan...good for those who need to start running.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Prebuds fitness program from Honorfirst...get yourself to where you can handle their schedule II training and you should have little problem with the fitness program at FLETC.

http://www.honorfirst.com/prebuds.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Couch to 5K run plan...good for those who need to start running.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Prebuds fitness program from Honorfirst...get yourself to where you can handle their schedule II training and you should have little problem with the fitness program at FLETC.

http://www.honorfirst.com/prebuds.htm
            Nice Schedule Merlin...
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:12/10
            TSl: 5/11
            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
            Met BI:1/12
            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 3/12
            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by aranajav View Post
              Good afternoon, does anyone know how much a Gs5 CBP based in San Ysidro
              makes in there first year given everything Locality Overtime Sunday Pay Night Shift

http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/index.asp, this will help with locality pay but I have no idea about the other things
              Last edited by Sick of being a Army Grunt; 06-06-2012, 02:56 PM.
              Test -02 April 2012
              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
              Drug Test - (pending)
              PFT2 -
              EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by aranajav View Post
                Good afternoon, does anyone know how much a Gs5 CBP based in San Ysidro
                Aranajav, I don't remember which page it was, but I think Merlin or Yoda gave me a very good explanation about that. What I can remember is that the basic is very low and the OT and extras is not easy to calculate... sorry. tray to find it going some pages back...
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:12/10
                TSl: 5/11
                Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                Met BI:1/12
                VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                Qual:cleared 3/12
                Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                  Nice Schedule Merlin...
                  If current rumors hold true, it may be that somebody expects the new people to sweat for that GS-12 pay.

Some of us have been preaching increase fitness training for new hires for years. Some people have had the foresight to see a future day when changes forced increased fitness...and some people just recognized that with increased fitness comes increased likelihood of successfully completing the academy.

For whatever reason(s), at whatever date, I think we'll see 'BP-esque' fitness standards as the norm within OFO. People can either jump on the bandwagon today...or they can wait until the last minute and be forced aboard.

Comment

• just got LASIK done yesterday and I am in new jersey if anyone is in need of the procedure or has questions, my doctor was outstanding and staff was extremely professional. My post-op was today and in less than 24 hours from surgery i was seeing better than 20/15 without any type of over correction, send me a private message if you need more info.

Also did anyone in the new(current) announcement submit the pre-employment forms between friday/saturday and have their CASS update? mine di not and was going to wait until thursday before i called to bother MHC, I also received the tracking receipt that my prints were received on monday at 10am. thanks
                    CBPO
                    App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                    Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                    ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                    APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                    PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                    Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                    Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                      i think i did say bicep...but i meant triceps. i spent a lot of time working on that, it's what helped me to be able to do push ups, now i think i over did, because my shoulders have basically lost all strength. i willl try doing pull ups, and doing various other effective workouts for my body as a whole...i actually did the 3 sets of 5 today, i did one this morning, and another set this evening and my pushups felt better already...almost back to normal, no shaking or straining like i had a couple of days ago.

i think i will start focusing on all 4 of those groups 3 times a week until my push up count gets back to normal
                      You'll be fine. Just stick to it and don't strain yourself! I dislocated my collar bone a little while ago doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but I kept training through the pain and now I bench more than I ever have.
                      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• I have a quick question. Does fluency in Mandarin Chinese (native speaker) help when applying for CBP Officer position at the SW border?
                        Last edited by The_Kevin; 06-07-2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Kevin View Post
                          I have a quick question. Does fluency in Mandarin Chinese (native speaker) help when applying for CBP Officer position at the SW border?

Hmmm good question, I bet you could easily get a job with the agency your not suppose to talk about its a 3 letter word ends with A starts with C... They are really big on Fluency in exotic foreign tongues..... It would show CBP that you would have no problem learning Spainsh because Mandarin is up there with any dialect of Arabic....very hard tongue to learn
                          Test -02 April 2012
                          TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                          Drug Test - (pending)
                          PFT2 -
                          EOD -

Comment

• Kevin,

I also speak Mandarin Chinese (native), but I doubt it would help much because the other side of SWB is Mexico, not China. I wish it helps too, but I would not understand why it should.

So it looks like you are the first timer here, what's your status so far?
                            Test -1/4/11
                            NOR - 5/9/12
                            TSL 1 - 5/10/12
                            TSL 2- 5/11/12
                            Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
                            PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
                            VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
                            Drug Test - ?
                            Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
                            B.I. - ?
                            Poly- ?
                            PFT2 - ?
                            EOD - ?

Comment

I have a quick question. Does fluency in Mandarin Chinese (native speaker) help when applying for CBP Officer position at the SW border?
                              the best thing that will help you is to apply for Southwest Border, pass the test, and if selected pass all prequals. There are people working the border that didnt speak any foreign language at all when they applied.

Comment

As an applicant it probably won't matter much.

Afterwards...maybe. There are CSI positions in Asia. I've seen TDYs to ICE requesting Mandarin speakers as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9856 users online. 497 members and 9359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X